- Posts: 131084
- Joined: 13 December 2009
- Snooker Idol: Michaela Tabb
- Walk-On: Entry Of The Gladiators
I agree with what he says. I'd also bring in a shot clock, 20 seconds per shot max.
You have to look at the broader picture here. Snooker is kept alive by fans, just like any other sport. The more fans, the more sponsors. And the vast majority of those fans are casuals, the sport should be more oriented to their needs, than to those of purists, who probably like the sport the way it is now.
The game also needs some rule tweaking:
- remove the "foul and a miss rule"
- change the way one gets a snooker. Make it like in pool. After contact with the object ball, either the cueball or the object ball should touch at least a cushion, no more rolling behind a color.
- ball in hand anywhere on the table after a foul.