Post a reply

Re: Turkish Masters

Postby SnookerEd25

Yorkish Delight. Mmmm <ok>

Postby HappyCamper

100k GBP top prize. Best of nines, with best of eleven semis, and best of 17 final. Qualifiers is Barnsley (not sure which one) in September. Contingency to move finals to March if unable to go ahead in September/October dates.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerEd25 wrote:Yorkish Delight. Mmmm <ok>

Milton Keynes Delight

Postby James Bentley

According to Phil Yates (who apparently got the info from Ken Doherty) in commentary just now, the Turkish Masters has been pushed back until later in the season. This means that it won't take place before the Champion of Champions, so David Lilley as World Seniors Champion gets the entry instead.

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:According to Phil Yates (who apparently got the info from Ken Doherty) in commentary just now, the Turkish Masters has been pushed back until later in the season. This means that it won't take place before the Champion of Champions, so David Lilley as World Seniors Champion gets the entry instead.

David Lilley in the CoC?! Good luck to him! Fill yer boots while you have the chance.

Postby Prop

Rescheduled to March. It’s all looking a bit bleak for a while.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Rescheduled to March. It’s all looking a bit bleak for a while.

Worst start to the season ever.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Rescheduled to March. It’s all looking a bit bleak for a while.

Worst start to the season ever.

Yup :-(

Postby Prop

Just looking at things on Snooker.org, and between now and 1st Nov (English Open) there’s just the Northern Ireland Open at the start of October. From English Open onwards until Christmas it’s almost solid weekly snooker.

Seems like it needs spreading a bit more evenly. I know it’s kind of normal in the run up to Christmas, but was it always this lopsided?

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Just looking at things on Snooker.org, and between now and 1st Nov (English Open) there’s just the Northern Ireland Open at the start of October. From English Open onwards until Christmas it’s almost solid weekly snooker.

Seems like it needs spreading a bit more evenly. I know it’s kind of normal in the run up to Christmas, but was it always this lopsided?

Generally, I think there's a bit more this time of year. There's usually some of the Chinese tournaments early on, which can't be done at the moment. The Shanghai Masters in September is the one that misses the most. I think that's why we get bullocks like the Championship League at the moment.

Also, bear in mind, the tournaments that still have qualifiers are often early in the year too. (This year, the Home Nation seem to require qualifying.) So, in some ways, the start to the season always seems a bit slow.

There's no excuse for the British Open's format though. Imagine having to sit round all day, waiting for the snooker final to start at 7pm.

Like you say the first proper snooker final of the season will be the Northern Irish Open in October.

Edit. I forgot that England and Norhtern Ireland had swapped places in the calendar.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 12 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Just looking at things on Snooker.org, and between now and 1st Nov (English Open) there’s just the Northern Ireland Open at the start of October. From English Open onwards until Christmas it’s almost solid weekly snooker.

Generally, I think there's a bit more this time of year. There's usually some of the Chinese tournaments early on, which can't be done at the moment. The Shanghai Masters in September is the one that misses the most. I think that's why we get bullocks like the Championship League at the moment.

Also, bear in mind, the tournaments that still have qualifiers are often early in the year too. (This year, the Home Nation seem to require qualifying.) So, in some ways, the start to the season always seems a bit slow.

There's no excuse for the British Open's format though. Imagine having to sit round all day, waiting for the snooker final to start at 7pm.

Like you say the first proper snooker final of the season will be the English Open in October.

Yeah the sooner the Chinese tournaments are back, the better!

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:On the updated calendar, if this doesn't go ahead there will be a tournament in Barnsley instead

Is that actually happening now then?

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:On the updated calendar, if this doesn't go ahead there will be a tournament in Barnsley instead

Is that actually happening now then?

The Barnsley Masters.

Held in Wigan.