Post a reply

Re: My ideal top 16 in 2015

Postby Roland

Ding was clearly jet lagged in the UK in 2006 and I remember the organizers didn't help him by not delaying his opening match. He was power napping all over the shop through exhaustion. The first time I ever saw him look weak was that 2007 Masters final.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Ding was clearly jet lagged in the UK in 2006 and I remember the organizers didn't help him by not delaying his opening match. He was power napping all over the shop through exhaustion. The first time I ever saw him look weak was that 2007 Masters final.

i think ding is the real deal and coming to fruit now and a far better player than he was in 2006 but no matter how anyone dreses this up losing from 8-2 down was a set back to him and a confidence booster for murphy. but it will show us what he is made of this season if he has a consistent season like last.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Ding was clearly jet lagged in the UK in 2006 and I remember the organizers didn't help him by not delaying his opening match. He was power napping all over the shop through exhaustion. The first time I ever saw him look weak was that 2007 Masters final.

i think ding is the real deal and coming to fruit now and a far better player than he was in 2006 but no matter how anyone dreses this up losing from 8-2 down was a set back to him and a confidence booster for murphy. but it will show us what he is made of this season if he has a consistent season like last.

Obviously he'd have preferred to win from 8-2, that goes without saying, but it's a setback on a minute scale in the grand scheme of things. I doubt he took more than 24 hrs to get over it.

Postby Monique

He certainly was jet lagged and it didn't help at all.

Postby Roland

You would think Hearn in the same situation would give the defending champ a late start given he was committed to the Asian Games by order of the Chinese Government pretty much. I don't think he had a choice in the matter, then he had to play in the UK either the day he got back or the morning after.

Postby Bourne

Bourne wrote:Yep, three at most. I'm rooting for cheesyman to be in with a shout :ahh:

I still believe in you bro :ahh:

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Of the current Top 16 I'd say only Mark King will definitely be out. Ryan Day will probably be around the Top 32.

It's hard to tell what will happen with Hendry. If Higgins is banned then that's it for him. O'Sullivan will be there unless he retires and after his big comeback in the last couple of years I'd say Williams will hang on.

Trump will be in, probably within the next two years. After that it's impossible to tell. Cope could yo-yo and even the likes of Mark Davis could be in for a while. I don't know enough about Luca Brecel to judge. It'd be funny if Reanne Evans got in there.

Postby Wildey

it would be brilliant if trump would make the break through but its well documented by now that kid has a hell of a lot of work to convince me of his pedigree.

Postby Roland

You going on about Judd Trump again wild?

:zzz:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:You going on about Judd Trump again wild?

yes im boring myself now so ill drop it and say i told you so when hes 25 <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:You going on about Judd Trump again wild?

yes im boring myself now so ill drop it and say i told you so when hes 25 <ok>

rofl rofl

wild i believe you will be right

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

This is an interesting thread to read now. The only mentions of Bingham are to do with Selby losing to lesser players like him.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:1 - Judd Trump
2 - Ding Junhui
3 - Ronnie O'Sullivan
4 - Luca Brecel
5 - Liang Wenbo
6 - Mark Allen
7 - Jack Lisowski
8 - Xiao Guodong
9 -Neil Robertson
10 - Michael White
11 - Jamie Cope
12 - Tian Pengfei
13 - Mark Selby
14 - Igor Figuierado
15 - Zhang Anda
16 - Patrick Einsle

Could do better 6/16

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Tubberlad wrote:I reckon in 5 years:

1. Mark Selby
2. Ding Junhui
3. Neil Robertson
4. Shaun Murphy
5. Mark Allen
6. Liang Wenbo
7. Stephen Maguire
8. Ali Carter
9. Jamie Cope
10. Ronnie O'Sullivan
11. John Higgins (pending)
12. Judd Trump
13. Ricky Walden
14. Ryan Day
15. Michael White
16. David Morris (well, would love to see it anyway)

10/16. Either Carter or White would be in the Top 16 if it wasn't for Carter being sick.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Of the current Top 16 there are ten players who were there five years ago. Selby, Robertson, Ding, O'Sullivan, Murphy, Fu, Allen, Higgins, Williams and Maguire.

Of the six players who were Top 16 then and aren't now you have Carter whose drop to 29 is largely down to illness, Hendry who dropped out a year later and retired a year after that, Ryan Day who is still at 20, Dott who had just returned to the Top 16 after a year away and who is still at 18, Liang Wenbo had a massive fall back into the 40's but has got himself back up to 22 and Mark King who is the only one who is no longer in the Top 32 at 36.

The six who weren't then and are now are Bingham who was down at 29 and who would crack the Top 16 just over a year later, Trump whose big breakthrough was less then a year away, Hawkins was at 22 and was two years away, Joe Perry who had just lost his Top 16 place after several years and would take about three years to get back in, Walden had already won a ranking event and looked certain to get in at the start of 2010 but had a terrible run and missed out, Robert Milkins was 36 and the only player from outside the top 32 to be in the top 16 today.

Postby Dan-cat

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Of the current Top 16 there are ten players who were there five years ago. Selby, Robertson, Ding, O'Sullivan, Murphy, Fu, Allen, Higgins, Williams and Maguire.

Of the six players who were Top 16 then and aren't now you have Carter whose drop to 29 is largely down to illness, Hendry who dropped out a year later and retired a year after that, Ryan Day who is still at 20, Dott who had just returned to the Top 16 after a year away and who is still at 18, Liang Wenbo had a massive fall back into the 40's but has got himself back up to 22 and Mark King who is the only one who is no longer in the Top 32 at 36.

The six who weren't then and are now are Bingham who was down at 29 and who would crack the Top 16 just over a year later, Trump whose big breakthrough was less then a year away, Hawkins was at 22 and was two years away, Joe Perry who had just lost his Top 16 place after several years and would take about three years to get back in, Walden had already won a ranking event and looked certain to get in at the start of 2010 but had a terrible run and missed out, Robert Milkins was 36 and the only player from outside the top 32 to be in the top 16 today.

This is fascinating! :) The Milkman has dropped a crate though now