11 - Jamie Cope
12 - Tian Pengfei
13 - Mark Selby
14 - Igor Figuierado
15 - Zhang Anda
16 - Patrick Einsle

Re: My ideal top 16 in 2015

Postby Wildey

jesus christ your optamistic in that in 5 years having never played profesional snooker in his life you got Igor Figuierado in the top 16.

ok you have said your ideal top 16 as apose to what you think but mate you really are flogging a dead horse with that <laugh>

Postby Bourne

Be surprised if more than 3 of those come true, just not how these things work. Most will be players we've never heard of.

Postby Rocket_ron

i have to agree with wild and Bourney that list in 5 years will be hard feat.
robertson and cope would be higher

p.s

wild- saying jesus christ like you would be classed as blasphemy. people like murphy would take offence

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Be surprised if more than 3 of those come true, just not how these things work. Most will be players we've never heard of.

So you reckon players weve never heard of (this would make them very average amateurs at best currently id presume) will suddenly be among the elite players within 5 years and only 3 of these 16 i name will be among the top 16, yet Wild reckons Figuerido has no hope in hell ?? :huh:

It was purely meant as a bit of fun, would be funny to look back at this list in 5 years though, i dont think im too unrealistic to say that if 7 out of the current top 16 are still there in 5 years time then they would be Ronnie, Allen, Robbo, Selby, Ding, Allen and Wenbo.

Postby Tubberlad

I reckon in 5 years:

1. Mark Selby
2. Ding Junhui
3. Neil Robertson
4. Shaun Murphy
5. Mark Allen
6. Liang Wenbo
7. Stephen Maguire
8. Ali Carter
9. Jamie Cope
10. Ronnie O'Sullivan
11. John Higgins (pending)
12. Judd Trump
13. Ricky Walden
14. Ryan Day
15. Michael White
16. David Morris (well, would love to see it anyway)

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Be surprised if more than 3 of those come true, just not how these things work. Most will be players we've never heard of.

So you reckon players weve never heard of (this would make them very average amateurs at best currently id presume) will suddenly be among the elite players within 5 years and only 3 of these 16 i name will be among the top 16, yet Wild reckons Figuerido has no hope in hell ?? :huh:

Yep, three at most. I'm rooting for cheesyman to be in with a shout :ahh:

Postby Witz78

thetubberlad wrote:I reckon in 5 years:

1. Mark Selby - WOULD HAVE TO RAISE HIS CONSISTENCY SIGNIFICANTLY
2. Ding Junhui
3. Neil Robertson
4. Shaun Murphy
5. Mark Allen
6. Liang Wenbo
7. Stephen Maguire HAS ALREADY PEAKED
8. Ali Carter - WILL BE WELL ON THE SLIDE BY THEN
9. Jamie Cope
10. Ronnie O'Sullivan - SHOULD STILL HAVE THE GAME TO REMAIN HIGHER UP THE RANKINGS
11. John Higgins (pending)
12. Judd Trump - SHOULD BE AIMING TO BE FAR HIGHER BY TIME HES 25
13. Ricky Walden - ALREADY AGED 30 AND HAS MISSED THE BOAT LAST SEASON TO ENTER THE ELITE AND KICK ON I FEEL
14. Ryan Day - WILL BE LONG GONE BY THEN
15. Michael White
16. David Morris (well, would love to see it anyway)

Postby Bourne

Gota love how people still have faith for Cope still after all these years, talking about wishing upon a star !

Postby Rocket_ron

Bourne wrote:Gota love how people still have faith for Cope still after all these years, talking about wishing upon a star !

copes better than trump, so yes cope deserves webspace

Postby Wildey

1. Mark Selby - WOULD HAVE TO RAISE HIS CONSISTENCY SIGNIFICANTLY

pot kettle springs to mind witz has trump at no 1 how does his consistency match up to selby :john: :chin:

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:1. Mark Selby - WOULD HAVE TO RAISE HIS CONSISTENCY SIGNIFICANTLY

pot kettle springs to mind witz has trump at no 1 how does his consistency match up to selby :john: :chin:

agreed

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Bourne wrote:Gota love how people still have faith for Cope still after all these years, talking about wishing upon a star !

Copes 5 years older but hes still not made it into the top 16 so hows he better. His careers the ultimate case of failed potential and stalled progress.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

Copes 5 years older but hes still not made it into the top 16 so hows he better. His careers the ultimate case of failed potential and stalled progress.

copes cv will be better than trumps, bookmark me

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:1. Mark Selby - WOULD HAVE TO RAISE HIS CONSISTENCY SIGNIFICANTLY

Trumps only 20, his consistency and improvement will come. By the time 2015 comes round he should have learnt the lessons of the last few years and improved tenfold and finally fulfilled his promises.

Selbys nearly 30 and still hasnt found consistency, so 5 years down the line i can only see a decline from his current status. Many may argue Selbys actually punching above his weight at the moment.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:

Trumps only 20, his consistency and improvement will come. By the time 2015 comes round he should have learnt the lessons of the last few years and improved tenfold and finally fulfilled his promises.

Selbys nearly 30 and still hasnt found consistency, so 5 years down the line i can only see a decline from his current status. Many may argue Selbys actually punching above his weight at the moment.

I'd have his true ranking at around about 6 or 7 in the world myself.

Postby Wildey

personally i do not have a precedence who i want in the top 16....these days thats changed in a season you could have 20+ players in the top 16 all i want is great snooker and interesting dynamics now theres 20 Ranking tournaments in a season and rankings change 3 times a season.

ill be keeping my eye on Trump and if ever i want to be proven wrong it is with this guy.

Luca Brecel excites me for the future and looking forward to see how Jack Lisowski gets on this season.

Liang Wenbo has a point to prove because his form definitely tailed off badly by the end of season and in the WC Ronnie was for the taking but he flopped.

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:copes cv will be better than trumps, bookmark me

Youll be miles off with that prediction Ron.

Cope wont win a full blown ranker ever i reckon. Hes mentally gone when it comes to the battles and already has too many Stevens and White skeletons in his closet to fully recover from.

Wheras Trumps youthful naivity is mainly to blame for his career stalling i feel but with experience he will re-produce the performances many of us know he is capable of (as shown in the Premier League )

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

christmas also comes once a year but sometimes santa disappoints lol

nothing says he will gain consistency thats just people hoping.

Postby Tubberlad

Trump, for me, has proven nothing. He has disappointed, and one ranking semi-final at this stage is not good enough. Selby punching above his weight now? Nah, he's just a very, very good player, he's that O'Sullivan fears. And yes, he DOES fear him.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:Trump, for me, has proven nothing. He has disappointed, and one ranking semi-final at this stage is not good enough. Selby punching above his weight now? Nah, he's just a very, very good player, he's that O'Sullivan fears. And yes, he DOES fear him.

spot on tubbs as always :D <ok>

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:Trump, for me, has proven nothing. He has disappointed, and one ranking semi-final at this stage is not good enough. Selby punching above his weight now? Nah, he's just a very, very good player, he's that O'Sullivan fears. And yes, he DOES fear him.

one ranking semi would have been acceptable if he had backed it up with a few Quarter Finals,Last 16 elsewhere thats all im saying

Postby Bourne

He fears him ... so what ? All very well beating him in the odd QF or whatever, but back it up ?

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:

He fears him ... so what ? All very well beating him in the odd QF or whatever, but back it up ?

hes talking about Selby not Trump. So his back up will no doubt be the Crucible 2010, Wembley 2010 and the Welsh Open 2008.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:

hes talking about Selby not Trump. So his back up will no doubt be the Crucible 2010, Wembley 2010 and the Welsh Open 2008.

I was talking about Selby too. Semis, non-ranking event and one ranking win to show for all his troubles ? Not good enough.

Postby Witz78

Im talking about Selby punching above his weight by winning 2 Masters yet other than his Crucible runners up 3 years ago and QF and SF in last 2 years plus the Welsh Open win nearly 2 and half years ago, he has done little else of note in the rankers. And hes very inconsistent so id say winning arguably the hardest tournament of the lot twice suggests he has punched above his weight. Id also run the wrath of many of yous by suggesting Hunter also punched above his weight by winning the Masters 3 times when you compare this to his ranking tournament record.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:intercourse me

no thanks i got tastes and must have a fanny <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:I was talking about Selby too. Semis, non-ranking event and one ranking win to show for all his troubles ? Not good enough.

ah right, Yes i agree with you to be honest as youll see from my direct response to Tubbers post.