Post a reply

Re: next season's calendar

Postby HappyCamper

Juddernaut88 wrote:Championship league being a ranking event is a joke. I'd also prefered there to have been a 6 reds championship instead of a shoot out and championship league. Although I think the 6 reds championship is usually in China but they could have it in England for this year.

6 reds in thailand usually.

Postby D4P

I wonder if they'll be able to increase the prize money / ranking points for the Home Nations events, to make up for the fact that the lucrative Chinese events won't be played...

Postby Cloud Strife

D4P wrote:I wonder if they'll be able to increase the prize money / ranking points for the Home Nations events, to make up for the fact that the lucrative Chinese events won't be played...

I'm sure they could.

Postby SnookerEd25

Bring back the Hofmeister World Doubles

& make it a ranker...

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerEd25 wrote:Bring back the Hofmeister World Doubles

& make it a ranker...

Who would be some of your pairings?

Postby SnookerEd25

I’d rather like Ding & King

White & White

Dale & Swail

And, of course, Reanne Evans & Mark Allen - can’t beat a good domestic

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerEd25 wrote:I’d rather like Ding & King

White & White

Dale & Swail

Davis&Davis vs Davis&Davis

Postby ROS147

The calendar looks good. To be honest I’m not going to miss the Chinese events, mainly because of the times they were aired at. One of the biggest downsides of viewing overseas matches from the UK.

Postby SnookerFan

White & White

Dale & Swail

Mark Allen would be with Mark Joyce.

Postby csprince

murphy and maguire
allen and yupeng
selt and figueiredo
higgins and the taxi driver
trump and k wilson
o'sullivan and bingtao/carter
desislava and seema
selby and ebdon

Postby chengdufan

ROS147 wrote:The calendar looks good. To be honest I’m not going to miss the Chinese events, mainly because of the times they were aired at. One of the biggest downsides of viewing overseas matches from the UK.

Would have made a lot more sense to get all the players over to China a few months ago and have endless tournaments here.
The matches are mostly middle of the night here, which is a bit silly considering this is where the vast majority of snooker watching fans live.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

White & White

Dale & Swail

Mark Allen would be with Mark Joyce.

No, Mark Joyce would partner his mum in a classic grudge-pairing <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

I'd also rather have seen a Riga Masters and Paul Hunter Classic instead of the shoot out and championship league? we had 2 championship leagues already in 2020, having a 3rd is just getting annoying and boring. Making it a ranking event is just stupid.

Postby The_Abbott

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'd also rather have seen a Riga Masters and Paul Hunter Classic instead of the shoot out and championship league? we had 2 championship leagues already in 2020, having a 3rd is just getting annoying and boring. Making it a ranking event is just stupid.

They still may have these in 2021. I think they don't want any travelling abroad whilst there is a chance of a 2nd wave. The German masters qualifiers in December is a good sign they will have some European events in early 2021

Postby Juddernaut88

The_Abbott wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I'd also rather have seen a Riga Masters and Paul Hunter Classic instead of the shoot out and championship league? we had 2 championship leagues already in 2020, having a 3rd is just getting annoying and boring. Making it a ranking event is just stupid.

They still may have these in 2021. I think they don't want any travelling abroad whilst there is a chance of a 2nd wave. The German masters qualifiers in December is a good sign they will have some European events in early 2021

:goodpost:

Postby Alex0paul

I’m excited for next season now. Just a shame we don’t have a couple more proper events even like the Riga Masters

Postby SnookerFan

:goodpost:

Postby PLtheRef

csprince wrote:
Iranu wrote:They’ll have to change the CL format because at the moment you get more money if you don’t win the group and keep entering the next ones, right? Not sure how that works with money ranking points.

i think it will be more like the recent edition but they will have to give different money/points for the different group positions.

This.

At a guess it'll be 32 groups in the First Round, 8 in the second round with two Semi-Final groups (with the top two making the last group) unless they have a direct final.

Postby Alex0paul

It’ll be like CoC “Groups” surely?

Postby PLtheRef

Alex0paul wrote:It’ll be like CoC “Groups” surely?

Do they need Three weeks to play that kind of comp? If it was a Knock-out groups stage

Postby badtemperedcyril

I'd like to see a Masters event on the scale of the Mita World Masters in 1991, which comprised different formats: Men’s & Ladies Singles, Mens & Ladies Doubles; Mixed Doubles; Juniors, Over 50’s. Play it in a large NEC type venue, compatible with a multi table set up.

Postby SnookerFan

It's time to bring back The Bahrain Championship.

Due to current travel restrictions, it will be held in Barnsley.