Post a reply

Re: Mark Allen pulls out of the CoC

Postby SnookerFan

All the people that moan when Ronnie pulls out of a tournament as defending champion, will surely do the same not that Mark Allen has pulled out as defending champion.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:All the people that moan when Ronnie pulls out of a tournament as defending champion, will surely do the same not that Mark Allen has pulled out as defending champion.

How often does this happen?

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Come on, Ding!

I’d love him to win the CoC but I’d prefer he win the English if I had to choose.

CoC a much bigger tournament but those raaaaaaaanking poiiiiints!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Come on, Ding!

I’d love him to win the CoC but I’d prefer he win the English if I had to choose.

CoC a much bigger tournament but those raaaaaaaanking poiiiiints!

Agreed.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:All the people that moan when Ronnie pulls out of a tournament as defending champion, will surely do the same not that Mark Allen has pulled out as defending champion.

Well, about twice. rofl

But we didn't hear the end of it that the tournament was devalued without the defending champion.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Well, about twice. rofl

But we didn't hear the end of it that the tournament was devalued without the defending champion.

Well I think Ronnie pulling out and Allen pulling out are different propositions but I do see what you mean. At the Mastsers it didn’t help that Carter got to the final which kept the conversation going.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:https://twitter.com/ChampOfChamps/status/1456290214633218050

Ding Junhui invited to enter.

They should have left it open with so many numpties still contesting the English Open :hmmm:

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:https://twitter.com/ChampOfChamps/status/1456290214633218050

Ding Junhui invited to enter.

They should have left it open with so many numpties still contesting the English Open :hmmm:

The winner of the English open will qualify. Think Bingham is next in line unless there is a surprise winner in MK.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
GeF wrote:Did Ronnie pull out his retirement?

Is that a euphemism?

I resisted the urge to make a joke. I didn't want this thread to be put in The Junkyard.

Postby TheSaviour

Neil Robertson is back of being a top, top dog. The best there just is. Regardless what has now happened, that´s just the truth. His "style" is just so rampant; he can fall back, trail a frame of a two, yet it counts nothing, as he always bounces back with his basically rampant break-building and long efforts! During the Worlds 2022 Neil is a bigger fac than Judd Trump or Mark Selby, realistically so, no matter what the odds will be saying.

Kyren also now is back to his top, top form. He hardly never looks like a missing anything during a break. A top, top precision. He now can even pot an akward risky efforts, not so top sure even while it is a sitter but will take a slight risk with a pot in order to gain the top, top position. He´s really, really good and even great now.

Ronnie can´t compete against Robbo. Judd perhaps now could if Neil would self-destruck. Judd has the magically good physique with suits now also but that´s hardly going to make the difference if Neil just will be keep on playing like now he has during English Open!

Kyren has a nice gestures also. He doesn´t play any tricks. Great looks, only if he would learn how to shave really properly.. That´s how it currently just is; hardly a flaw anymore. He looks calm, doesn´t pretend anything fool. That will help him out.

Robbo has even more stubborness than John Higgins or Anthony McGill (or David Gilbert) are having. It probably takes to be an Aussie to not to BE ANY AFRAID while trainling a frame or a two against a top players!

Neil "was away" for a quick while but he has had many those being aways before, and on each time he has come back stronger and better than ever. And he hasn´t let us ANY down now either!

Neil for eva! Ye ye ye, I know; a many others also a very much capable to be like that also. I know every trick, shot, cannon and split from the book, but I do not fancy to take apart Neil´s snooker and game. It just do the talking on it´s on. Pay the ticket, and go and watch those breaks when it really matters. An undersog-style, a heavyli so like I pointed out, and it probably takes an Aussie to be like that. A many many others also on the cards to be like that, but do not belive that rubbish. A many, many other Kyren´s also out there, yet what basically each time happens? Second to only to Ronnie O´Sullivan is the correct answer, not to look like missing any during a great, great break!

But Neil to take the it to the other level! Interesting if Judd compete with that..

Postby SnookerFan

GeF wrote:Did Ronnie pull out his retirement?

How dare you suggest that the man who first retired at 17 years old would be anything less than truthful about his retirement promises?

Postby SnookerEd25

Should be ‘Never a Frown’

Missed a trick there.

Does every player have to have a nickname now? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Should be ‘Never a Frown’

Missed a trick there.

Does every player have to have a nickname now? :chin:

Pretty much.

It gets on my nerves a bit. It just feels engineered. Like they sit round trying to decide on a nickname for a player for the MC to shout when they walk out. A lot of the nicknames don't feel natural now.