Post a reply

Haining Open (Asian Tour) !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 19th~Friday 23rd of October at the Haining Sports Center, Haining, China

The Asian Tour has suffered a major set back tis season with events being canceled but its going ahead in Haining as a Warm up for the International Championship.

Only 50 main tour players will be taking part headed by Ding Junhui, Ricky Walden and John Higgins.

Rouzi Maimaiti and Ju Reti who are technically professionals but only play in Asian Tour events will be playing with a whole host of the best Amateur players china has to offer.

Who will take the spoils ahead of the Biggest Event of the season so far in Daqing the week after?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

STREAMING

Re: Haining Open (Asian Tour) !!!

Postby Wildey

Order of Play http://snooker.org/res/index.asp?tzm=1& ... emplate=45

and note the Winner and Runner up in this event will be awarded a place at the Players Tour Finals this season in addition best performances in this event will earn 2 players Main Tour cards for 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 season,

so all to play for with 99 amateur players taking on 50 Tour Professionals

Postby PoolBoy

I see that women's World Champion, Ng On Yee (Hong Kong), played for a place in the 128 draw. Unfortunately, she lost 4-3.

I hadn't realised that there were 2-year tour cards available for this - I guess as it's the only Asian Tour event this season. That certainly adds a new dynamic to what would otherwise be a largely overlooked tournament.
It's effectively a Q-School event - held in China. I'll take a keen interest in following the scores this week.

Postby PoolBoy

With only 50 professionals entering, there was always going to be quite a number of amateurs making the last 64 - but there are an impressive 27 left at this stage.

Postby kolompar

So only one Asian Tour event this year, at least its prize money is £70000 instead of the usual 50000 so it's more like 1.4 Asian Tour event :-D
PoolBoy wrote:With only 50 professionals entering, there was always going to be quite a number of amateurs making the last 64 - but there are an impressive 27 left at this stage.

Yan Bingtao and Zhao Xintong both lost though.

But Lü Haotian, who's just dropped off the tour, is through beating Mike Dunn. He's still only 17, would be good to see him get a tour card here.

Postby Gridlock

Thep took care of Wattana in short order. Hope he makes it to the semi's at the very least!

Postby PoolBoy

Can't believe Lyu Haotian is still only 17! He won again today, to reach the round-of-32 where he'll play a fellow Chinese 'amateur'. Tough schedule tomorrow with the round-of-32 followed by the last-16 AND then the quarter-finals!
The semis and the final are on Friday.

Still 7 amateurs alive at this stage. (6 Chinese plus Ireland's ex-pro, Leo Fernandez)

Country breakdown:
China 13
England 11
Scotland 2
Thailand 2
Wales 1
Ireland 1
Norway 1
Hong Kong 1

Postby PoolBoy

Due to the time difference, play started at 4am this morning UK time - so we're already down to the last-16.

Ding Junhui (China) v Mark King (England)
Liang Wenbo (China) v Zhang Anda (China)
Xiao Guodong (China) v Jimmy Robertson (England)
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh (Thailand) v Marco Fu (Hong Kong)
John Higgins (Scotland) v Ben Woollaston (England)
Dominic Dale (Wales) v Robert Milkins (England)
Tian Pengfei (China) v Leo Fernandez (Ireland) (amateur)
Lyu Haotian (China) (amateur) v Ricky Walden (England)

Postby PoolBoy

Speculation here from me and certainly not confirmed - but, does this mean that Leo Fernandez and Lyu Haotian have booked returns to the pro-circuit for the next two-years (starting from next season)?
Certainly, if there are no more Asian PTCs - and none are currently scheduled, then, as the best two performing non-professionals in this tournament, they will both be back!
Haotian would be 18 on his return, while Fernandez would add to the 40-somethings!

Perhaps 'Wildey' or other will clarify later on.

Postby PoolBoy

Ding Junhui (China) 4-1 Mark King (England)
Liang Wenbo (China) 3-4 Zhang Anda (China)
Xiao Guodong (China) 1-4 Jimmy Robertson (England)
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh (Thailand) 4-3 Marco Fu (Hong Kong)
John Higgins (Scotland) 3-4 Ben Woollaston (England)
Dominic Dale (Wales) 3-4 Robert Milkins (England)
Tian Pengfei (China) 3-4 Leo Fernandez (Ireland) (amateur)
Lyu Haotian (China) (amateur) 1-4 Ricky Walden (England)

Postby PoolBoy

Quarter-finals:
Ding Junhui v Zhang Anda
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Jimmy Robertson
Ben Woollaston v Robert Milkins
Ricky Walden v Leo Fernandez

Postby fridge46

PoolBoy wrote:Speculation here from me and certainly not confirmed - but, does this mean that Leo Fernandez and Lyu Haotian have booked returns to the pro-circuit for the next two-years (starting from next season)?
Certainly, if there are no more Asian PTCs - and none are currently scheduled, then, as the best two performing non-professionals in this tournament, they will both be back!
Haotian would be 18 on his return, while Fernandez would add to the 40-somethings!

Perhaps 'Wildey' or other will clarify later on.

From what I understand, it is the best two players (pro or non-pro) who do not finish in the Top 64 on the money rankings at the year.

At the moment, that gives the spots to Fernandez and Anda Zhang - the other 6 quarter finalists are surely going to be Top 64.

Postby Gridlock

Gridlock wrote:Thep took care of Wattana in short order. Hope he makes it to the semi's at the very least!

Made it to the quarter's anyhow!

Postby PoolBoy

Ding Junhui 4-3 Zhang Anda
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 3-4 Jimmy Robertson
Ben Woollaston 2-4 Robert Milkins
Ricky Walden 4-1 Leo Fernandez

Semi-finals:
Ding Junhui v Jimmy Robertson
Robert Milkins v Ricky Walden

Postby PoolBoy

Ding Junhui 4-3 Ricky Walden

Ding came from 1-3 to win! Great to see him with silverware again. Also moves back ahead of Neil Robertson in the World Rankings, up to no.3.
Also a good week for Walden, who's obviously in good form ahead of his defence of the International Championship.

Postby Wildey

Not been around much for this event been away for a few days but the excalant team at Snooker.org has it all covered with Draws http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=406#r7 and http://www.snooker.org/res/bracket.asp?event=406 and all the results as they come in http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?te ... &event=406 not to mention New this season up to date order of play.

Postby Andre147

Playing much better is Ding, not only this tournament of course, but this whole season.

Let's hope he can win a ranking event soon again, ideally this IC. Seems like ages since him and Robbo won one.

Postby TheSaviour

Well, great that Ding won! He is certainly a solid player, so I reckon he deserves some titles.

Surprise, surprise, no 147s here. Has there been any during this season? Can´t remember there has. I wouldn´t be surprised if there won´t be any during the whole season. Those always requires some momentum. Some momentum, yes. Without that it doesn´t work, no matter how good the players are or how many matches there are to try that.

I like to make predictions like those. Even if you can never prove anything on a day, whether you are right wrong, but on a long run a correct predictions does cut off any unnecessary deluded thinking. There is no access any more in to that. Which I am always glad when that happens. Yes, you can be crazy and deluded in a normal way, but any unnecessary delusions and craziness is just an utmost rubbish.