Post a reply

World Snooker Championships to remain in Sheffield

Postby PLtheRef

TWITTER ATTACK!

BBC Snooker @BBCSnooker

World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn announces the World Championship will stay in Sheffield for the next 10 years

Re: World Snooker Championships to remain in Sheffield

Postby GJ

PLtheRef wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

BBC Snooker @BBCSnooker

World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn announces the World Championship will stay in Sheffield for the next 10 years

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Now the icing on the cake would be if dennis doesn't have his contarct renewed

<cool>

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Not a good decision in my eyes. I probably belong to the minority anyway with that opinion but the World Championship is not the property of Sheffield or the Crucible theatre.

We need a change at some point.

You know, I've argued many a time that the tournament should stay in Sheffield. But I am beginning to suffer a bit from Sheffield fatigue. Somehow, something has missed for me the past couple of years.

I dunno. The atmosphere, that is the best I have ever experienced for anything, hasn't been there.

I can't put my finger on why, but the excitement just doesn't seem to exist around the venue hasn't been there somehow.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Not a good decision in my eyes. I probably belong to the minority anyway with that opinion but the World Championship is not the property of Sheffield or the Crucible theatre.

You know, I've argued many a time that the tournament should stay in Sheffield. But I am beginning to suffer a bit from Sheffield fatigue. Somehow, something has missed for me the past couple of years.

I dunno. The atmosphere, that is the best I have ever experienced for anything, hasn't been there.

I can't put my finger on why, but the excitement just doesn't seem to exist around the venue hasn't been there somehow.

Dunno. Can't judge that as someone who has never been there.

My point is that I just don't agree with those people who keep saying that there's no better place to play Snooker or to stage the World Championship and so on. I mean, that's just too simple. Especially when you haven't even seen the alternative option.

I really like the Crucible but some people making it a bigger thing than it is. Acting like there shouldn't be a even a debate about it and making fun of people who think otherwise.

If you ask me, I think the World Championship should take place in a different country every year. Don't mind if it's China or Germany at first because Snooker already gained a good foothold there.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

My point is that I just don't agree with those people who keep saying that there's no better place to play Snooker or to stage the World Championship and so on. I mean, that's just too simple. Especially when you haven't even seen the alternative option.

I really like the Crucible but some people making it a bigger thing than it is. Acting like there shouldn't be a even a debate about it and making fun of people who think otherwise.

If you ask me, I think the World Championship should take place in a different country every year. Don't mind if it's China or Germany at first because Snooker already gained a good foothold there.

People who want it moved rarely have.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

People who want it moved rarely have.