Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final: Ding Junhui v Mark Sel

Postby Cloud Strife

Muppet147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Overall, I reckon it's been a marmite tournament, won by a marmite person.

I will be back for the new season (Ronnie's next tournament). Until then I'm gone and disappeared.

Good post.

Selby's own brand of snooker is horrible to watch. But he doesn't care. Unlike entertainers like Ronnie O'Sullivan, he is quite happy if a frame drags on for over an hour.

Unlike you though, I quite enjoyed the tournament as a whole. There were some great matches and had Ding won, it would have been a great story. Too bad though, that a boring turd won it instead.

This is why I will never regard Selby as a great ambassador for the sport. He's too selfish for that. It's a win at costs mentality with him and he doesn't care what brand of snooker he employs to get that win.

He is quite happy to bore his opponent and the crowd into submission if it gives him a greater chance of winning. Retards like Wild don't get this.

Whereas with someone like Ronnie, he is very mindful of the audience and the need to entertain and give something back.

Anyway, it's a pointless debate and we all have our opinions on it. Happy off-season everyone.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Im Sorry But some Ronnie fans on this forum are the pits they dont like I am some hammers but being Selby Haters should be accepted its a load of bullocks and i for one is fed up with it.

Ive Never EVER Hated Ronnie i love to watch him play but my God some Ronnie Fans make it so bucking easy to Hate them

Pure bullocks, as usual. :wave:

you have cornered the market on bullocks :clap:

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Overall, I reckon it's been a marmite tournament, won by a marmite person.

I will be back for the new season (Ronnie's next tournament). Until then I'm gone and disappeared.

Good post.

Selby's own brand of snooker is horrible to watch. But he doesn't care. Unlike entertainers like Ronnie O'Sullivan, he is quite happy if a frame drags on for over an hour.

Unlike you though, I quite enjoyed the tournament as a whole. There were some great matches and had Ding won, it would have been a great story. Too bad though, that a boring turd won it instead.

This is why I will never regard Selby as a great ambassador for the sport. He's too selfish for that. It's a win at costs mentality with him and he doesn't care what brand of snooker he employs to get that win.

He is quite happy to bore his opponent and the crowd into submission if it gives him a greater chance of winning. Retards like Wild don't get this.

Whereas with someone like Ronnie, he is very mindful of the audience and the need to entertain and give something back.

Anyway, it's a pointless debate and we all have our opinions on it. Happy off-season everyone.

i love the fact you hate him and it gives me great pleasure watching you get shirty great entertainment. Selby on the other hand couldn't give a buck.

Postby hendry_fan

A belated verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry well done to Mark on becoming the snooker world champion 2016 and in becomin it for the 2nd time.

I unfortunatley did,nt see the whole of the last session,but i,ll catch up with it on youtube over the next few days.

He did,nt half step up when it really counted,finished off the match in style.

It won,t be much of a consolation,but congrats to Ding on gettin as far as the final.

He really lost it already after the first session,losing the first 6 frames was a maaaaassive body blow,he recovered extremly well and managed to reduce the deficit to only 1 at one point,only to have to take another good few blows which lead to a 14-18 loss in the end.

Oh,i amost forgot,he did,nt manage to beat Hendrys century record. :happy:

Before the final,i was very nervous that he would either equal or beat it,as he was on 12,but luckily he <only> managed to knock in 3 more,funnily enough,all of them being exactly *103*.

His crackin barrage of centurys now puts him in second place on the all time list.

http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Centur ... r/Crucible

1)Hendry=16
2)Ding=15
3)Higgins=14.

:win: :clap: MARK SELBY!. :clap: :win:

Postby gallantrabbit

I really can't get bored watching Selby. Love the way he plays and thinks. I really don't understand anyonewatching any sport who thinks all teams/players should play exactly the same way. Makes no sense at all. If everyone tried all out attack there'd only ever be 3/4 players who could win. It's all about winning and whatever method you find successful you have to use.

Postby Holden Chinaski

PoolBoy wrote:Had a good long think about this, but I've now compiled my Top-10; all-time:

Stephen Hendry
Steve Davis
Ronnie O'Sullivan
John Higgins
Mark Williams
Mark Selby
Ray Reardon
Neil Robertson
Ding Junhui
Cliff Thorburn

Looks good, but you need Alex Higgins in there. i would choose Alex over Thorburn.

Postby Andy Spark

hendry_fan wrote:A

Before the final,i was very nervous that he would either equal or beat it,as he was on 12,but luckily he <only> managed to knock in 3 more,funnily enough,all of them being exactly *103*.

His crackin barrage of centurys now puts him in second place on the all time list.

1)Hendry=16
2)Ding=15
3)Higgins=14.

I hate to break it to people (no pun intended) but getting the record number of centuries in a tournament is a product of bad play as much as good play. Take, for example, a 10-0 win. There you only have 10 frames to make your centuries, but in a 10-9 win you now have 19 frames to make them, and thus the more frames you lose the more chance you have to make a lot of centuries. This is not my opinion so much as mathematical fact!

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:A

1)Hendry=16
2)Ding=15
3)Higgins=14.

I hate to break it to people (no pun intended) but getting the record number of centuries in a tournament is a product of bad play as much as good play. Take, for example, a 10-0 win. There you only have 10 frames to make your centuries, but in a 10-9 win you now have 19 frames to make them, and thus the more frames you lose the more chance you have to make a lot of centuries. This is not my opinion so much as mathematical fact!

Hate to break it to you but you cant make a century and lose the frame so theres the same number of frames to make a century in a 10-0 and a 10-9 and most probably in a 10-0 the opponent playing so rubbish that he misses sitters and let you have more chances per frame to do them.

Postby PoolBoy

Muppet147 wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:Had a good long think about this, but I've now compiled my Top-10; all-time:

Stephen Hendry
Steve Davis
Ronnie O'Sullivan
John Higgins
Mark Williams
Mark Selby
Ray Reardon
Neil Robertson
Ding Junhui
Cliff Thorburn

Ding over Jimmy White???

Granted, neither have been World Champions, but both have won the Masters. However, Ding has won the UK more than White and also has won more ranking events than Jimmy.
Fair enough. maybe not a 'better' player than the Whirlwind, but more successful.
A bit like the Ronnie v Hendry 'debate'! I certainly recognise O'Sullivan is the more talented of the two, but Hendry is the better player.

Postby kolompar

Couldn't watch the end but Ding never looked like winning it. Well done to Selby, especially for saving us from Bingham becoming world number 1. Bingham's reign is over, everything can go back to normal now. :D

Also funny how the century records weren't broken even with these buckets. Apart from in the qualifiers, by far the most centuries ever.

Postby vodkadiet

Selby was lucky. He had opponents who were abject. I would guess he wouldn't have beaten O'Sullivan in a semi final. Or Higgins in the final. He is a 2 time champion but he is unlikely to win again. Hendry will not be sweating that his record is under threat from this midlander.

Postby Andre147

Holden was right earlier. All players have idiot fans, that's a fact. Granted, and I don't deny it, Ronnie has more than most simply because he has way more fans all around the world, but it doesn't mean all of them don't appreciate Snooker as a whole and go bashing on every other player.

There are also those type of Selby fans that are so deluded that think if you are a Ronnie fan, you're not a true fan of Snooker and you should enjoy Selby's game to fully be a Snooker fan. That's utter bullocks.

By that token, Hendry, White, Davis, Higgins and so on arent true fans of Snooker because they always say Ronnie is their favourite player to watch.

As I said, idiots exist all around, but it's this silly stereotype that gets on my nerves at times.

I appreciate Selby's great game more than most, he's just granite, never gives in, and has one of the greates tactical brains in snooker I've seen. If you don't see that as a compliment, then nothing will do.

Postby Clara8633

vodkadiet wrote:Selby was lucky. He had opponents who were abject. I would guess he wouldn't have beaten O'Sullivan in a semi final. Or Higgins in the final. He is a 2 time champion but he is unlikely to win again. Hendry will not be sweating that his record is under threat from this midlander.

It might sound a bit silly, but I think he might have a chance to win again if the standard these days doesn't improve. He wouldn't play this badly again in the future.

Postby vodkadiet

Clara8633 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Selby was lucky. He had opponents who were abject. I would guess he wouldn't have beaten O'Sullivan in a semi final. Or Higgins in the final. He is a 2 time champion but he is unlikely to win again. Hendry will not be sweating that his record is under threat from this midlander.

It might sound a bit silly, but I think he might have a chance to win again if the standard these days doesn't improve. He wouldn't play this badly again in the future.

Clara; I like that you're a Selby fan, that shows intellect. However you are in a minority.
Ding must be distraught today. I am no fan if Ding but no player should have that must pressure on them. I think that was his only chance of winning the title.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Holden was right earlier. All players have idiot fans, that's a fact. Granted, and I don't deny it, Ronnie has more than most simply because he has way more fans all around the world, but it doesn't mean all of them don't appreciate Snooker as a whole and go bashing on every other player.

There are also those type of Selby fans that are so deluded that think if you are a Ronnie fan, you're not a true fan of Snooker and you should enjoy Selby's game to fully be a Snooker fan. That's utter bullocks.

By that token, Hendry, White, Davis, Higgins and so on arent true fans of Snooker because they always say Ronnie is their favourite player to watch.

As I said, idiots exist all around, but it's this silly stereotype that gets on my nerves at times.

I appreciate Selby's great game more than most, he's just granite, never gives in, and has one of the greates tactical brains in snooker I've seen. If you don't see that as a compliment, then nothing will do.

The bullocks comes from the fact Selby doesent get the respect he deserves and when great champions doesent get respect then others start to talk bullocks to counter the argument.

Many People does not like Selby but respect is different.

i did not like Steve Davis but that was out of respect for the guy and how good he was but i never thought the tripe ive seen written this weekend.

its shameful to this great game to be honest and yes some (notice i said some) arent snooker fans if they think and say whats been said sorry andre but its that simple they just cant be....sorry but sometime truth hurts.

Postby Wildey

Clara8633 wrote:

people said he was unlikely to win full stop now hes won twice in 3 years. i know he will win it again.

Postby Jester82

Wildey wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

people said he was unlikely to win full stop now hes won twice in 3 years. i know he will win it again.

Let's hope for the best...I watched some scenes from the 2010 Masters again. Delightful honestly...RO'S played really really well, but Mark did a fine job coming back from 9-6. I got snake hissed so badly that night, the hell I was dead the next morning but couldn't wipe my smile off my face...just like very good coitus.

Postby Iranu

Clara8633 wrote:

I think he'll win it again.

I think he'll win his 3rd before Robertson wins his 2nd.

Postby Clara8633

Iranu wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

I think he'll win it again.

I think he'll win his 3rd before Robertson wins his 2nd.

GJ would love that to happen <laugh>