Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship S F 2 : Marco Fu v Mark Selby

Postby pasunegirafe

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:I Just love watching Selby play

I hate it when Ronnie plays rubbish. I prefer to see him lose playing good snooker than win playing his C game. To each his own.

And look where Ronnie is now... not at the Crucible.
If he had played rubbish and still won, at least he would have another chance at the title. New day, new chance, he probably would have upped his game. But no, you would rather he lose playing well than give himself another chance by winning ugly. I just don't understand this view.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

I hate it when Ronnie plays rubbish. I prefer to see him lose playing good snooker than win playing his C game. To each his own.

Yeah me too, unless it's a match of high importantce, that way I don't realy mind how he plays, but yes 90% of the time I prefer him playing good snooker to win a match.

This surprises me. I prefer to see Ronnie win playing badly because it often means he's in the right frame of mind to apply himself.

There's time to play well in the next round, but only if you're in it.

I really don't care that much about wins and titles. I just love to see top snooker.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:

i felt that way when Hendry Played but with Mark hes such a clever thinker i love watching the cogs turning when he isn't flowing.

Postby GJ

boris_the_butcher wrote:Fu's history is when he starts badly, he continues to play badly. You tickle his belly and he rolls over like a puppy.

Yes like his previous world semi against ebdon rofl <laugh>

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Mark's Potting is very sharp tonight by miles the best of the tournament so far but hes struggling with the pace of the table.

Even Ding though he made four centuries didn't always have the cueball under his usual near-perfect control.

Probably just because of the new table, the positional will come you'd think.

Postby Skullman

boris_the_butcher wrote:Fu's history is when he starts badly, he continues to play badly. You tickle his belly and he rolls over like a puppy.

Fu's history also means he shouldn't have got past the second round like the last ten years.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:For god's sake. This is a joke.

Hendry should come out of retirement. Can still win number eight.

So, you are saying that an out of practice retired player could win a title that Ronnie got knocked out of in the second round?

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:For god's sake. This is a joke.

Hendry should come out of retirement. Can still win number eight.

So, you are saying that an out of practice retired player could win a title that Ronnie got knocked out of in the second round?

If he can avoid in form players like Ronnie and Hawk, like Selby is doing, he might.