Post a reply

Betfred World Championship S F 2 : Marco Fu v Mark Selby

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Session 1 Thursday 28th of April @ 7pm
Session 2 Friday 29th of April @ 2.30pm
Session 3 Saturday 30th of April @ 10am
Session 4 Saturday 30th of April @ 7pm

Marco Fu v Mark Selby

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Selby Leads 11-4
Main TournamentsSelby leads 4-2
World ChampionshipNever Played Before
Multi Session Matches Selby leads 1-0

Mark Selby is the only former Champion still in and he will play Hong Kong's Marco Fu over 3 days to reach another World Final but can he overcome Marco Fu?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship S F 2 : Marco Fu v Mark Selby

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:I too want an all Asian Final, but Selby, after beng poor in the previous rounds, might suddenly play great. I somehow suspect he will.

Although it was 10 years ago Marco has been to 1 table as well and that clearance is bound to boost his confidence.

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I too want an all Asian Final, but Selby, after beng poor in the previous rounds, might suddenly play great. I somehow suspect he will.

Although it was 10 years ago Marco has been to 1 table as well and that clearance is bound to boost his confidence.

Took a world class clearance to stop him making the final too

Postby Clara8633

pasunegirafe wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Even if Selby somehow goes 9-1 behind against Fu, I'll keep my hopes up.

Clara! :D How's the studying going?

It's going fine, will have my first exam in twenty days and I'm well prepared for it :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Clara8633 wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Even if Selby somehow goes 9-1 behind against Fu, I'll keep my hopes up.

It's going fine, will have my first exam in twenty days and I'm well prepared for it :-)

No study. More snooker.

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:

No study. More snooker.

Oh well, you can't have everything in life.

Postby hendry_fan

Like many matches,it,s a tough one to call.

Fu can be a bit like Selby sometimes,and no,i don,t mean in terms of playin style :-D ,often when he plays very good,he can then suddenly plunge to rock bottom the very next match,it,s like the pair o them can fall from 4,th,5th gear,to 2nd,1st.

I have to say,that i,ve have,nt seen much of Selbs at all in this tourney,but what i did see,he was poor,he was anything but a world nr 1 like.

Fu played brilliant against the Ebdonator,played good against Ants,played very good at the first part of the match against Hawkins,but he then suddenly did one of his specials and plunged deeply,thank god he had such a massive lead at the start,so he could afford to have a plunge.

If i had to predict a winner,i,ll go for Selby,as i have a feeling that Mark will play well in this match and Fu will go down a gear,i would,nt even bet a fiver on it though. <laugh>

I won,t be able to see they,re first session tonight as i,m off to play some snooker with that guy i wrote about,the .......... who always gets countless flukes,the last time we played,i won on a respotted black,5-3. :happy:

Had to edit this post as i initially called that guy i,m playing tonight a cockwomble.

He,s actually a freind,well more like a snooker freind,but still.I just looked up what the word actually meant,pretty heavy it has to be said,so thats why i deleted it,i don,t think he,d be chuffed if he heard,found out that i called him a cockwomble. :chin:

I,ve known a good few in my life,i guess we all have and still do,but this guy aint one,he,s in fact a really nice chap,he,s just a lucky basket on the snooker table sometimes. <laugh>

Postby 151kbar151

Anybody know Selby's personal reasons which forced him to WD from Grand Prix and China Open? Wasn't he simply preparing for WCH and having some rest from competitive snooker? Seems like, cuz he was struggling this season and now he looks better.

Postby SnookerFan

boris_the_butcher wrote:
snookerlover wrote:So my two favourite players meet in the SF of the world. I think I'll slightly back Fu as Selby already has a worlds and I'd like to see an all-asian WC final.

your two favourite players? You must be fun at a party.

I'd have a beer with him. <ok>

Postby pasunegirafe

151kbar151 wrote:Anybody know Selby's personal reasons which forced him to WD from Grand Prix and China Open? Wasn't he simply preparing for WCH and having some rest from competitive snooker? Seems like, cuz he was struggling this season and now he looks better.

Selby didn't explicitly state that those were the reasons but he did mention not wanting to come to the tournament too fatigued. Thorne also said that Selby felt a bit burnt out.
So yeah, it's likely he pulled out of the last two tournaments because he wanted to be fresh for the WC.

Postby barrydoherty54

Usually Selby would be able to drain the life out of his opponent in a 4 session marathon but that may struggle to have an impact with FU.

Selby will keep it tight and wins for me. 17-13