Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship S F 1:Alan McManus v Ding Jun

Postby Andy Spark

Snookerfan wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:The refs need more specific guidance, there needs to be a specific set of time limits for a single shot, maybe four minutes. Then if you go over four minutes a friendly warning, if you go over five minutes a formal warning. and over six minutes you forfeit the frame.

Hi, there doesn't.

You think four minutes 42 seconds is fine for a shot? The refs want to be sure they'll be backed up if they warn the player and if there are actual times given as general guidance by WPBSA then they'll be more confident to give a warning.
Last edited by Andy Spark on 30 Apr 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Postby GJ

John Skilbeck ‏@JohnSkilbeckPA · 11m11 minutes ago

I’m told John Virgo has been spoken to about today's unfortunate on-air F-bomb but will continue to commentate at the World Championship

Yet No mention taylor insulting the man with a zimmerframe , taylor really is untouchable

Postby hendry_fan

Dings misses and gettin away with it and not leavein anything on or anything easy,it reminds me of that match i had on thursday,it really can bug you,if you,re opponent keeps gettin away with it,but Alans a pro,so he should be able to handle it.

Postby snucar

Cheshire Cat wrote:Thankfully ES player has a no-comms stream. Can't stand listening to commentary from BBC or ES on this match, they're not even subtle about wanting Ding to lose.

You should have listened Dale's commentary on Ding's match against Gould. I've never heard a commetator rooting so openly for a player.

Postby Andy Spark

Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm a bit disappointed in McManus now. He's acting like a baby in my opinion. Let's his emotions get the better of him. Did not expect that from a veteran like him.

I never realised how much muttering he does to himself when seated. Mutter, mutter, mutter. :chuckle:

Postby hendry_fan

Andy Spark wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm a bit disappointed in McManus now. He's acting like a baby in my opinion. Let's his emotions get the better of him. Did not expect that from a veteran like him.

I never realised how much muttering he does to himself when seated. Mutter, mutter, mutter. :chuckle:

I wonder what he mutters,maybe along the lines of,"you lucky basket","you lucky basket","you lucky basket". :-D

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Thankfully ES player has a no-comms stream. Can't stand listening to commentary from BBC or ES on this match, they're not even subtle about wanting Ding to lose.

You should have listened Dale's commentary on Ding's match against Gould. I've never heard a commetator rooting so openly for a player.

I once got the hump with Taylor and accused him of bias on Twitter. He denied it.

Postby Cloud Strife

Yeah, I don't remember him being like this before. I wonder if he's becoming a grump in his old age. :chin:

Postby Andy Spark

eraserhead wrote:Heres Virgo swearing https://twitter.com/imajsaclaimant/stat ... 8175657985

Absolutely disgusting! Whatever happened to professionalism and pride in your work. OK I understand that watching Slowby is painful, but these are supposed to be professional commentators. :irk: