Post a reply

Betfred World Championship S F 1:Alan McManus v Ding Junhui

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Session 1 Thursday 28th of April @ 1pm
Session 2 Friday 29th of April @ 10am
Session 3 Friday 29th of April @ 7pm
Session 4 Saturday 30th of April @ 2.30pm

Alan McManus v Ding Junhui

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Ding Junhui Leads 3-1
Main TournamentsDing Junhui leads 3-0
World ChampionshipDing Junhui leads 1-0
Multi Session Matches Ding Junhui leads 1-0

First Semi Final brings together Ding Junhui in his second semi final and Alan McManus in his 3rd 23 years after his 2nd and between 2007 and 2012 Alan McManus did not even qualify but this year he has roled back the years with wins over Stephen Maguire, Allister Carter and John Higgins.

Who will prevail over 4 sessions and reach their first World Final as a qualifier?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship S F 1:Alan McManus v Ding Jun

Postby Skullman

So, out of the four players left, Selby is not only the only former champion, he's also the only one's who been to the final.

Skullman Fun Fact: Last time we were guaranteed a new winner was 2005 (Stevens v Murphy) and the last time we had two players who were in their first World final was way back in 1981 (Davis v Mountjoy)

Postby Andre147

Hopefully McManus can settle in quick. He isn't used to the one table setup these days, whereas Ding, despite some poor results lately, is.

I don't want a hammering here, would be disappoiting.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:Yes Ebdon egg on face time. Same with Dotty for that matter.

If only Kyren had fell in quarter 1 he would have been in semis , would have beat Higgins :-(

Postby Wildey

McManus was actually playing 3 days after qualifying

and during the WGP both McManus and Foulds said on ITV 4 that Ebdon was talking nonsense.

Postby Cloud Strife

snookerlover wrote:If Angles somehow beat Ding and then Fu/Selby in the final it would be a bigger shock than Joe Johnson definitely.

Also, on a cooler note we're guaranteed a qualifier in the final. Suck on that Peter Ebdon.

Hendry must be seething.

Postby snookerlover

Andre147 wrote:Hopefully McManus can settle in quick. He isn't used to the one table setup these days, whereas Ding, despite some poor results lately, is.

I don't want a hammering here, would be disappoiting.

The only way I'd be happy with a hammering was if Ding played some sort of god-given match and made 15 or 16 centuries and McManus managed to get in with 4 or 5 over the course of the match. There's no safety frames. Otherwise this needs to go close.

Postby GJ

Ebdon on twitter saying what a great event its been

He hasn't tweeted saying he was wrong about no chance for qualifiers

:lol:

Postby Cue Guru

GJ wrote:Ebdon on twitter saying what a great event its been

I believe he meant no chance for vegan qualifiers if we're being fair to him GJ.

Postby vodkadiet

Cue Guru wrote:

I believe he meant no chance for vegan qualifiers if we're being fair to him GJ.

I am not sure why Veganism has been brought in to it.

There are plenty of corpse munchers who have played garbage in this tournament. Judd Trump being the prime example.

Postby Cue Guru

TheRocket wrote:Well Ding. You won't get a better opponent to reach the final and you won't get a better chance to win this title.

Meanwhile Trump will hit his tiny head against the wall, having wasted another good opportunity.

pmsl Trump ain't got the stamina or the brains to see out a Worlds. If it's not working, given em a bash and maybe fluke one is his mantra. The boy (he's no man) is a chutney ferret cockwomble.

Postby Cue Guru

vodkadiet wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

There are plenty of corpse munchers who have played garbage in this tournament. Judd Trump being the prime example.

All the semi-finalist have a balance diet and lifestyle. They're not running 10k, doing step or arse-spraying pulses.

Sensible diets 1, leaf munchers 0

Postby vodkadiet

Cue Guru wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

All the semi-finalist have a balance diet and lifestyle. They're not running 10k, doing step or arse-spraying pulses.

Sensible diets 1, leaf munchers 0

I have been Vegan for a long time now, and I know from experience that corpse munchers who try to attack Veganism only do it because they know that killing animals like lambs and calves is wrong, and cannot honestly justify their cruel actions.

There is no need to attack Vegans for their compassionate choices. Please just look at what cruelty your own dietary choices cause. The life of a lamb is just as important to that animal as your life is to you.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Anyone that didn't watch the first 4 frames of Higgins v McManus doesn't really have the right to go bashing Alan. The 3 frames he won were mesmerising to lead 3-1, it was exhibition snooker really. And he scored heavy throughout the entire match, more than earned his semi final spot.

I don't expect Ding to stroll through, I think it'll be more of a fight than people think.

Postby vodkadiet

Judd Trump must be sick. If he had not got involved in Twittergate with Dominic Dale he should have beaten Ding, as Ding didn't seem to believe he could beat Trump. Williams has cue problems and anyone would have beaten him, and it would have been McManus in the semis(well in theory as I guess if Trump had still been in, everything would have been different, and it may have been Higgins).

Trump ruined it!

Postby PoolBoy

GJ wrote:

If only Kyren had fell in quarter 1 he would have been in semis , would have beat Higgins :-(

Can't say that for sure. He might have beaten Higgins, but may not have. It seems there's no certain outcomes in this World Championship! :shrug: