Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship S F 1:Alan McManus v Ding Jun

Postby SnookerFan

I feel much better today. No hangover.

Yesterday was a bit of a waste of Annual Leave. If you can call lieing on my sofa watching snooker all day a waste.

Round my parents this afternoon, so will be watching. Currently making a bacon sandwich.

Postby hendry_fan

What a tourney Alans had,but surely he can,t keep up the standard of play he,s showed us.

I,m sure if not all,then at least 95% did,nt think he,d be able to,but so far he,s proved us wrong.

Would,nt it be somethin if he were to go on and win it,"a 45 year of Scot,wins the worlds 2016".

There,s no way that can happen can it,nuthin surprises me anymore,if he indeed can maintain the standard he,s shown,he has every chance,so bring it on Alan. <laugh>

:mosh2: COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN ALAN!!!!!!!!!!. :mosh2:

Postby Lucky

Better for snooker if the winner of this match wins the whole shebang. Either of these two as winners would make a great story and get snooker on the back pages and maybe even front pages. Selby and Fu are both ok guys. But as winners......zzzz

Postby SnookerEd25

Love some of the facts surrounding this semi :

Last time Alan played a Crucible SF, Ding was 6yrs old

Hendry was only a 2-time World champ, heading for a final with Jimmy White (their 3rd of 4)

Fred Davis was still an active professional

Luca Brecel wasn't even born

We'd never heard of the Internet

John Higgins had never been to the Ukraine (officially)...

Postby Cheshire Cat

Matt from PSB said Alan has just about made more money from this Crucible run alone than he did the entirety of last season. That's incredible.

Angles scored like a monster against Higgins. Hopefully he gives a good account of himself. Deserves it for all the years of effort he's put in. :hatoff:

Postby Cue Guru

vodkadiet wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
GJ wrote:Ebdon on twitter saying what a great event its been

He hasn't tweeted saying he was wrong about no chance for qualifiers

:lol:

I believe he meant no chance for vegan qualifiers if we're being fair to him GJ.

I am not sure why Veganism has been brought in to it.

There are plenty of corpse munchers who have played garbage in this tournament. Judd Trump being the prime example.

All the semi-finalist have a balance diet and lifestyle. They're not running 10k, doing step or arse-spraying pulses.

Sensible diets 1, leaf munchers 0

I have been Vegan for a long time now, and I know from experience that corpse munchers who try to attack Veganism only do it because they know that killing animals like lambs and calves is wrong, and cannot honestly justify their cruel actions.

There is no need to attack Vegans for their compassionate choices. Please just look at what cruelty your own dietary choices cause. The life of a lamb is just as important to that animal as your life is to you.

Plants 'scream' when they're hacked down. Your plants? Oh, they're fed nitrogen from Bayer mate, destroying rivers, habitats and water life worldwide. Sheep grazing on grass on hill and mountain sides is far more ethical. Life is death; get over it. Or become a Jane if you don't believe in ethics of farming.
Last edited by Cue Guru on 28 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cue Guru

SnookerEd25 wrote:Love some of the facts surrounding this semi :

Last time Alan played a Crucible SF, Ding was 6yrs old

Hendry was only a 2-time World champ, heading for a final with Jimmy White (their 3rd of 4)

Fred Davis was still an active professional

Luca Brecel wasn't even born

We'd never heard of the Internet

John Higgins had never been to the Ukraine (officially)...

Lots of :hatoff:

And..................................................... pmsl :chuckle: <laugh> rofl

Don't mention Ukraine, it makes them drag out the worlds biggest brush and carpet. rofl

Postby kruppy

I have an awesome ticket for the first session. Third row, should be pretty well just behind either the baulk side or the black-pink side depending on how they have set up the table. Look for someone with a red cardigan and a black/white striped shirt under looking clueless.

Postby Cue Guru

kruppy wrote:I have an awesome ticket for the first session. Third row, should be pretty well just behind either the baulk side or the black-pink side depending on how they have set up the table. Look for someone with a red cardigan and a black/white striped shirt under looking clueless.

Enjoy your special day mate! :happy: Hopefully you'll see Ding pop a maxi.

Postby Cue Guru

Cheshire Cat wrote:Matt from PSB said Alan has just about made more money from this Crucible run alone than he did the entirety of last season. That's incredible.

Angles scored like a monster against Higgins. Hopefully he gives a good account of himself. Deserves it for all the years of effort he's put in. :hatoff:

To some extent I agree and if Supermac does win I hope he or Marco can lift the title. But snooker the sport and snooker the game deserves a Ding victory. :stir:

Come on DINGO!

Postby Cue Guru

Dingo is a rabbit (April 1987). His personality according to chinahighlights.com may be something like:

"The Rabbit's Personality: Quiet, Elegant...

Rabbits tend to be gentle, quiet, elegant, and alert; quick, skillful, kind, and patient; and particularly responsible. However, they might be superficial, stubborn, melancholy, and overly-discreet. Generally speaking, people who belong to the Rabbit zodiac sign have likable characters.

Gentlemen who belong to the rabbit zodiac sign always treat people politely, with a gentle smile that makes people feel that they are credible and sincere. When meeting trouble, Rabbits can handle it in an orderly way; when encountering tough difficulties they are never discouraged, but are persistent to seek solutions. So they eventually achieve enviable success."

Pretty accurate.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cue Guru wrote:Dingo is a rabbit (April 1987). His personality according to chinahighlights.com may be something like:

"The Rabbit's Personality: Quiet, Elegant...

Rabbits tend to be gentle, quiet, elegant, and alert; quick, skillful, kind, and patient; and particularly responsible. However, they might be superficial, stubborn, melancholy, and overly-discreet. Generally speaking, people who belong to the Rabbit zodiac sign have likable characters.

Gentlemen who belong to the rabbit zodiac sign always treat people politely, with a gentle smile that makes people feel that they are credible and sincere. When meeting trouble, Rabbits can handle it in an orderly way; when encountering tough difficulties they are never discouraged, but are persistent to seek solutions. So they eventually achieve enviable success."

Pretty accurate.

:hatoff:

Postby kruppy

Cue Guru wrote:
kruppy wrote:I have an awesome ticket for the first session. Third row, should be pretty well just behind either the baulk side or the black-pink side depending on how they have set up the table. Look for someone with a red cardigan and a black/white striped shirt under looking clueless.

Thanks! I realised now the table is set along the other axis. I'll be roughly around the centre pocket on the yellow side of the table.

Postby Gridlock

hendry_fan wrote:What a tourney Alans had,but surely he can,t keep up the standard of play he,s showed us.

I,m sure if not all,then at least 95% did,nt think he,d be able to,but so far he,s proved us wrong.

Would,nt it be somethin if he were to go on and win it,"a 45 year of Scot,wins the worlds 2016".

There,s no way that can happen can it,nuthin surprises me anymore,if he indeed can maintain the standard he,s shown,he has every chance,so bring it on Alan. <laugh>

:mosh2: COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN ALAN!!!!!!!!!!. :mosh2:

I'm with ya Mr Hendry_fan!

Postby kruppy

kruppy wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

Thanks! I realised now the table is set along the other axis. I'll be roughly around the centre pocket on the yellow side of the table.

Amazing. I'm seated spot on the centre line of the table. Two rows behind a bloke in a blue hat.

Postby Cue Guru

kruppy wrote:
kruppy wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

Amazing. I'm seated spot on the centre line of the table. Two rows behind a bloke in a blue hat.

C'mon the Cardigan!

@Holden: you got your Ronnie fingernails ready to bite once more for Ding bud?