Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship S F 1:Alan McManus v Ding Jun

Postby snucar

Holden Chinaski wrote:
snucar wrote:
Skullman wrote:4 minutes a bit excessive for that...

A bit? Just imagine the tsunami of insults Ebdon would have received if it was him instead of Ding taking that time. The ref should have given Ding a warning.

It was only one shot and he was in a difficult position. He's not doing it on every shot and he's not doing it on easy shots. It was a bit too long but not like Ebdon or Selby sometimes slowing the game down on every shot.

Still, 5 minutes on a single shot is unreal. Not to mention how many times Ding is asking the ref to clean the ball in every single frame, just to gain more time to prepare for the next shot.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Neal Foulds is as good as anybody the BBC have. In fact, he's better than most.

They had him and didn't keep him

<doh>

Postby snucar

Holden Chinaski wrote:To be fair, the cue ball cleaning might have something to do with the amount of kicks there have been. McManus seems to be having one kick after another.

He does it in everywhere mate, make no mistake about. There's tons of videos on youtube to confirm that and it is widely known amongst the players.

Postby Andy Spark

snucar wrote:

A bit? Just imagine the tsunami of insults Ebdon would have received if it was him instead of Ding taking that time. The ref should have given Ding a warning.

The refs need more specific guidance, there needs to be a specific set of time limits for a single shot, maybe four minutes. Then if you go over four minutes a friendly warning, if you go over five minutes a formal warning. and over six minutes you forfeit the frame.

Postby hendry_fan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Maybe they'll get Clive back. :shrug:

rofl Yeah, Right.

Maybe Michaela will agree to start refereeing again, and do it naked. That's more likely.

I bet the viewing figures would go up!

Yummy Michaela,i,d settle for that. :-D

I,d love to see Ivy back again,where has she been?,has she stopped,or has she been givin the sack?. :chin:

Postby Holden Chinaski

snucar wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:To be fair, the cue ball cleaning might have something to do with the amount of kicks there have been. McManus seems to be having one kick after another.

He does it in everywhere mate, make no mistake about. There's tons of videos on youtube to confirm that and it is widely known amongst the players.

Never noticed it and I watch a lot of Ding matches.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl Yeah, Right.

Maybe Michaela will agree to start refereeing again, and do it naked. That's more likely.

What? Compared to the match this morning? Probably right.

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl Yeah, Right.

I,d love to see Ivy back again,where has she been?,has she stopped,or has she been givin the sack?. :chin:

Weren't she at the China Open?

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:
snucar wrote:

The refs need more specific guidance, there needs to be a specific set of time limits for a single shot, maybe four minutes. Then if you go over four minutes a friendly warning, if you go over five minutes a formal warning. and over six minutes you forfeit the frame.

Hi, there doesn't.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl Yeah, Right.

Weren't she at the China Open?

I dunno tbh,but i,d luv to see her refereeing more.