Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 27th) Quarter-Fina

Postby vodkadiet

John Higgins has played some shocking matches against veterans in recent years. Steve Davis in 2010, Stephen Hendry in 2012, Mark Davis in 2013, and now Alan McManus twice in 2014, and 2016.

Postby votesforgoats

Ding vs McManus is still a match...this is reminiscent of Bingham last year; he beats Ronnie and supposedly it's pretty much a bye to the final for Judd, then he beats Judd and it's supposedly a procession for Murphy. I don't expect McManus to win, Ding has to be strong favourite, but expectations seem to not mean that much..

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:John Higgins has played some shocking matches against veterans in recent years. Steve Davis in 2010, Stephen Hendry in 2012, Mark Davis in 2013, and now Alan McManus twice in 2014, and 2016.

WEll said Vodka.

Postby hendry_fan

FAAAAAAAAAANTAAAAAAAAAAAASTIC STUFF FROM ALAN!.

The 45 year old fogey,beats 4x World champ John Higgins!!!!.

I,m a weeeeeee bit disappointed,as i was a tad more for John,obviously cause he had a chance to grab his 5th world title,but even if he,d of won this match,he,d of still of had to win another 2 matches,which he most probably would,nt have,it,s all specualation anyway,but it,s about FACTS,and FACT is,he lost and is out of this years worlds.

Higgins had 2 good chances to force the decider,but he blew em.

Surely John won,t win another world title,he had a decent chance to in this worlds,but he blew it,i think now that he,ll stay put on 4.

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry pleased for Alan,he finished the match with a 91% pot success and played in general very well,most thought he could,nt keep the very good high standard of play up,but he proved them wrong,he,ll most likely go down a gear in his next match,but i hope he proves me and many wrong yet again.

:happy: :party: GREAT STUFF ALAN!!!!. :party: :happy:

Postby Andre147

No matter how Wild or anyone else try to paint it, this will go down as one of the biggest chokes ever in Snooker.

From 9-1 up nobody should lose a Best of 25 match, and especially given the chances he's had.

Postby Cue Guru

I'm so supremely confident of a Ding victory, Ding is 10x the player Angles is. I don't want to sound arrogant but Ding will whitewash McManus. I'm sure of this, I'd bet my house on it.

Hang on a second.................................................................................. rofl

Postby vodkadiet

boris_the_butcher wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Am I meant to believe that the standard of snooker is an all time high, or has McManus suddenly become a world beater at 45?

best standard from '98 to 05'. There is no debate, no debate, no debate.

Stretch out and wait!

Postby GJ

Cue Guru wrote:I'm so supremely confident of a Ding victory, Ding is 10x the player Angles is. I don't want to sound arrogant but Ding will whitewash McManus. I'm sure of this, I'd bet my house on it.

Hang on a second.................................................................................. rofl

Find my quote on betting my house on it

<doh> rofl <laugh>

Postby Skullman

vodkadiet wrote:World Champion 2016: Alan McManus
World Champion 2017: Tony Drago
World Champion 2018: Terry Griffiths
World Champion 2019: Ray Reardon

Don't be daft. Drago would never beat Pinches in the final.

Postby Cue Guru

GJ wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:I'm so supremely confident of a Ding victory, Ding is 10x the player Angles is. I don't want to sound arrogant but Ding will whitewash McManus. I'm sure of this, I'd bet my house on it.

Find my quote on betting my house on it

<doh> rofl <laugh>

Haha, quoting me, you cockwomble. YOU may as well have just said, yes guv, it was me, put the handcuffs on! rofl You'd be crap at chess. :chuckle:

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:World Champion 2016: Alan McManus
World Champion 2017: Tony Drago
World Champion 2018: Terry Griffiths
World Champion 2019: Ray Reardon

2020 Stephen Lee. <ok>

He's still banned for another 10 years. <ok>

Postby GJ

Cueman

I stand by what I said it was a 1 off fluke performance by holty boy as shown by his joke performance next round

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:andre did u read ronnies blog interview after the match?

I did. Great to see he's still motivated and hungry for more titles.

Not surprised. If he wins McManus winning world titles at 45, he must think he can win world titles in to his 80s.