Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 27th) Quarter-Fina

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:I'd say Selby can't believe his luck. Played at about 6/10 all tournament and now in semi's.

You don't have to play your best. Just better than your opponent does.

Not much of a spectacle for the viewing public, is it. Seeing someone scraping by all the time without performing at their best.

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:We could end with 2 really good semi match ups

Higgins V Ding

Selby v Fu

All world class players

Apart from Ding and Fu, that's a dire lineup.

Wild could end with egg on his face like i did on robbo v holt <laugh>

I recall wild saying

im thinking your talking bullocks Higgins wont be in the semis rofl

Prove him wrong mr haggis :D :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Higgins V Ding

Selby v Fu

All world class players

I recall wild saying

Wild with egg on his face?

It wouldn't be the first time, would it? rofl

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Higgins V Ding

Selby v Fu

All world class players

I recall wild saying

Wild with egg on his face?

It wouldn't be the first time, would it? rofl

At least he has the nerve to make bold predictions but still its funny when they go tits up <laugh>
Last edited by GJ on 27 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Higgins V Ding

Selby v Fu

All world class players

That'd be cool. Don't count out McManus though. Higgins struggling a bit.

Postby PoolBoy

Definitely a breakthrough season for Kyren Wilson - and he'll end the season at no.16 (unless McManus reaches the final!)
Extraordinary that Cloud thinks that Selby and Higgins would be part of a dire semi-final draw!
Selby is still officially World Ranked no.1 and will remain there if he lifts the crown. And Higgins is simply one of the best half-dozen players ever to play the sport!

Postby Pedro147

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody ever tried HopHouse 13?

Yeah I've had a few pints of it, nothing to write home about really. In saying that I'm not the biggest lager drinker in the world anyway but friends of mine who drink lager not too mad on it either. It hasn't really taken off in Ireland at all.

Postby Sickpotter

Cloud Strife wrote:

Higgins V Ding

Selby v Fu

All world class players

:shrug:

You consider the two who have won the WC dire? :roll:

Postby Gridlock

Dan-cat wrote:
Gridlock wrote:Just a little note to hope everyone's snooker Christmas is going well!

Griddy McGridster!

Actually, snooker Christmas has not been going well for me. The tournament itself has been spectacular - thrills and spills, upsets and car crashes! Angle's run, Ding's phoenix-like rise from the ashes of his terrible form, RoboBazza, the Rocket's in-off etc

Unfortunately I've only been able to snatch bits of it in a very unsatisfactory manner - I've been catching up on BBC and youtube (god bless SnookerRoomRU, they upload so quickly! Must remember to send them a donation). The only thing about that is, I really like to watch the matches without knowing the results, so that means avoiding Snooker Island (not fun, I miss everyone's chat on here), Twitter etc. My mum got ill so that's taken up time and I've had a lot of music and other work on. I fly to LA tomorrow to go to a music festival in the Nevada Desert called Further Future (http://www.furtherfuture.com) - I got a free ticket for this about 6 weeks ago so I was always gonna go, which means missing the final Crucible weekend altogether - gaaaaaahhh!! I don't get back here until next Tuesday at 2pm - will I be able to resist typing BBC Snooker into Google, flicking to Twitter, or coming on here before then? I just don't know. Grrrr!

I think next year I'm going to take a leaf out of Snookerfan's book and just book the whole final week off.

Hope your Mum is feeling better. Mother's are very important!

Postby PoolBoy

Skullman wrote:Return to see Selby won 13-8. I'm guessing they were about equal this session and Kyren missed the boat yesterday?

Also Higgin v McManus level session, how was that? Still scrappy from the two of them?

Yeah, Kyren just had too much to do - especially after Selby made a strong start to today's session.

McManus missed a few sitters and will probably feel that he should be level. But that match is far from over - Higgins doing what he does better than anybody - winning ugly! But that's what matters!
What I find amusing is that one of Ronnie's most outspoken fanboys suggested that he'd rather O'Sullivan LOST playing well, than WIN, by finding a way.
Yet, he's the one who sounds most butt-hurt his hero is out!!

Perhaps, in hindsight he'd prefer if The Rocket had won a scrappy affair and was still involved in this World Championship!
But, no! It's apparently all about 'standard'! <laugh>
The record books don't show the 'standard' - whatever that even means!
But they do show results...and will forever show that Ronnie was beaten in the last-16 by Barry Hawkins. Live with it! <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>