Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 27th) Quarter-Fina

Postby Souvent

Pressure shots define World champions. I could be wrong, of course, but I try to imagine the same frame ball in the context of a final (and an opponent playing better than Hawkins, which isn't hard to imagine) and I can't see Fu getting over the finish line. I don't think it's unreasonable.
Last edited by Souvent on 27 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Souvent wrote:And this shot is why Fu will never be World champion.

based on one shot huh...

Go figure... :chin:

No it makes sense. That missed pink against Selby was what made ROS lose to Bingo and Hawkins.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:I know Hawk has put up no resistance but throughout the event Marco has scored really well.

Marco and DIng are the ones who impressed me the most.

Hopefully the two of them make the Final, and then we can have a similar match to their IC Classic Final.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:I know Hawk has put up no resistance but throughout the event Marco has scored really well.

Marco and DIng are the ones who impressed me the most.

Hopefully the two of them make the Final, and then we can have a similar match to their IC Classic Final.

Great to see marco being so consistent usually that's his main issue in events

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:
Great to see marco being so consistent usually that's his main issue in events

He has a couple of kids now, right? I think he's inspired to pay their school fees.

:chuckle:

Postby Cloud Strife

Funny how this idiot suddenly can't string two pots together when only the day before he played like a man possessed. What a joke.

Well, at least he'll be able to tell his grandchildren he beat the great Ronnie O'Sullivan at the Crucible. That seems to be enough for him considering how he's performed in this match.

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:Funny how this idiot suddenly can't string two pots together when only the day before he played like a man possessed. What a joke.

Well, at least he'll be able to tell his grandchildren he beat the great Ronnie O'Sullivan at the Crucible. That seems to be enough for him considering how he's performed in this match.

:roll:

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Funny how this idiot suddenly can't string two pots together when only the day before he played like a man possessed. What a joke.

I wouldn't call him an idiot, but yes I see what you mean and it's very frustrating watching this truly patehtic performance from Barry after playing the Snooker of his life v Ronnie.

I knew this was coming though, many a time a player who has beaten a tournament favourite crumbles in the next round, only the true greats manage to follow that up.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I love watching Fu when he's on song like he was against Ebdon. Break-builds as good as anyone in the game.

You can't ask for a much tougher task than going the distance against ROS and then coming up against Fu playing well straight after.

Must be tough for Fu too tbh. It's hard to stay 100% focused when your opponent is playing toss and you have such a massive lead.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:

I wouldn't call him an idiot, but yes I see what you mean and it's very frustrating watching this truly patehtic performance from Barry after playing the Snooker of his life v Ronnie.

I knew this was coming though, many a time a player who has beaten a tournament favourite crumbles in the next round, only the true greats manage to follow that up.

Barry does it every worlds the last 3 years :spot on:

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:This is garbage from Hawkins. He should walk out now!

And be replaced by Ronnie. Hearn can make it happen, it's in his discretion!

Barry Hearn could play better!

This is like David Gray in 2000. He smashed O'Sullivan and then lost 13-1 to Christopher 'Dominic' Dale.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:This is garbage from Hawkins. He should walk out now!

And be replaced by Ronnie. Hearn can make it happen, it's in his discretion!

Remember when Ronnie said he was struggling with fans making him the figurehead?

rofl

Postby Andre147

Schadenfreude wrote:Barry needs Fu to wear a Ronnie mask to start playing good.

I know Barry's secret now.

If he isn't fatigued at the Crucible, he plays the snooker of his life, if he is, well then rofl pmsl