Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 27th) Quarter-Fina

Postby SavoMilosevic

MJW's tip problem must have been serious. It's the first time I see him really disappointed and he normally never makes excuses when he loses.
He says on twitter that Selt could have sorted out the problem. I thought there is nothing more you can do in a situation like that, just put a new tip on and wait to feel ok which Williams obviously did himself?

Postby GJ

As much as I would like a hawk comeback for the good event I hope marco keeps the big lead as hawk will have nothing in the tank for the semis anyway.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:As much as I would like a hawk comeback for the good event I hope marco keeps the big lead as hawk will have nothing in the tank for the semis anyway.

True, but Hawkins has beaten Selby at Crucible before, but as you say he wasn't fatigued then.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:As much as I would like a hawk comeback for the good event I hope marco keeps the big lead as hawk will have nothing in the tank for the semis anyway.

True, but Hawkins has beaten Selby at Crucible before, but as you say he wasn't fatigued then.

Yeah his 2 wins over Selby were in round 1 and 2

Round 1 win I recall Selby having a neck injury and the round 2 win hawk was excellent.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:When was the last time 2 quarter finals finished with a session to spare ?

2004. ROS beat Hamilton 13-3 and Hendry beat McCulloch 13-3.

<ok>

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:How will Ronnie feel if Hawkins loses this match with a session to spare? rofl <doh>

A bit like how Robbo felt watching Holty fall apart v MJW.

When I saw holt 3-0 up v Williams I though well at least he has built on his win and then the wheels came off rofl

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:Ding has beaten everyone of the players left in it except Hawkins at the Crucible. Completely forgot about his classic 10-9 game with Fu back in 2008

If Higgins finishes the job tonight , that semi v ding could be a classic

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Ding has beaten everyone of the players left in it except Hawkins at the Crucible. Completely forgot about his classic 10-9 game with Fu back in 2008

Given I have money on Ding, i'd rather he won 17-0 tbh

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:

Given I have money on Ding, i'd rather he won 17-0 tbh

<laugh>