Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 27th) Quarter-Fina

Postby Cue Guru

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
SavoMilosevic wrote:I think Stephen Hendry should be back next year!

If he had a bit more patience an eighth World title might have happened.

Jesus, from which planet?

Hendry couldn't do anything after 30, wiped out by the class of '92 + Ebdon etc. Compare that to Higgins and Ronnie winning at 40 in a much stronger era. I'd like to see Hendry come back for the rofl , the <laugh> , the pmsl and the <doh>

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:Would Selby be considered as an All-time great if he wins the World again, becoming a double World Champ?

I mean, he's a three times Masters champ as well. And he won the UK. The fact he only won 6 rankers is a weak point though.

Well, he'd have a 7th if he won this title...

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Cue Guru wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
SavoMilosevic wrote:I think Stephen Hendry should be back next year!

If he had a bit more patience an eighth World title might have happened.

Jesus, from which planet?

Hendry couldn't do anything after 30, wiped out by the class of '92 + Ebdon etc. Compare that to Higgins and Ronnie winning at 40 in a much stronger era. I'd like to see Hendry come back for the rofl , the <laugh> , the pmsl and the <doh>

I wasn't being serious.

Postby Cue Guru

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Would Selby be considered as an All-time great if he wins the World again, becoming a double World Champ?

I mean, he's a three times Masters champ as well. And he won the UK. The fact he only won 6 rankers is a weak point though.

The answer is probably yes. Before Robbo and Ding as well.

Hendry doesn't consider him a great. So he's not. No, I'm not taking the snake hiss. He simply isn't.

Postby Lou147

Gutted not to see Barry Hawkins force a decider, least he deserved after that incredible fightback. Hoping to see an all Asian final now!

Postby GJ

Cue Guru wrote:
GJ wrote:The top right bucket seemed to shrink on fus brown ....

Get a new dealer.

When wildey boy giving us our winnings ...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cue Guru wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

The answer is probably yes. Before Robbo and Ding as well.

Hendry doesn't consider him a great. So he's not. No, I'm not taking the snake hiss. He simply isn't.

Hopefully Fu will take care of Selby so we don't even have to have this talk anytime soon.

Postby Skullman

Cue Guru wrote:
GJ wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
GJ wrote:The top right bucket seemed to shrink on fus brown ....

Get a new dealer.

When wildey boy giving us our winnings ...

You know he will Welsh on us mate. :mood:

Don't you have to actually give him money first? I'm sure if you sent it to him, you'll get some back at some point :john:

Postby hendry_fan

kruppy wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
kruppy wrote:Multi tasking as I'm sort of in the middle of the arena. What a session so far!

Proper fan, watching it live at the best arena of all. I envy you. <ok>

What a noise comin from that crucible,it,s even louder that the house of commons. :shrug: :-D

What a night in there, I'm telling you. What a night :-)

Glad you enjoyed it mate,must,ve been awesome. <ok> :-D

Postby Lou147

Gutted not to see Barry Hawkins force a decider, least he deserved after that incredible fightback. Hoping to see an all Asian final now!

Postby kruppy

hendry_fan wrote:
kruppy wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
kruppy wrote:Multi tasking as I'm sort of in the middle of the arena. What a session so far!

Proper fan, watching it live at the best arena of all. I envy you. <ok>

What a noise comin from that crucible,it,s even louder that the house of commons. :shrug: :-D

What a night in there, I'm telling you. What a night :-)

Glad you enjoyed it mate,must,ve been awesome. <ok> :-D

It really was. I thought my ticket was for the Fu-Hawk match, but it was the other one. Still it was quite in the middle so I could see one half of Table 2, plus fully on the screen. I was more interested in Fu-Hawk so I had the commentary from that on, while my eyes flipped between the two tables and the screen. Was very pleased when Angles cleared up and the wall went up. It's fantastic when everybody's eyes are on one player only.

BTW, did you catch the marry me proposal Davis got from one lady in the audience just before the afternoon session? I was filming so should have it recorded. Said lady was seated quite close to me. I think she was slightly drunk.

Postby Holden Chinaski

When Selby's playing his A game, he plays like one of the greats. Not Ronnie or Hendry level for sure but close. The problem is a lot of times he crumbles and plays like an amateur. Sometimes he plays like he's playing snooker for the first time, and is not very good at it. But he even manages to win matches when he plays like that by slowing the game down, making the frames awkward and grinding his opponents down.

So yeah, I'd say he's one of the best grinders ever, definitely one of the best playing when behind. He's mentally very, very strong. And when he's playing his A game he's a great break builder as well. When he's not playing his best, and that happens a lot, he's horrible.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:When Selby's playing his A game, he plays like one of the greats. Not Ronnie or Hendry level for sure but close. The problem is a lot of times he crumbles and plays like an amateur. Sometimes he plays like he's playing snooker for the first time, and is not very good at it.

This part could also describe Ding.

Postby SnookerEd25

vodkadiet wrote:One year Tony Meo finished a last 16 match and had to start his quarter final with Tony Knowles on the same day. Not surprisingly he lost the first session 7-1!

I doubted this so looked it up, and turned out you were right; however, Knowles also finished his 2nd rd. match (13-12 Reardon) on the day so it was the same for both players

Postby PoolBoy

Cue Guru wrote:So we've got Fu v. Slowby.

Well done Hawk, you've denied us the greatest of all time, Ronnie v. Slowby.

There have been some dross results this year but the Dove from above has ruined the WSC and for what. Jack all.

What utter tosh! Hawkins did his job - if anybody's to 'blame', it's surely Ronnie!

Then a few posts further on , you come out with this tripe:
Yep, that's why if it does happen, '16 won't count. To have won it while avoiding ROS, Trump, Robbo, Smurf, Bingo is just a tragedy. It would count as a joke victory. He's played crap as well, just to make it worse.

You just like to discredit players who you don't like winning it! Last year, Bingham beat Trump, Dott, Murphy AND Ronnie - but you still game him no credit or even 'recognised' him as the World Champion!
Some of the garbage you post on here is reminiscent of that moron, MasterBlaster - whatever happened to him?! <laugh>

Postby PoolBoy

TheRocket wrote:McManus in the semis of the World Championship would be truly a joke but if it happens, Ding will be the luckiest man on the planet.

Your posts are the 'joke'! McManus is there on merit, having beaten the 6 opponents put in front of him. Granted, Ding may be a step, too far, but it's preposterous to suggest he doesn't deserve to be there. Some of his snooker against Higgins was majestic.

Postby PLtheRef

Table after Quarter-Finals (28/31 Matches Played)

140 SUNDAYGIRL 18 - 2
139 WILDEY 18 - 3
137 ALEX0PAUL 18 - 1
135 THECLEAVER 18 - 3
135 PLTHEREF 18 - 1
135 SMART 17 - 3
129 ERASERHEAD 16 - 3
128 KRAZEEYEKILLA 17 - 2
127 SCOTTCORNO 17 - 2
126 KRUPPY 16 - 3
125 MUPPET147 17 - 1
125 AYRSHIREBHOY 16 - 4
122 VODKADIET 15 - 3
119 SKULLMAN 16 - 2
119 JPOPSNOOKER 16 - 2
119 CLOUD STRIFE 15 - 3
115 JMAL1 15 - 4
110 SNOOKERLOVER 15 - 4
109 SAVOMILOSEVIC 15 - 2
107 FRIDGE46 14 - 3
105 ANDRE147 14 - 2
98 KING.KAUTO 14 - 0
93 VOTESFORGOATS 13 - 2
88 KOLOMPAR 11 - 2
79 RANDAM05 11 - 1
58 GJ 8 - 1

It's getting close

Wednesday's table

21 AYRSHIREBHOY
19 CLOUD STRIFE
17 ANDRE147
11 SNOOKERLOVER
10 VODKADIET
10 JPOPSNOOKER
9 SMART
6 ALEX0PAUL
6 SKULLMAN
6 PLTHEREF
6 THECLEAVER
6 WILDEY
6 KRAZEEYEKILLA
6 FRIDGE46
6 KRUPPY
0 MUPPET147
0 JMAL1
0 SAVOMILOSEVIC
0 KING.KAUTO
0 SUNDAYGIRL
0 ERASERHEAD
0 SCOTTCORNO
0 KOLOMPAR
X VOTESFORGOATS
X RANDAM05
X GJ

Postby SnookerFan

kruppy wrote:It really was. I thought my ticket was for the Fu-Hawk match, but it was the other one. Still it was quite in the middle so I could see one half of Table 2, plus fully on the screen. I was more interested in Fu-Hawk so I had the commentary from that on, while my eyes flipped between the two tables and the screen. Was very pleased when Angles cleared up and the wall went up. It's fantastic when everybody's eyes are on one player only.

BTW, did you catch the marry me proposal Davis got from one lady in the audience just before the afternoon session? I was filming so should have it recorded. Said lady was seated quite close to me. I think she was slightly drunk.

I thought you was going to say it was you who proposed. rofl

Good trip?