Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 26th) Quarter-Fin

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
QSM wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ding or Barry to win this now please. If not them, Kyren or MJW. Hell, I'd even take McManus or Fu.

But please, PLEASE not Higgins or Selby. Absolutely ANYONE but those two.

If we have a Higgins-Selby final i will end up supporting Selby for the first time ever. buck me, honest John winning, dont even want to think about it.

Selby-Higgins final? rofl

Talk about a devil's bargain. rofl

Where could one find this final granting devil? Just out of curiosity :john:

It doesn't exist thankfully.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
QSM wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ding or Barry to win this now please. If not them, Kyren or MJW. Hell, I'd even take McManus or Fu.

But please, PLEASE not Higgins or Selby. Absolutely ANYONE but those two.

If we have a Higgins-Selby final i will end up supporting Selby for the first time ever. buck me, honest John winning, dont even want to think about it.

Selby-Higgins final? rofl

Talk about a devil's bargain. rofl

Where could one find this final granting devil? Just out of curiosity :john:

It doesn't exist thankfully.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Postby PLtheRef

Going to be a good final week in store. Genuinely getting tough to call now.

One strange quirk , the six nations represented at the Crucible this year is the joint fewest in the history of the championship at the Crucible - and the five represented at the quarter-final stage represents the second most after six in 1978, 1982, 1997 and 2006 according to the Statman's Almanac

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:I always book the 2nd week off work

Love it

COME ON KYREN

Real shame, Robbo and Ronnie are already out. Too bad both ran into players playing out of their skin.

Look on the brightside, Selby's still in it.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:I always book the 2nd week off work

Love it

COME ON KYREN

Real shame, Robbo and Ronnie are already out. Too bad both ran into players playing out of their skin.

Its a funny old game but its why we love it so many twists and turns

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Will Ding ever get a better chance of winning the World Title?

He probably wont, we'll see...

Ironic isn't it? coming from the qualifiers and all that.

He just has to make the final with this draw. Only Williams and Higgins standing in his way. To win the final however will be tough.

Postby Skullman

Just doing some late night almanac browsing and thought I'd bring up quarter final conversion stats:

McManus: 2/4
Higgins: 7/11
Williams: 5/6
Ding: 1/3
Hawkins: 3/3
Fu: 1/2
Selby: 3/5

Wilson: N/A

Hawkins standout and Williams's only quarter final loss being to ROS in 2006.

Postby TheRocket

Hawkins won't win the title. And to be honest. I woudn't even be surprised if Fu beat him very comfortably. It's just the story of Hawkins over the last two years. And he probably feels even under more pressure now, having beaten the tournament favourite. All eyes will be on him.

This is a good chance for Ding now. The best he might ever get. He has to beat Williams and probably Higgins to reach the final. Two big names but also two men in decline. If Ding want to win the World title, he should get through that.

All players will fancy their chances now. This is the most open WC since a long time you have to say.

Postby eraserhead

Well, what the heck! I went and did my best!
And, by God, I really tasted something swell!
And for a moment, why, I even touched the sky!
And at least I left some stories they can tell, I did!

And for the first time since I don't remember when
I felt just like my old bony self again...
And I, Jack, the Pumpkin King...
That's right, I am the Pumpkin King! Aha, ha, ha!

And I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!
Uh oh, I hope there's still time to set things right!
Sandy Claws, hmm...

Postby Sickpotter

TheRocket wrote:Hawkins won't win the title. And to be honest. I woudn't even be surprised if Fu beat him very comfortably. It's just the story of Hawkins over the last two years. And he probably feels even under more pressure now, having beaten the tournament favourite. All eyes will be on him.

This is a good chance for Ding now. The best he might ever get. He has to beat Williams and probably Higgins to reach the final. Two big names but also two men in decline. If Ding want to win the World title, he should get through that.

All players will fancy their chances now. This is the most open WC since a long time you have to say.

Higgins is in decline.....but won 2 rankers this season and showing solid form at the right time.

IMO it's going to be Higgins winning the title......and everyone can start the who's greater, Higgins or Ronnie debate :stir:

Postby TheSaviour

BAZZA you beauty!!!! I reckon he was and is getting a bit of a crowd favourite here. From what I saw from the first 2 session against Ronnie I thought that could be something even Ronnie with his mercurial natural talent and greatness can´t deal with. I saw and thought that because I always immediately see through other people. No matter who he or she is. From 7-9 I obviously guessed Ronnie was always going to haul him back, which obviously proved to be the case also. Stiil slightly fancied Ronnie to turned it around from 7-9. So I was wrong. I hardly never am. I would love to be more often if scores of players just would start to play to win. After the 90s people just to give it away without a decent fights. But this wasn´t one those matches.

Bazza punished Ronnie really solidly. Always remaining composure. Which was the key. Barry also hit some really smooth and precise back-spins. Was really great to watch! Never really has seen anything like that with the way Barry punished him really solidly always when he was amongs the balls. Personally I think that´s the way snooker should be played at.

Barry will have his hand full against Marco Fu.
This tournament is a no-brainer: Selby to reach to final and winning it. But that´s what I said already before the tournament even started.. Let´s see if someone can upset the REAL ODDS <laugh> Kyren will probably win it many times if he just keeps on developing his game further. The way he has dispatched some great players during this season is sometning we haven´t seen since the Ronnie turned pro and played qualifiers.