Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 26th) Quarter-Fin

Postby Jester82

Cheshire Cat wrote:Selbs playing terrible and he looks to be going 3-0 up. Wouldn't be surprised if he won it this year.

Kyren really not in the match at all yet.

Saw the double? Terrible...

Postby Cue Guru

Cheshire Cat wrote:Selbs playing terrible and he looks to be going 3-0 up. Wouldn't be surprised if he won it this year.

The nightmare scenario: folk like the Hawk, Kyren, do brilliantly to wipe out the talented, then play durge to leave the gate open to the grinders. Effing brilliant. :shc:

Postby Cheshire Cat

Jester82 wrote:

Saw the double? Terrible...

I love watching Selby, but I feel like it's an achievement these days when he makes a break above 50.

Compared to the Ding v MJW match, Selby v Wilson is/was pretty poor so far (only watched up to the end of the 3rd frame, it may have improved since then).

Postby Cue Guru

Cloud Strife wrote:Well, this is just brilliant isn't it. Higgins or Selby looked nailed on to win this.

If they do, I will wipe 2016 as the year the Worlds didn't take place. The title would be meaningless. At least Bingo won it on merit, playing great snooker. This is bucking dross from the dross-meister and his slow, grinding, cockwomble, teeth-pulling, bucket of marmite, butt ugly, so called effing snooker.

There, I've said it. :innocent:

Postby SnookerFan

Cue Guru wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Well, this is just brilliant isn't it. Higgins or Selby looked nailed on to win this.

If they do, I will wipe 2016 as the year the Worlds didn't take place. The title would be meaningless. At least Bingo won it on merit, playing great snooker. This is bucking dross from the dross-meister and his slow, grinding, cockwomble, teeth-pulling, bucket of marmite, butt ugly, so called effing snooker.

We wish we could wipe you from our memory.

Postby Cue Guru

Holden Chinaski wrote:Haven't seen anyone play anything close to the standard Barry and Ronnie produced in their match in this whole tournament so far.

In days gone by, players were scared of him but with sports psychos and better standards, practise and better technique, I firmly believe that some players will get up for big matches against the legends of snooker more than against other players. We've seen that in Round 1, where 7 seeds fell and we've seen it in round two where the GOAT fell. I fully expect Kyren and the Hawk to play dross; they've had there finals. It would be a tragedy if Round 2. produced the best match.

Last edited by Cue Guru on 26 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sickpotter

Cue Guru wrote:

Odd comment from a "snooker fan" reminiscent of whiny ROS fanboys who stop watching when Ronnie goes out.

May as well tune out now and save us your whining. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cue Guru wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Haven't seen anyone play anything close to the standard Barry and Ronnie produced in their match in this whole tournament so far.

In days gone by, players were scared of him but with sports psychos and better standards, practise and better technique, I firmly believe that some players will get up for big matches against the legends of snooker more than against other players. We've seen that in Round 1, where 7 seeds fell and we've seen it in round two where the GOAT fell. I fully expect Kyren and the Hawk to play dross; they've had there finals. It would be a tragedy if Round 2. produced the best match.

Those seeds just played crap. Fear factor had nothing to do with it.

You might want to have a look at the list of titles Ronnie's won from 2012 until now. Still winning a lot of tournaments. A lot more than the other forty year olds. He's still great. Fear factor or no fear factor.

Hawkins played fantastic. But remember this years Masters final: 10-1!

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

You might want to have a look at the list of titles Ronnie's won from 2012 until now. Still winning a lot of tournaments. A lot more than the other forty year olds. He's still great. Fear factor or no fear factor.

:goodpost:

Ronnie hasn't entered all tournaments, and still won the Masters and the Welsh Open. His fans on here have no faith in him. Two tournament wins, and as soon as he loses one decider people go "Uggggh! Decline."

Postby Cue Guru

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

The Masters was great ( :bowdown: ) but doesn't count towards ranking unfortunately. I'd like to see ROS enter more tournaments instead of all this exhibition stuff but I doubt he will. The last thing we want to see if the GOAT slip from the 16 and have to go through qualifying for Worlds '17.

Postby SnookerFan

Cue Guru wrote:

The nightmare scenario: folk like the Hawk, Kyren, do brilliantly to wipe out the talented, then play durge to leave the gate open to the grinders. Effing brilliant. :shc:

You not watching the Ding match? He looks fairly talented from where I'm sitting.

Postby Cheshire Cat

The 'Opens' begin next season, don't they? Irish, Scottish etc. Do we think O'Sullivan would enter those since they're 'home soil' in the UK as it were, or what?

Not sure if it's been discussed yet tbqh.

On topic, this is poor from Kyren. It really is.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:The 'Opens' begin next season, don't they? Irish, Scottish etc. Do we think O'Sullivan would enter those since they're 'home soil' in the UK as it were, or what?

Not sure if it's been discussed yet tbqh.

On topic, this is poor from Kyren. It really is.

The English Open is in Manchester. Bit far from Essex.