Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 26th) Quarter-Fin

Postby SnookerEd25

Skullman wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
QSM wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ding or Barry to win this now please. If not them, Kyren or MJW. Hell, I'd even take McManus or Fu.

But please, PLEASE not Higgins or Selby. Absolutely ANYONE but those two.

If we have a Higgins-Selby final i will end up supporting Selby for the first time ever. buck me, honest John winning, dont even want to think about it.

Selby-Higgins final? rofl

Talk about a devil's bargain. rofl

Where could one find this final granting devil? Just out of curiosity :john:

Under a bridge in Sheffield, hanging out with Virgo & a crate of Tennents Super

Postby TheRocket

I say it again. Ding won't get a better chance to win the World title. MJW and especially Higgins are big names, but they're not the players they once were and Ding always seems to play well against John.

Would love to see the winner of this match (Ding/MJW) goes on to win the title.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I look at the other table and if you showed me a screenshot of the way the balls are and asked me 'name a player that's playing in this frame' I would immediately say 'Mark Selby.'

First two frames have been a scrapfest.

Postby SnookerFan

I don't really have a favourite. In that I don't have one I want to win no matter what.

I do like Ding, and off I had to pick one of the last 8 to win, it's be him. I'd happily watch any of them liftbthe trophy. But Higgins, Selby and Williams have all won it before. Kyren will have many chances to win it.

Ding has struggled in Sheffield, and winning it would be a bigger deal for him.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Breaking news. Virgo tells us that Ding looked a bit edgy in the first frame of a World QF. More at 10.

SnookerFan wrote:I don't really have a favourite. In that I don't have one I want to win no matter what.

I do like Ding, and off I had to pick one of the last 8 to win, it's be him. I'd happily watch any of them liftbthe trophy. But Higgins, Selby and Williams have all won it before. Kyren will have many chances to win it.

Ding has struggled in Sheffield, and winning it would be a bigger deal for him.

^This. Pretty much the reason I want Bazza or Ding to win. Wouldn't complain about MJW winning though.

Postby Cue Guru

Cheshire Cat wrote:Selbs playing terrible and he looks to be going 3-0 up. Wouldn't be surprised if he won it this year.

Kyren really not in the match at all yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if he won it, to cap off a terrible Worlds where most of the talented players are gone before the quarters. Utterly underwhelming at the moment.