Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Iranu

How many "proper" tournaments did Ronnie play in this year? 5? I make that a 40% tournament success rate if so. Not a season to be depressed about however it may have ended.

I'm still buzzing from that match - that's what snooker is all about ladies and gentlemen.

A tense miss-fest is great for the oohs and aahs but nothing beats two players clashing at the top of their game.

Now, Barry, do yourself a favour and don't play like rubbish in the QF.

Postby Cue Guru

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I am seeing my friend on Friday to watch the semis. I have promised to buy champagne as Ronnie lost. :D

Yes, they hate Ronnie too.

How any snooker fan hates Ronnie after all the great matches Ronnie has given us, after all the centuries, after all the maximum breaks... I will never understand it. Ronnie is a good guy when it comes down to it as well. But that shouldnt even matter.

It's because I dispute the 'good guy' tag.

I have to like a person to root for them in sport. I don't like a person who assaults referees, I don't like a person who asks female journalists to give him a blow job, I don't like a person who walks out on a match just because he missed a shot, I don't like the way he threw Monique out if a match because she has the audacity to do her job.

I can think of one time when I have applauded his behaviour. (The way he stuck up for Ding in The Masters final, I applaud him for that.)

But asked from that, I don't believe Ronnie to be a good guy. Gifted snooker player? Yes. Genius? Yes. Good guy? No, he's the biggest hammer in snooker since Alex Higgins.

buck off you hammer, all you do you obese idiot is perv on members of the audience on here, the refs, women in hotels, endless bucking desperado cockwomble bull. Don't be giving Ronnie grief when you ain't a 1/4 of the man he is. Get a life saddoe.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Jester82 wrote:Deciders on snooker tables ar like penalties in a CL final...

Luck plays a huge part. Anything can happen in one frame.

The safety Barry played with the red coming down the table, so easily he could have left that on for Ronnie. And the safety Ronnie played just left the red as a shot to nothing on. Fine margins. You can't legislate for that. It's just luck.

Postby Holden Chinaski

QSM wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75bXKgratzM

Good interview, and in a way nice to see him so dissapointed, shows he still cares a hell of a lot about the game.

Very good interview! Love it. Much respect for Barry.

He knows his safety wasnt good enough.

He's also apologising for not doing the presser. Hat off Ronnie. Very honest interview. He obviously has some personal and mental issues. But some people just dont respect that.

Postby Skullman

Cue Guru wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I have to like a person to root for them in sport. I don't like a person who assaults referees, I don't like a person who asks female journalists to give him a blow job, I don't like a person who walks out on a match just because he missed a shot, I don't like the way he threw Monique out if a match because she has the audacity to do her job.

I can think of one time when I have applauded his behaviour. (The way he stuck up for Ding in The Masters final, I applaud him for that.)

But asked from that, I don't believe Ronnie to be a good guy. Gifted snooker player? Yes. Genius? Yes. Good guy? No, he's the biggest hammer in snooker since Alex Higgins.

buck off you hammer, all you do you obese idiot is perv on members of the audience on here, the refs, women in hotels, endless bucking desperado cockwomble bull. Don't be giving Ronnie grief when you ain't a 1/4 of the man he is. Get a life saddoe.

No need for that. SF's entitled to his opinion on Ronnie.

Postby Jester82

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Jester82 wrote:Deciders on snooker tables ar like penalties in a CL final...

Luck plays a huge part. Anything can happen in one frame.

The safety Barry played with the red coming down the table, so easily he could have left that on for Ronnie. And the safety Ronnie played just left the red as a shot to nothing on. Fine margins. You can't legislate for that. It's just luck.

I remember penalties in Istanbul or Munich, that's pretty much the same thing if you want...but in that case, Ronnie was no Liverpool in the end...but ya know that's how sports sometimes functions. It torments you for no reason...

Postby Jester82

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Good interview, and in a way nice to see him so dissapointed, shows he still cares a hell of a lot about the game.

He's also apologising for not doing the presser. Hat off Ronnie. Very honest interview. He obviously has some personal and mental issues. But some people just dont respect that.

No No No, not pity excuses, please, respect Barry's peformance!

Postby Cue Guru

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie didn't really start his season until the Masters and then only played in 3 more tournaments. With a Masters title and a Welsh Open against Robertson we shouldn't be too disappointed with the season.

Snooker is a real lottery. The WC winner could jump up the rankings like Bingo did. It's so hard to predict any tournaments, there are so many of them the players get tired and there's not much between them. Like Robbo, Ronnie's had a decent season, as has Judd, but none of the three best players of the season remain. Unless you count Higgins which no proper snooker fan ever should.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie always has the spotlight on him and his family. The gutter press loves him. He just can't handle that and I understand that. Other players dont have that kind of pressure. He also has mental issues and I know some people think thats bull but you dont know how it is. I know how it is.

Anyway. Loved the match it was epic. Goodnight all!

Postby SnookerFan

Cue Guru wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I am seeing my friend on Friday to watch the semis. I have promised to buy champagne as Ronnie lost. :D

Yes, they hate Ronnie too.

How any snooker fan hates Ronnie after all the great matches Ronnie has given us, after all the centuries, after all the maximum breaks... I will never understand it. Ronnie is a good guy when it comes down to it as well. But that shouldnt even matter.

:zzz:

I was asked my opinion. I gave it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Jester82 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Who's not respecting Barry's performance? I said he played like a god. Ronnie said he played fantastic. But Ronnie safety should be better. Takes nothing away from Barry.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Souvent wrote:All this talk of how high the level was and how amazing Hawkins is, but in the end we all know Selby - who has played poorly - is still much more likely to lift this trophy than Barry.

Because Hawkins is burned out now or because Selby is the better player?

Maybe just sod's law. As good a way as any at predicting snooker tournaments. Or at least it feels like it.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie always has the spotlight on him and his family. The gutter press loves him. He just can't handle that and I understand that. Other players dont have that kind of pressure. He also has mental issues and I know some people think thats bull but you dont know how it is. I know how it is.

Anyway. Loved the match it was epic. Goodnight all!

He gets it because fans are interested in him. How many times do people proudly boast he is box office, and gloat that he's the most talked about player in the world?

Postby Jester82

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Who's not respecting Barry's performance? I said he played like a god. Ronnie said he played fantastic. But Ronnie safety should be better. Takes nothing away from Barry.

It does a bit, but ok forget it....it was a great match, and ROS could not pull it in the end, that's sports...

Postby Cloud Strife

What an utterly heart-wrenching way to lose that was. That's ruined my night that has, I'm sure it will take me a while to get over.

That said, I couldn't be more proud to be a Ronnie O'Sullivan tonight. The way he fought back from 12-9 down shows he is and always be a champion of the highest caliber. He will be back and I still wouldn't rule out a sixth world title, although it's getting harder obviously.

Credit to Barry, he played an absolute blinder and deserved his win going by how the match panned out overall. I hope he now goes all the way and wins it, but that's doubtful since tonight's match will have taken a lot out of him and he's bound to be mentally shattered now.

Great match, great drama, that's what the world championship is all about. :hatoff: to both players.

Postby Iranu

Snooker Overdrive wrote:No retirement thoughts whatsoever from Ronnie this time. Hopefully he plays a lot more next season.

I think he needs to if he wants to keep consistently winning tournaments.

Sounds like he agrees, with his "ring rusty" comment.

Postby Cue Guru

Skullman wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

No need for that. SF's entitled to his opinion on Ronnie.

Yes, and I'm entitled to my opinion. If he's going to judge ROS by what he says and does, we can judge SF by the crap he uploads here. Posters think they can say anything but judge the players buy much higher values. Wrong, that's called hypocrisy. This guy posts constant off-topic rubbish, posts on three forums the same stuff to get attention, and most of it is sexist bull, food and drink related to his obesity, pointless nonsense about his mediocre life, and almost all of it far worse than anything Ronnie has said. He's a moron. If he wants to judge ROS, fine, he can do it while looking in a very large mirror.

Postby TheRocket

Surprised about Ronnies press conference. To be fair. I expected a really depressed ROS and I wouldn't have even blamed him if he had started his retirement talking again after that brutal knockout today but looks like he takes it philosophically.

I can't even imagine how painful it must be for a professional sportsman to lose like this.

Postby Iranu

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just wish Ronnie would have ended up in the quarter of death of the draw...

And I thought this was a good draw Ronnie got - having to play the Beast himself in the last 16...

The Beast is a better nickname than The Hawk.

I've always felt a player should have to earn a nickname rather than it just being a play on their actual name.

And my god has Barry earned the nickname The Beast in recent years.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Surprised about Ronnies press conference. To be fair. I expected a really depressed ROS and I wouldn't have even blamed him if he had started his retirement talking again after that brutal knockout today but looks like he takes it philosophically.

I can't even imagine how painful it must be for a professional sportsman to lose like this.

I thought it was quite refreshing, tbh. No point beating himself up over it.