Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Peak O'Sullivan has been beaten today. Rare moment in Snooker. Something only Hendry and Higgins achieved before in those multi session matches.

very very true mate.

This is sad no doubt, but Ronnie couldnt have played much better.

This isn't one of his most painful defeats for me though.

2006 Masters Final, way way worse. 2009 Uk Champs, worse too, 2010 Masters, worse as well.

Painful yes, but not the end of the world.

He'll be back, and win more titles. But the 6th Worlds is beggining to fade away.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Peak O'Sullivan has been beaten today. Rare moment in Snooker. Something only Hendry and Higgins achieved before in those multi session matches.

It was still a joy to see Ronnie perform so well.

Indeed.

And had his safety been better I think he would have won. But I take nothing away from Barry. Great perormance.

Postby Iranu

Skullman wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Nah, the 2011(?) UK semi against Higgins was worse, as was the 2014 World final.

2009? 8-2 to 8-8 and lost decider?

Yeah that's the one. Sorry, I was way off!

Anyway that one was worse. Such a drawn out come back and then that ridiculously thin cut by Higgins in the decider. That match still haunts me.

This one actually gives me hope that there's at least another WC in Ronnie yet.

Fair bucking play Barey Hawkins.

Postby TheRocket

It's just incredible if you think that Hawkins was a journeyman in the past. I've never seen any other player apart from the all-time greats who can play like this under the utmost pressure. Bingham being a World Champ and Hawkins not sound silly.

Hope for the sake of Barry that he doesn't play rubbish again in the next rounds.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:It's just incredible if you think that Hawkins was a journeyman in the past. I've never seen any other player apart from the all-time greats who can play like this under the utmost pressure. Bingham being a World Champ and Hawkins not sound silly.

Hope for the sake of Barry that he doesn't play rubbish again in the next rounds.

Wouldnt surprise me that after beating his nemesis for the last 14 years he played rubbish v Fu and lost.

This isn't taking away nothing from his win, but it has happened in the past.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Ronnie won't be too depressed. He said multiple times that he enjoys the high quality matches even if he ends up losing.

Any professional snooker player would be depressed after this. This will take some time to recover. But knowing, that he'll take a rest for like 4-5 months anyway, he'll be back , having already forgotten the things happened at the WC.
Last edited by TheRocket on 25 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:I am seeing my friend on Friday to watch the semis. I have promised to buy champagne as Ronnie lost. :D

Yes, they hate Ronnie too.

How any snooker fan hates Ronnie after all the great matches Ronnie has given us, after all the centuries, after all the maximum breaks... I will never understand it. Ronnie is a good guy when it comes down to it as well. But that shouldnt even matter.

Postby Iranu

Did Hawkins miss an easy pot all session? I can only remember the tricky cut back black and the difficult red birdging over the pack.

And it still took an in-off to beat Ronnie. That tells you everything you need to know about the quality of what we just witnessed.

And SOME PEOPLE buggered off down the pub to watch half a football match! Haha

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I am seeing my friend on Friday to watch the semis. I have promised to buy champagne as Ronnie lost. :D

How any snooker fan hates Ronnie after all the great matches Ronnie has given us, after all the centuries, after all the maximum breaks... I will never understand it. Ronnie is a good guy when it comes down to it as well. But that shouldnt even matter.

its preference.

Alex Higgins had people that didnt like him every player has people who like and hate them

Postby Wildey

SavoMilosevic wrote:The World Championship format is really brutal! Hawkins now has to play against Fu in less than 24 hours. And then the semifinals and the final without much rest as well. Why don't they give them a day between matches like they do in tennis?

rest is for wimps.

i want to see players knackered on their knees and still able to play the game.

love the bruttality

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

its preference.

Alex Higgins had people that didnt like him every player has people who like and hate them

I love Alex, but in all honesty he did some very nasty things as well. Some say the same about Ronnie, but Ronnie has shown a lot of respect and compassion for other players as well. And as good as Alex was, Ronnie is a lot better. But I'm a fan so yeah..

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

its preference.

I love Alex, but in all honesty he did some very nasty things as well. Some say the same about Ronnie, but Ronnie has shown a lot of respect and compassion for other players as well. And as good as Alex was, Ronnie is a lot better. But I'm a fan so yeah..

Hate the man by all means. But how can you hate the player after a match like that?

And you can't even say his fans are annoying because they were extremely fair tonight - this wasn't a partisan Masters crowd.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The world championship is a brutal tournament. Robbo is waiting now over 6 years for another title and he turned into a machine since then. Trump lost in the semis in a decider after blowing everyone away last year. Murphy let good chance slip for a second title. Selby needed so much time just to win the one. You get nothing for free at the crucible.

Postby Iranu

masterdoctorgenius wrote:it just sucks

but i knew it after he messed up the two frames before the MSI

wont follow the WC closely. had taken some days off if ronnie had played but not now

Mate you should do it anyway! You might enjoy watching matches where you don't feel like you're dying inside haha

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The world championship is a brutal tournament. Robbo is waiting now over 6 years for another title and he turned into a machine since then. Trump lost in the semis in a decider after blowing everyone away last year. Murphy let good chance slip for a second title. Selby needed so much time just to win the one. You get nothing for free at the crucible.

And what about Ding? He wants this title so bad he dreams about it at night..

Postby Iranu

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The world championship is a brutal tournament. Robbo is waiting now over 6 years for another title and he turned into a machine since then. Trump lost in the semis in a decider after blowing everyone away last year. Murphy let good chance slip for a second title. Selby needed so much time just to win the one. You get nothing for free at the crucible.

And yet some people think you can fluke being World Champion.