Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Am I the only one not buying the hype surrounding Kyren Wilson?

Selby will school him.

That match will certainly be interesting.

Selby won't give him an inch. A three-session match against one of the best match players in the world.

If Kyren wins, he's the real deal. Now how's he going to act?

Postby PLtheRef

Getting very interesting now with seven matches to go.

Table after Second Round (24/31 Matches)

132 SUNDAYGIRL 17 - 2
125 WILDEY 16 - 3
123 ALEX0PAUL 16 - 1
121 THECLEAVER 16 - 3
121 PLTHEREF 16 - 1
121 ERASERHEAD 15 - 3
119 SCOTTCORNO 16 - 2
118 SMART 15 - 3
117 MUPPET147 16 - 1
114 KRAZEEYEKILLA 15 - 2
113 SKULLMAN 15 - 2
112 KRUPPY 14 - 3
112 VODKADIET 14 - 2
107 JMAL1 14 - 4
104 AYRSHIREBHOY 14 - 3
101 SAVOMILOSEVIC 14 - 2
101 JPOPSNOOKER 14 - 1
101 FRIDGE46 13 - 3
100 CLOUD STRIFE 13 - 2
93 VOTESFORGOATS 13 - 2
91 SNOOKERLOVER 13 - 3
90 KING.KAUTO 13 - 0
80 ANDRE147 11 - 2
80 KOLOMPAR 10 - 2
79 RANDAM05 11 - 1
58 GJ 8 - 1

Quite a few lost points today for predicting maximums for O'Sullivan or Trump. Also with many going for Trump or O'Sullivan to reach the final just six have players involved in the finalists predictions - and only one has a prediction for a 147 going - to recover the 12 deducted for predicting four who haven't done it. Scottcorno is the highest ranked of anyone with a predicted winner still going.

Here's todays table

27 ALEX0PAUL
27 ERASERHEAD
27 SCOTTCORNO
24 VODKADIET
22 SUNDAYGIRL
20 SMART
17 PLTHEREF
17 KOLOMPAR
17 AYRSHIREBHOY
15 MUPPET147
15 KRAZEEYEKILLA
11 JMAL1
10 KRUPPY
9 VOTESFORGOATS
9 SNOOKERLOVER
9 THECLEAVER
7 SAVOMILOSEVIC
7 SKULLMAN
7 WILDEY
7 JPOPSNOOKER
7 FRIDGE46
0 CLOUD STRIFE
0 KING.KAUTO
0 ANDRE147
X RANDAM05
X GJ

And for the fun of it here's the Second Round table:

50 AYRSHIREBHOY
47 ALEX0PAUL
47 SCOTTCORNO
44 VODKADIET
37 KOLOMPAR
35 MUPPET147
34 SUNDAYGIRL
34 SMART
33 JMAL1
33 ERASERHEAD
33 WILDEY
31 PLTHEREF
29 THECLEAVER
29 KRAZEEYEKILLA
27 SAVOMILOSEVIC
27 FRIDGE46
25 JPOPSNOOKER
24 KRUPPY
23 KING.KAUTO
21 VOTESFORGOATS
21 SNOOKERLOVER
21 SKULLMAN
20 CLOUD STRIFE
12 ANDRE147
X RANDAM05
X GJ

A further note - Eraserhead submitted two predictions for the John Higgins v Ricky Walden second round match - one a 14-11 win for Higgins, and the second a 13-9 win for Higgins. - As these have not matched - the first one sent - the 14-11 one has been scored and therefore Eraserhead has received 7 points.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.

Worse in my eyes. This feels like the 6th World title's gone for ever.

How worse????

No no way mate.

Painful yes, but in no way comapres to the Hunter loss, Higgins losses at Masters and UK,, and Selby loss at the Masters.

The 1997 Masters Final from 8-4 up v Davis must have been painful too.

Nah, the 2014 World Final was worse than all of those (except 1997 which was before my time as a fan.) The minute Ronnie got to the final, I knew, didn't just think but KNEW, he would win his 6th crown. Selby or not, it was his third final in three years, he'd never lost a final, it was his chance to equal Davis's record. The stars had aligned. For that weekend only, I believed in destiny.

Then that pink happened.

That match was absolutely devastating.

97 was alright actually. I can't remember that much about it, but I don't recall being too upset at the time.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Did Ronnie play better than Robbo last year against Hawkins?

Ronnie was better overall the 25 frames, as Robbo was simply just alright in the first two sessions (as was Barry), but they both entered beast mode in the lat session.

Postby snooker_loopy

O'Sulivan's loss to Barry 'l finally beat Ronnie' Hawkins proves once and for all Stephen Hendry is the best player of them all.

Stephen Hendry - seven WC titles in one decade: 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999

Youngest-ever snooker World Champion, at the age of 21.

Ronnie 'I may quit, I'll decide in a few days time and then come back' O'Sullivan - five WC over 13 years: 2001, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2013.

Hendry more dominant over a shorter period of time. FACT. Also, O'Sullivan took longer to overtake Hendry's century breaks record. Hendry got to his figure 824 faster than O'Sullivan.

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Selby will school him.

You never get on the hype train so I'm not surprised <laugh>

You're right Snooker Overdrive.

Nice match from O'Sullivan. He played well. I think he would have won the title if he had won that match.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Did Ronnie play better than Robbo last year against Hawkins?

Ronnie was better overall the 25 frames, as Robbo was simply just alright in the first two sessions (as was Barry), but they both entered beast mode in the lat session.

What makes him so strong at the business end of matches here at the Crucible? He now beat Ronnie, Robbo, Selby, Ding in the last couple of years here.

Postby Cloud Strife

snooker_loopy wrote:O'Sulivan's loss to Barry 'l finally beat Ronnie' Hawkins proves once and for all Stephen Hendry is the best player of them all.

Stephen Hendry - seven WC titles in one decade: 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999

Ronnie 'I may quit, I'll decide in a few days time and then come back' O'Sullivan - five WC over 13 years: 2001, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2013.

Hendry more dominant over a shorter period of time. FACT. Also, O'Sullivan took longer to overtake Hendry's century breaks record. Hendry got to his figure 824 faster than O'Sullivan.

Load of bullocks mate, if you don't mind me saying so.

Postby Iranu

snooker_loopy wrote:
Hendry more dominant over a shorter period of time. FACT.

eh, that can be spun both ways. Hendry more dominant but for a shorter amount of time vs. Ronnie's far superior longevity.

And more importantly: who gives a flying buck about the greatest ever?
Last edited by Iranu on 25 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Selby will school him.

You never get on the hype train so I'm not surprised <laugh>

You're right Snooker Overdrive.

Nice match from O'Sullivan. He played well. I think he would have won the title if he had won that match.

Not 100% sure of course, but I think only a super Selby would stop him. Not even Higgins in the Final.

Postby Holden Chinaski

snooker_loopy wrote:O'Sulivan's loss to Barry 'l finally beat Ronnie' Hawkins proves once and for all Stephen Hendry is the best player of them all.

Jesus, not that debate again. <doh>

:stupid:

Ronnie's career aint over yet, son.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

What makes him so strong at the business end of matches here at the Crucible? He now beat Ronnie, Robbo, Selby, Ding in the last couple of years here.

Hell if I know. Maybe it's Griffiths magic :shrug:

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Jesus, not that debate again. <doh>

:stupid:

Ronnie's career aint over yet, son.

Some just to bring that endless debate everytime Ronnie loses.

I always find that debate :zzz:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:

Ronnie made 8 50s and 4 centuries in 12 frames he won.

i think today Barry put to bed the jinx of playing Ronnie.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,welll,welllllllllllllllllllllllllll,what a match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

An absoulte classic.

I have to say,even bfore the last session started,i was very nervous,in fact,it,s been ages since i was so nervous.

A BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG compliment to Ronnie,for playing great stuff and digging in and making a wonderful match of it.

When it got to 12-12,my hands were sweaty as buck,when Ron potted the first ball,i thought,oh no,don,t tell me he,s gonna pull it off,but luckily he did,nt.

Imagine what a story it have been,if he made the *147* he went for and then came back and won that decider after being about 55 odd behind i think it was,especially the way the balls were,now that just would,ve been absolute nuts oh hazelnuts. :dizzy:

Massive congrats to Barry,boy,he did,nt 1/2 play crackin stuff,all 3 sessions he managed to keep playin to a high standard and the 2,3 steals he pulled off were just awesome,that has to be one o the best,if not the best that he,s ever played.

It had to happen sometime,at least i was hoping that it,d happen,that someone was gonna step up and really punish Ron on his mistakes,don,t get me wrong,no discredit to Ronnie,but i was cheesed off a lot of times for a good long while now cause many of his opponents were gettin chances to put him away in certain matches,but most just could,nt.

I wrote it once,maybe even twice,2 times here bfore,that it was mainly cause of the fear factor that Ronnie had put into most of his opponents.

The same was with Hendry,there was lot o matches where he was there for the takin,but a lot o matches he won also due to the fear factor that he also had on many of his opponents,all the players just knew how damn dangerous and good he was,just like Ronnie and other greats like Davis,Higgins,Williams were/are.

On an other note though,i know it aint any consolation as such,losin 13-12,especially after playin solid,very good stuff yourself,is very hard to take,but even if Ron had of won this match,he,d still of had to win another 3 to have won the precious title for a 6th time.

It,s nuts in it,s self,as it,s very difficult to critsize anythin about this match,cause it was just so damn good,but if they,re is anything to critisize,then i,d personally say,it was Rons safety play,it was a tad off what he usually produces + he did miss a tiny bit more than Barry,a few times when he looked like winnin the frame.

Andy Spark i think it was,made a very good point,he wrote somethin along the lines of,Rons safety play was,nt as good as it usually is,maybe mainly cause of the exhibitions he,s done,he,s been pottin n pottin and maybe forgotten to brush up on his safety.

Commiserations to the Ronnie fans,as it is a very hard loss to take,but every player has had to suffer crazy,close defeats.

You should of seen how i felt when eg,Hendry lost the Masters on that respotted back Against MJW,or when he lost 18-17 to Ebdon at the 2002 worlds,i was like a zombie for about a week.
<laugh>

Well thats enuff from me for the mom,i,ve got go to bed and get out of it in another 4 hours.

Hard luck Ron.

:cracker: :happy: crackin stuff Barry!!. :happy: :cracker:

I,m just wondering,if there,s any point in going to bed,i,m still buzzing,Hendrys amazing 7 world title records is gettin safer n safer,although,it aint 100% sure until Ron retires and has,nt achieved equaling or beatin it. :roll: :-D

Postby masterdoctorgenius

dreamt last night that ronnie got the first chance in the decider and won it

then i woke up 3 am and realized what a nightmare it was

why couldnt have barry made a mistake

John higgins played absolute nob opposition so far. he himself blobbed so many balls so were ricky and day.

but barry refused to even miss a black off its spot.

heartbreaker. will he play to the same standard one years time? will he even play this year?

he played 4 proper tournaments (german masters qualies and cl excluded) this year

won two, lost in the other in the early stages in the decider after fighting back to take it to a decider. decider losses are so tough to take.

just like 2014 this year ronnie won the masters and the welsh but couldnt make something happen at WC. maybe he should stop this winning combination and try another one.

if barry not win the match vs fu (he can lose in the semis again) then i will be more disappointed. only wilson could deliver so far after causing an upset.

Postby PoolBoy

<laugh>
I'm still not sure about all this ranting from MDG! - something's telling me that he's an 'imposter' and is sitting at home snake hissing himself laughing while dreaming up his next outlandish post!

If not, then I'm not sure he really 'gets' snooker. The sense of 'entitlement' that Ronnie just needs to turn up to win is breath-taking! :shrug:

Postby masterdoctorgenius

PoolBoy wrote:<laugh>
I'm still not sure about all this ranting from MDG! - something's telling me that he's an 'imposter' and is sitting at home snake hissing himself laughing while dreaming up his next outlandish post!

If not, then I'm not sure he really 'gets' snooker. The sense of 'entitlement' that Ronnie just needs to turn up to win is breath-taking! :shrug:

i am everything but an imposter.
not an easy world when ROS and Fed lose matches which they should have won.

ronnie got two opponents who played above their normal peak potential. both times ronnie played near his best to beat one and lost to the other in a decider.

look how lucky selby and higgins got so far. missing so many easy balls but still are in the QFs. Barry didnt miss anything

now i know how vodka and GJ felt last year and this year at the masters when robbo lost when playing his best, dreadful feeling

now be prepared that barry will have nothing left in the tank.
Last edited by masterdoctorgenius on 26 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.