Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Joking apart don't get all doom-and-gloom and assume Ronnie will lose, he will give it his best and he has champion qualities above and beyond any player left in the tournament. Write him off at your peril, he knows what he needs to do and he won't give up without a fight.

For buck sakes, he's two frames down in a best of 25.

You lot are making it sound like Barry only needs one frame for victory. <doh>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Two frame advantage is nothing. We all know Ronnie can win four frames in a row like it's nothing. Having said that, Hawkins was playing his absolute best and looked very focused. But Ronnie's the best so there's no reason he can't win.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Two frame advantage is nothing. We all know Ronnie can win four frames in a row like it's nothing. Having said that, Hawkins was playing his absolute best and looked very focused. But Ronnie's the best so there's no reason he can't win.

No, I'm not suggesting that Hawkins can't win. He's obviously capable of doing it. My worry is will he struggle if the match goes close? Will he be able to cross the line? It's been a long time since he's actually beat Ronnie.

He's obviously put to bed the 10-1 loss at The Masters though. So, hopefully he won't mentally fall apart.

Really what annoys me, is reading a lot of the posts here, it suggests that Ronnie is a ranking amateur incapable of overturning a two frame lead.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Two frame advantage is nothing. We all know Ronnie can win four frames in a row like it's nothing. Having said that, Hawkins was playing his absolute best and looked very focused. But Ronnie's the best so there's no reason he can't win.

No, I'm not suggesting that Hawkins can't win. He's obviously capable of doing it. My worry is will he struggle if the match goes close? Will he be able to cross the line? It's been a long time since he's actually beat Ronnie.

He's obviously put to bed the 10-1 loss at The Masters though. So, hopefully he won't mentally fall apart.

Really what annoys me, is reading a lot of the posts here, it suggests that Ronnie is a ranking amateur incapable of overturning a two frame lead.

The voice of reason.

People just need to accept that Hawk has been there and done that, this is hardly a surprise. He beat Selby en route to the final in 2013 and he beat Robbo last year, so the game is there. Maybe to the 'mainstream' snooker fans, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Hawk won today.

Still, I think Ronnie will come good in the end. Just a vibe.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:Joking apart don't get all doom-and-gloom and assume Ronnie will lose, he will give it his best and he has champion qualities above and beyond any player left in the tournament. Write him off at your peril, he knows what he needs to do and he won't give up without a fight.

I believe you have already been warned about your disgraceul language. Rainman will hopefully ban you.

Postby mantorok

I'm more disappointed that they're not playing this afternoon and have to drag it out until the evening, I don't want my night potentially ruined!

I understand what you're saying SF but I do think it's the voice of reason, Hawkins has been really good so either result will come as no surprise, just being realistic.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I believe you have already been warned about your disgraceul language. Rainman will hopefully ban you.

My understanding was that it was the use of the C-Word that Wild didn't like. He drops f-bombs pretty regularly himself.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is Ronnie's session tonight more important than the second session against Robbo in the Welsh open final?

A players most important session should always be the next one they're due to play.

Ronnie would've put importance on the Welsh Open final session, because he needed to win it to take a ranking event. That's entirely irrelevant to today's session. He needs to go out and win it to get into the Quarter-Finals. That's happening now.

Postby mantorok

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is Ronnie's session tonight more important than the second session against Robbo in the Welsh open final?

I think it is, to be able to overcome this huge banana-skin sets him in good stead for the rest of the tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

How long do you reckon it'll take Higgins to finish off Walden tonight? There's a pub next door to my flat, 70-seconds from my living room. (Yes, I timed it once.) I wonder if there's any chance of me getting there for the second half of Tottenham vs West Brom at 9pm.

Technically, if Higgins made three quick fire centuries, I could make it in time for kick off at 8pm. But I doubt it after yesterday's miss-a-thon session.

Postby mantorok

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
QSM wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:think ronnie will win tonight.

Look at this optimism! Who has hacked your account? :chuckle:

i have someting in my urine that tells me ronnie will be up for it.

Brilliant, I think you've just jinxed it, this is the first time I've seen optimism from you and I bet it will be the one time that he now goes and loses it!!