Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Jester82

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Jester82 wrote:Stop whining like a nancy...jesus...

cause ur players still are in the tournament

Well, look at last year, when Selby really sucked...or Higgins...I was dissapointed, expressed it but got over it which everyone does normally when his favs leave...just like all the tournaments before when Selby or Higgins were defeated.

I think ya old enough to get over it, aren't ya?

And I don't think Overdrive or Andre sitting at home wetting their cushions with tears of sadness...

Postby TheRocket

Hasn't quite sunk in yet but in professional sports there has to be a winner and a loser.

That match yesterday reminded me a little bit of that Bayern-Chelsea final or Barcelona-Chelsea semi in the 2012 champions league when Barcelona and Bayern worked their butts off, tried so hard but the Chelsea defense was just like a wall like Barrys safety game was and incredible mental strength as well against the powerful Barca/Bayern forwards. And they punished every half-mistake of the Barca/Bayern defense like Barry did with the ROS safeties when clinching like three or four frames on the colours which just force you to submission really and destroys you mentally.

After the match you thought, well how did Bayern or Barcelona lose after playing that well but it did happen against a team who was just there for the taking.

You can't give Barry enough credit really. For what he's been doing since 4 years here at the Crucible. And last year he had an even poorer season but still beat a peak Robertson in the quarters and reached the semis. The way he handles the pressure is just insane.

But saying that, I still don't think, he'll keep up that standard for the rest of the tournament. If he does, all credit to him but the last two years make me believe, he won't which makes the ROS-defeat yesterday even more hard to take.

Postby sundaygirl

SUNDAYGIRL » APRIL 24TH, 2016, 8:51 AM

Good Luck Ding
Good Luck Kyren
Good Luck Barry
Best of Luck Ricky

All went well apart from the one I cared about the most :irk:

However these results have put me back to the top of the prediction contest :boo:
Was happier lurking near the top of the chasing pack I'm not a good front runner

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I am seeing my friend on Friday to watch the semis. I have promised to buy champagne as Ronnie lost. :D

Yes, they hate Ronnie too.

How any snooker fan hates Ronnie after all the great matches Ronnie has given us, after all the centuries, after all the maximum breaks... I will never understand it. Ronnie is a good guy when it comes down to it as well. But that shouldnt even matter.

It's because I dispute the 'good guy' tag.

I have to like a person to root for them in sport. I don't like a person who assaults referees, I don't like a person who asks female journalists to give him a blow job, I don't like a person who walks out on a match just because he missed a shot, I don't like the way he threw Monique out if a match because she has the audacity to do her job.

I can think of one time when I have applauded his behaviour. (The way he stuck up for Ding in The Masters final, I applaud him for that.)

But asked from that, I don't believe Ronnie to be a good guy. Gifted snooker player? Yes. Genius? Yes. Good guy? No, he's the biggest hammer in snooker since Alex Higgins.

You're are hating on a guy who suffers from bi-polar depression. That's a pretty lame. The walk out - have you ever been seriously depressed and had to perform your skill in front of a thousand people? No - you were probably able to pull your duvet back over your head, ahve the day off and and go back to sleep. Even Hendry fully understood what happened and felt genuine care for him at the time. Hendry went up in my estimation that day.

Have you actually watched the Chinese press conference where he made that infamous remark? It was a flippant laddy comment made when he thought the mic was off. I've made the same kind of remarks to my mates, and I bet you have too. And I'm only a semi-git.

I think you've decided that you hate him, irrationally, and you use those incidents to back up your irrational hate.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I am seeing my friend on Friday to watch the semis. I have promised to buy champagne as Ronnie lost. :D

How any snooker fan hates Ronnie after all the great matches Ronnie has given us, after all the centuries, after all the maximum breaks... I will never understand it. Ronnie is a good guy when it comes down to it as well. But that shouldnt even matter.

I have to like a person to root for them in sport. I don't like a person who assaults referees, I don't like a person who asks female journalists to give him a blow job, I don't like a person who walks out on a match just because he missed a shot, I don't like the way he threw Monique out if a match because she has the audacity to do her job.

I can think of one time when I have applauded his behaviour. (The way he stuck up for Ding in The Masters final, I applaud him for that.)

But asked from that, I don't believe Ronnie to be a good guy. Gifted snooker player? Yes. Genius? Yes. Good guy? No, he's the biggest hammer in snooker since Alex Higgins.

You're are hating on a guy who suffers from bi-polar depression. That's a pretty lame. The walk out - have you ever been seriously depressed and had to perform your skill in front of a thousand people? No - you were probably able to pull your duvet back over your head, ahve the day off and and go back to sleep. Even Hendry fully understood what happened and felt genuine care for him at the time. Hendry went up in my estimation that day.

Have you actually watched the Chinese press conference where he made that infamous remark? It was a flippant laddy comment made when he thought the mic was off. I've made the same kind of remarks to my mates, and I bet you have too. And I'm only a semi-git.

I think you've decided that you hate him, irrationally, and you use those incidents to back up your irrational hate.

Dan-Cat! :clap: :bowdown:

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Dan-Cat! :clap: :bowdown:

That was a wonderful, wonderful post. One of the best ever, IMO. :bowdown: