Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Jester82

Cue Guru wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
It's because I dispute the 'good guy' tag.

I have to like a person to root for them in sport. I don't like a person who assaults referees, I don't like a person who asks female journalists to give him a blow job, I don't like a person who walks out on a match just because he missed a shot, I don't like the way he threw Monique out if a match because she has the audacity to do her job.

I can think of one time when I have applauded his behaviour. (The way he stuck up for Ding in The Masters final, I applaud him for that.)

But asked from that, I don't believe Ronnie to be a good guy. Gifted snooker player? Yes. Genius? Yes. Good guy? No, he's the biggest hammer in snooker since Alex Higgins.


buck off you hammer, all you do you obese idiot is perv on members of the audience on here, the refs, women in hotels, endless bucking desperado cockwomble bull. Don't be giving Ronnie grief when you ain't a 1/4 of the man he is. Get a life saddoe.


No need for that. SF's entitled to his opinion on Ronnie.


Yes, and I'm entitled to my opinion. If he's going to judge ROS by what he says and does, we can judge SF by the crap he uploads here. Posters think they can say anything but judge the players buy much higher values. Wrong, that's called hypocrisy. This guy posts constant off-topic rubbish, posts on three forums the same stuff to get attention, and most of it is sexist bull, food and drink related to his obesity, pointless nonsense about his mediocre life, and almost all of it far worse than anything Ronnie has said. He's a moron. If he wants to judge ROS, fine, he can do it while looking in a very large mirror.


Well yes, but they call it inventory...

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Surprised about Ronnies press conference. To be fair. I expected a really depressed ROS and I wouldn't have even blamed him if he had started his retirement talking again after that brutal knockout today but looks like he takes it philosophically.

I can't even imagine how painful it must be for a professional sportsman to lose like this.


Like I said. Ronnie is really down on himself if he can't perform despite wanting to win badly, like last year. He did nothing wrong this year, all you can do is take your hat off and congratulate your opponent.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby SnookerFan

Cue Guru wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
It's because I dispute the 'good guy' tag.

I have to like a person to root for them in sport. I don't like a person who assaults referees, I don't like a person who asks female journalists to give him a blow job, I don't like a person who walks out on a match just because he missed a shot, I don't like the way he threw Monique out if a match because she has the audacity to do her job.

I can think of one time when I have applauded his behaviour. (The way he stuck up for Ding in The Masters final, I applaud him for that.)

But asked from that, I don't believe Ronnie to be a good guy. Gifted snooker player? Yes. Genius? Yes. Good guy? No, he's the biggest hammer in snooker since Alex Higgins.


buck off you hammer, all you do you obese idiot is perv on members of the audience on here, the refs, women in hotels, endless bucking desperado cockwomble bull. Don't be giving Ronnie grief when you ain't a 1/4 of the man he is. Get a life saddoe.


No need for that. SF's entitled to his opinion on Ronnie.


Yes, and I'm entitled to my opinion. If he's going to judge ROS by what he says and does, we can judge SF by the crap he uploads here. Posters think they can say anything but judge the players buy much higher values. Wrong, that's called hypocrisy. This guy posts constant off-topic rubbish, posts on three forums the same stuff to get attention, and most of it is sexist bull, food and drink related to his obesity, pointless nonsense about his mediocre life, and almost all of it far worse than anything Ronnie has said. He's a moron. If he wants to judge ROS, fine, he can do it while looking in a very large mirror.


Okay. :shrug:

You seem very hurt by my opinion on Ronnie. You are entitled to your opinion on me, and you may post it. I am not bothered what you say about me. You on the other hand, are clearly bothered by my opinion on Ronnie. That is also your right.

I have no problem with you Cue Guru, and hope that we can chat more about snooker, even if we disagree. :hatoff:

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby snucar

Absolutely gutted. He had Barry totally eclipsed in the end and he wasn't in that bad of a position when the white went in-off. The pots he made to get those reds with high valued colors were stunning considering the pressure and the table he had to take on. Right bloody bucket sucked like a hoover.
Last edited by snucar on 25 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Worse in my eyes. This feels like the 6th World title's gone for ever.

Strange, it's given me the opposite feeling. It's rekindled my faith after losing it last year.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Not for me. Maybe it's because I'm a bit older / more mature now. Maybe it's because Hawkins isn't Ronnie's nemesis. Maybe it's because there wasn't a title on the line today. Maybe it's because it wasn't a huge comeback.

However this is a very hard loss, no doubt.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Worse in my eyes. This feels like the 6th World title's gone for ever.


How worse????

No no way mate.

Painful yes, but in no way comapres to the Hunter loss, Higgins losses at Masters and UK,, and Selby loss at the Masters.

The 1997 Masters Final from 8-4 up v Davis must have been painful too.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Worse in my eyes. This feels like the 6th World title's gone for ever.

Strange, it's given me the opposite feeling. It's rekindled my faith after losing it last year.

That's how I feel. Ronnie's had defeats like this before. Been there done that. He still wants it and still plays great. Cant ask for anything more.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Worse in my eyes. This feels like the 6th World title's gone for ever.


He'll get another chance. Remember this was just the last 16. It's not like he lost the decider of the World Final.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Not for me. Maybe it's because I'm a bit older / more mature now. Maybe it's because Hawkins isn't Ronnie's nemesis. Maybe it's because there wasn't a title on the line today. Maybe it's because it wasn't a huge comeback.

However this is a very hard loss, no doubt.


Couldn't agree more.

Life goes on as jester said, that's sport.

Hard to take, but we move on. Great tournament still ahead of us..

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby vodkadiet

I know John Higgins wasn't at his best in the match with Rodney Trotter, but I think he will want a quick kill against 'Angles', to keep him fresh for the 5 days of one table action he will be involved in before capturing the title this time next week.

John Higgins is a legend of the baize.

Judd Trump is a legend in Burger King!

The world of snooker should be eternally grateful that 'The Wizard of Wishaw' stopped the 'Bristol Chav' from winning the title in 2011.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Worse in my eyes. This feels like the 6th World title's gone for ever.

Strange, it's given me the opposite feeling. It's rekindled my faith after losing it last year.

That's how I feel. Ronnie's had defeats like this before. Been there done that. He still wants it and still plays great. Cant ask for anything more.


The defeats to Selby and Higgins at the Crucible felt worse in my opinion. He should have put Higgins and Selby away in 2010 and 2011 but he folded once the pressure was on. And I don't even want to mention the 2014 final.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Worse in my eyes. This feels like the 6th World title's gone for ever.


How worse????

No no way mate.

Painful yes, but in no way comapres to the Hunter loss, Higgins losses at Masters and UK,, and Selby loss at the Masters.

The 1997 Masters Final from 8-4 up v Davis must have been painful too.


Yes. You have a point. But the WC always feels different And I just looked at the stats. 4 centuries, 4 80's, a 90 and 2 60's or like that and he still lost that match. I've never seen ROS trying so hard out there. But all for nothing. This feels worse than anything.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Jester82

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Worse in my eyes. This feels like the 6th World title's gone for ever.

Strange, it's given me the opposite feeling. It's rekindled my faith after losing it last year.

That's how I feel. Ronnie's had defeats like this before. Been there done that. He still wants it and still plays great. Cant ask for anything more.


The defeats to Selby and Higgins at the Crucible felt worse in my opinion. He should have put Higgins and Selby away in 2010 and 2011 but he folded once the pressure was on. And I don't even want to mention the 2014 final.


Oh, I remember 2014 very well, that break from Selby with the black at the end, oh I suffered so much but it was so much worth waiting for...

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Souvent

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Souvent wrote:All this talk of how high the level was and how amazing Hawkins is, but in the end we all know Selby - who has played poorly - is still much more likely to lift this trophy than Barry.


Because Hawkins is burned out now or because Selby is the better player?


Because Selby never goes away.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Jester82

Skullman wrote:
Jester82 wrote:For the 2006 Masters, one needed a pacemaker honestly that was insane....


I know what happens and I still think that red to middle Higgins plays won't drop...


Bur it did :spot on: rofl Scotland forever

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:That defeat is up there with the 2006 Masters final loss and the UK Semi loss to Higgins.


Worse in my eyes. This feels like the 6th World title's gone for ever.


How worse????

No no way mate.

Painful yes, but in no way comapres to the Hunter loss, Higgins losses at Masters and UK,, and Selby loss at the Masters.

The 1997 Masters Final from 8-4 up v Davis must have been painful too.

Nah, the 2014 World Final was worse than all of those (except 1997 which was before my time as a fan.) The minute Ronnie got to the final, I knew, didn't just think but KNEW, he would win his 6th crown. Selby or not, it was his third final in three years, he'd never lost a final, it was his chance to equal Davis's record. The stars had aligned. For that weekend only, I believed in destiny.

Then that pink happened.

That match was absolutely devastating.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby TheRocket

But I suppose, if you had a really tough defeat , one of the worst, the current one always stick up your mind. And so does it here. I probably change my opinion just in a few days. <laugh>

Definitely nothing worse than losing the deciding frame on the final black so yeah, that 2006 Masters final must be the worst one I suppose.