Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Monday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:The world championship is a brutal tournament. Robbo is waiting now over 6 years for another title and he turned into a machine since then. Trump lost in the semis in a decider after blowing everyone away last year. Murphy let good chance slip for a second title. Selby needed so much time just to win the one. You get nothing for free at the crucible.

And what about Ding? He wants this title so bad he dreams about it at night..

And Ding of course! Won everything in the game, an all time great talent but still no title.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Peak O'Sullivan has been beaten today. Rare moment in Snooker. Something only Hendry and Higgins achieved before in those multi session matches.

very very true mate.

This is sad no doubt, but Ronnie couldnt have played much better.

This isn't one of his most painful defeats for me though.

2006 Masters Final, way way worse. 2009 Uk Champs, worse too, 2010 Masters, worse as well.

Painful yes, but not the end of the world.

He'll be back, and win more titles. But the 6th Worlds is beggining to fade away.

For me it was to be honest. I've been watching Snooker since 2003 and this feels even worse than the Masters 2006 or 2010. It was like the final knockout punch. Has ROS ever played this well and lost in his career? He was more than ready to win his sixth title. Will he ever reach this level again in the future World Championships? Questionable at least.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The world championship is a brutal tournament. Robbo is waiting now over 6 years for another title and he turned into a machine since then. Trump lost in the semis in a decider after blowing everyone away last year. Murphy let good chance slip for a second title. Selby needed so much time just to win the one. You get nothing for free at the crucible.

There's only one a year, so many good players will always be disappointed.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I hope this gives Barry Hawkins the confidence he needs to win the World Title. ROS threw the kitchen sink at him and that still wasn't enough.

Nonetheless, after a performance like that.. thank you ROS for a tremendous display of bottle and break-building with back firmly against the wall. No choking, no nothing, just beaten by the better man.<ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie claims time and again he hates snooker and wants to retire.

Last week, he refused to spend five minutes doing an interview for his fans who have been begging him not to retire for years.

bullocks to him. If he hates performing for snooker fans, I have no interest in watching him.

Ding vs Williams is the quarter final I wish to see.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Peak O'Sullivan has been beaten today. Rare moment in Snooker. Something only Hendry and Higgins achieved before in those multi session matches.

very very true mate.

2006 Masters Final, way way worse. 2009 Uk Champs, worse too, 2010 Masters, worse as well.

He'll be back, and win more titles. But the 6th Worlds is beggining to fade away.

Has ROS ever played this well and lost in his career? .

Are you kidding me? He's played even better and lost against Hendry and Higgins in the past!

Postby ScottCorno

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I am seeing my friend on Friday to watch the semis. I have promised to buy champagne as Ronnie lost. :D

Yes, they hate Ronnie too.

How any snooker fan hates Ronnie after all the great matches Ronnie has given us, after all the centuries, after all the maximum breaks... I will never understand it. Ronnie is a good guy when it comes down to it as well. But that shouldnt even matter.

The pantomime that surrounds him doesn't help.

Hate is perhaps too strong a word, certainly cheering on Hawkins though.

Sucker punch for the ticket touts too; values have just plummeted :clap:

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Holden Chinaski wrote:I still can't believe how cool Ronnie seemed to be in those last frames.. The man has nerves of steel, still after all these years. Hat off! He was damn close!

but he lost. u cant buy anything for that.

all the momentum going into the decider but still couldnt do it.

better lose 9-13 than coming back and lose it this way. it hurts

9th frame this match, pink vs selby in 2014 i will never forget

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

very very true mate.

Are you kidding me? He's played even better and lost against Hendry and Higgins in the past!

Tell me one or two matches where he did.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie claims time and again he hates snooker and wants to retire.

Last week, he refused to spend five minutes doing an interview for his fans who have been begging him not to retire for years.

bullocks to him. If he hates performing for snooker fans, I have no interest in watching him.

Ding vs Williams is the quarter final I wish to see.

Did you see this match? Looked like he wanted to be there.

Who cares about press conferences. The man has been giving us snooker from the gods since 1992!
He takes time to make a tv program where he promotes snooker and the other players... But he's troubled and has tantrums sometimes. Who cares? He's still performing at the top at age forty! He's made 13 maxi's for the fans as well, but its never enough is it?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:all andres fault hehehe

That's true! God damn it, I hate it he's always right.

Very sory folks :emb:

That was just the way I saw the match going. :shrug:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I still can't believe how cool Ronnie seemed to be in those last frames.. The man has nerves of steel, still after all these years. Hat off! He was damn close!

but he lost. u cant buy anything for that.

all the momentum going into the decider but still couldnt do it.

better lose 9-13 than coming back and lose it this way. it hurts

9th frame this match, pink vs selby in 2014 i will never forget

The pressure reverses if you make the comeback and force the decider - the advantage swings back to the hunted player, all of a sudden he's got nothing to lose anymore. Only Higgins and Selby at their best seem to be immune.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I am seeing my friend on Friday to watch the semis. I have promised to buy champagne as Ronnie lost. :D

Yes, they hate Ronnie too.

How any snooker fan hates Ronnie after all the great matches Ronnie has given us, after all the centuries, after all the maximum breaks... I will never understand it. Ronnie is a good guy when it comes down to it as well. But that shouldnt even matter.

It's because I dispute the 'good guy' tag.

I have to like a person to root for them in sport. I don't like a person who assaults referees, I don't like a person who asks female journalists to give him a blow job, I don't like a person who walks out on a match just because he missed a shot, I don't like the way he threw Monique out if a match because she has the audacity to do her job.

I can think of one time when I have applauded his behaviour. (The way he stuck up for Ding in The Masters final, I applaud him for that.)

But asked from that, I don't believe Ronnie to be a good guy. Gifted snooker player? Yes. Genius? Yes. Good guy? No, he's the biggest hammer in snooker since Alex Higgins.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

very very true mate.

Tell me one or two matches where he did.

2006 Masters final.

1997 Liverpool Victoria challenge final...