Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sun April 24th) Last 16 !

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

After a first round of shocks, some normality resumes as so far the higher ranked players have all made it through to the quarters.

The penultimate day of the second round has the final two last 16 matches starting, 5th seed Judd Trump facing Ding Junhui in a repeat of the 2011 World semi final, and 7th seed Mark Allen facing Shanghai Masters champion Kyren Wilson. As for two most successful players on tour, Ronnie O'Sullivan will be hoping to turn his match around in his second session, while John Higgins will try to maintain or extend his lead.

There are no scheduled finishes today but any of the eight players can put themselves in a very good position for an easy finish tomorrow.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Sunday 23rd of April

10am

Judd Trump v Ding Junhui 6-6
Mark Allen v Kyren Wilson Allen leads 3-1

2:30pm

Ricky Walden 3-5 John Higgins Higgins leads 4-3
Barry Hawkins 5-3 Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 10-1

7pm

Judd Trump v Ding Junhui 6-6
Mark Allen v Kyren Wilson Allen leads 3-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 24th) Last 16 !

Postby Cheshire Cat

Skullman wrote:Incidentally, 8 days into the championship and there have been 50 centuries made. Obviously this is because the standards are getting higher all the time and no other reason...

World Bucket Championship 2016. Show some respect for this great event.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Good thing Selby won or otherwise, I'd look pretty silly putting up that thing with the higher ranked player winning I forgot I wrote five hours ago :emb:

<laugh>

Postby Andre147

I'll be able to watch the evening session tomorrow and some of the afternoon.

Good luck...

Ding, Kyren, Walden and of course Rocket Ronnie.

I feel Ronnie definately has to up his game, I mean.. he didn't play bad, 2 tons and an 80 suggest otherwise, but as they say it only wins you 3 frames.

But the fingernail thing he brought at 3-3 made him lose his focus, lol. WHatever it was he lost his focus there.

Despite being beaten 10 times in a row, this run won't last forever if they continue to meet. Barry is a beast at Crucible and has the game to beat Ronnie. Hopefully this isn't Bingham 2015 WC all over again. Hopefully it's Ronnie like 2012 when he was 5-3 down v Robbo and turned it around.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Tbf I think O'sullivan fans should be happy with how he played rather than the scoreline. It could easily have been 6-2 or worse with how superb Hawkins was playing. The question is now asked of the Hawk: can he produce that standard again?

5-3 is game on. 6-2, if you're brutally honest, just about game over.

Postby Muppet147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Tbf I think O'sullivan fans should be happy with how he played rather than the scoreline. It could easily have been 6-2 or worse with how superb Hawkins was playing. The question is now asked of the Hawk: can he produce that standard again?

I think you must have been watching a different match to me. O'Sullivan made two breaks of 100 plus and and 80. How on Earth could Hawkins have won the session 6-2.

I think 4-4 would have been a fairer reflection on the day.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Muppet147 wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Tbf I think O'sullivan fans should be happy with how he played rather than the scoreline. It could easily have been 6-2 or worse with how superb Hawkins was playing. The question is now asked of the Hawk: can he produce that standard again?

I think you must have been watching a different match to me. O'Sullivan made two breaks of 100 plus and and 80. How on Earth could Hawkins have won the session 6-2.

Because it doesn't matter how well you play if the other guy is playing better? Centuries only win you single frames. Hawkins was the better player, deserved whatever he got.

Anyway, I expect ROS to win this session or get out evens like Muppet says.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Because it doesn't matter how well you play if the other guy is playing better? Centuries only win you single frames. Hawkins was the better player, deserved whatever he got.

Anyway, I expect ROS to win this session or get out evens like Muppet says.

Yeah, but two centuries and an 80 wins you three frames. So how would he have lost 6-2?