Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 24th) Last 16 !

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby is world number one and was crumbling and playing like an amateur against number 59 who was also struggling. He could not pot a bal at one point. This match is in no way the same.

Spot on. Wildey just being clueless as usual.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Ding has been snake hiss poor and he's still the better player by far.

Notice how he's not getting called amateurish like Selby was last night.

yup ive noticed alright

that is my main gripe with forums like these double standards i have always been honest no matter who the players are

Ding isn't playing as badly as Selby was.

he is just Baird was playing better than Trump is

No way man. Selby was way worse. It was pathetic. Sorry.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Ding has been snake hiss poor and he's still the better player by far.

yup ive noticed alright

that is my main gripe with forums like these double standards i have always been honest no matter who the players are

I disagree, Ding isn't missing the easy balls or struggling for position like Selby was. Most of his breaking down has come from poor/tentative cannons more than anything else.

I like Selby a lot but he played really poorly last night.

Postby TheRocket

The ROS-Hawkins much is like a completely different class to any other second round match I've seen so far. Watching that match and then this one between Ding and Trump is like day and night.

If the winner of the ROS/Hawkins match can keep up that standard for the rest of the tournament I can't see any other player coming even close to beat them..

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

yup ive noticed alright

I disagree, Ding isn't missing the easy balls or struggling for position like Selby was. Most of his breaking down has come from poor/tentative cannons more than anything else.

I like Selby a lot but he played really poorly last night.

Indeed.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Somehow this Trump v Ding match is even worse than last year.

What do you mean worse than last year? Judd was awesome last year.

Neither are average this time around.

I mean watching as a neutral expecting a close and high quality match. Last year it was completely one sided with Trump playing brilliantly. This year it's also one sided but without a player delivering a good performance.