Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 24th) Last 16 !

Postby GJ

Muppet

If you say so , whats their grand total of ranking titles , it may take you some time to count them all .............

Postby Cue Guru

Skullman wrote:Judd gets out 10-6. Still not much of a chance, but he's better off than 11-5.

Ding and TG will be most happy. He's played a B game and maintained his lead. Big mouth has had a go and failed to claw back. If Ding can raise his game, he should win. We know Trump will come out guns blazing, it's worked before so Ding must be ready and fierce enough to match him.

Postby Cue Guru

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
GJ wrote:
Lucky wrote:Ding is entitled to be a little jaded if he wins this frame he's half way to the title 51 frames under his belt just another 50 needed.

He did get as easy a quallies draw as possible and had a week between last quallies match and his opener here ;-)

Robbo had a good draw against Holt as well :chuckle:

Yes he did , holt played the match of his life and its a fluke judging by his pathetic effort against his pal willo :-D

No fluke at all. Holty taught Robbo a snooker lesson. He now owns Robbo, as does Milky.

rofl

Postby Lucky

GJ wrote:Lucky

I think if ding was in better physical shape it wouldn't be an issue but I doubt hes a gym goer like Ronnie and others.

This isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I think Ronnie is done. He looks dis-interested. I honestly think this could be the last time we see him. I deeply hope I'm wrong but I can see him losing and calling it a day. As for the others I believe snooker needs a new champion to step up and take the sport by the scruff of the neck.

Postby Andy Spark

Watching Ding Junhui Vs Judd Trump after Ronnie V Barry Hawkins is like watching third division football after premiership football. They really need to tighten the pockets!

Postby Andy Spark

Lucky wrote:

I think if ding was in better physical shape it wouldn't be an issue but I doubt hes a gym goer like Ronnie and others.

This isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I think Ronnie is done. He looks dis-interested. I honestly think this could be the last time we see him. I deeply hope I'm wrong but I can see him losing and calling it a day. As for the others I believe snooker needs a new champion to step up and take the sport by the scruff of the neck.

Disagree.

Postby GJ

Lucky wrote:

Would be sad to see Ronnie go he brings so much to the game.

:-(

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:Watching Ding Junhui Vs Judd Trump after Ronnie V Barry Hawkins is like watching third division football after premiership football. They really need to tighten the pockets!

I'm not sure that would help improve Ding v Judd...

Postby Lucky

GJ wrote:
Lucky wrote:

Would be sad to see Ronnie go he brings so much to the game.

:-(

Absolutely. But it's going to happen eventually, and I see it happening sooner rather than later. I'd love to be proved wrong but it's just what I see.

Postby TheRocket

Lucky wrote:

Why is he done? He's trying his hardest out there. Just unlucky like hell, he's playing the beast mode Hawkins.

Postby Lucky

TheRocket wrote:
Lucky wrote:

Why is he done? He's trying his hardest out there. Just unlucky like hell, he's playing the beast mode Hawkins.

Not done physically, he's still unbelievable. I just think he's coming to the end mentally. He looks like he's had enough. I hope I'm wrong but at the moment he looks like he's ready to throw in the towel.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Watching Ding Junhui Vs Judd Trump after Ronnie V Barry Hawkins is like watching third division football after premiership football. They really need to tighten the pockets!

If you tighten the pockets then you reduce luck because you increase the average number of scoring visits required to win a frame. So you are then suffering poor play less often because it is more severely punished and less able to progress.

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:
Skullman wrote:

If you tighten the pockets then you reduce luck because you increase the average number of scoring visits required to win a frame. So you are then suffering poor play less often because it is more severely punished and less able to progress.

Poor play is more severely punished when the average number of visits required to win a frame increases? Unlikely.

Postby Iranu

Lucky wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Lucky wrote:

Not done physically, he's still unbelievable. I just think he's coming to the end mentally. He looks like he's had enough. I hope I'm wrong but at the moment he looks like he's ready to throw in the towel.

I disagree, the fact that he kept playing the right shots at the right time, kept his emotions in check, and played to such a high standard tells me he's determined and focused.

Postby Cue Guru

Skullman wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:So Judd needs to win the last session 7-2. Likely?

No, but he beat Wenbo in the last session 7-2.

Yep, but Ding should be better than Wenbo at containing Judd I feel. First frame is mega important obviously. If Ding wins it, he's home I feel.

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:Trumps rude and disrespectful comments about ding pre match have come back on him

Trump makes O'Sullivan look like the king of etiquette. He really is a piece of trash.

Postby Dan-cat

Andy Spark wrote:
Lucky wrote:

Disagree.

Not true. He just won the Masters and the Welsh at a canter, if he's in the mood, he wins tournaments, and will fora goodly while. Agree with one thing - he may not be in the right mood for this one

Postby SnookerFan

This happens every year. If he's a couple of frames down in a session, there's always some bellend going; "Aaaaah, decline. He's going to retire, HE'S GOING TO RETIRE!!!!"

If he won the final 18-1, there'd be somebody saying he should retire now because he lost a frame.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:This happens every year. If he's a couple of frames down in a session, there's always some bellend going; "Aaaaah, decline. He's going to retire, HE'S GOING TO RETIRE!!!!"

If he won the final 18-1, there'd be somebody saying he should retire now because he lost a frame.

Absolutely. BELLENDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!