Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 23rd) Last 16 !

Postby Gridlock

hendry_fan wrote:Well,you know what they say,a win is a win,so well done Selbs. <ok>

Hard luck to Baird,from what i gather,he played pretty well throughout the match until the last few frames,the pressure obviously was too much for him as he squanderd numerous chances.

Indeed. Side note hendry_fan. ..I'm tickled thst McManus is in the quarters. Could be higgins and him yes?

Postby Skullman

Holden Chinaski wrote:Pathetic performance by Selby, it has to be said. But he won in the end. Just don't see why it was that difficult..

Maybe that's why you don't get snooker when it's not a break fest?

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Well,you know what they say,a win is a win,so well done Selbs. <ok>

Hard luck to Baird,from what i gather,he played pretty well throughout the match until the last few frames,the pressure obviously was too much for him as he squanderd numerous chances.

Indeed. Side note hendry_fan. ..I'm tickled thst McManus is in the quarters. Could be higgins and him yes?

Yep,but i really canny see Angles beatin John,he,s done very well to get to the 1/4,s but John will stop his run.

Postby Gridlock

hendry_fan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

Yep,but i really canny see Angles beatin John,he,s done very well to get to the 1/4,s but John will stop his run.

I'm actually going for Higgins to win this thing! Just haven't decided what Scotch I am buying to celebrate. I'm thinking Glenmorangie Lasanta.

Postby hendry_fan

Gridlock wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Gridlock wrote:

I'm actually going for Higgins to win this thing! Just haven't decided what Scotch I am buying to celebrate. I'm thinking Glenmorangie Lasanta.

:clap:

It would,nt surprise me one bit if he did go on and win it,he knows full well that he,s in a very good position to do so. :-)

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Pathetic performance by Selby, it has to be said. But he won in the end. Just don't see why it was that difficult..

I love snooker when it's not a break fest. But when it is of a good standard. I love good safety. Not bad safety. Sorry.

I don't really enjoy seeing the world number one miss like 20 easy balls in each frame and screw up position every time. I can see that in my local club. I like something a bit better at the world championships. Doesnt have to be big breaks. But playing like an amateur is not something I love to watch. Sorry.

Postby Skullman

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Skullman wrote:

I love snooker when it's not a break fest. But when it is of a good standard. I love good safety. Not bad safety. Sorry.

I don't really enjoy seeing the world number one miss like 20 easy balls in each frame and screw up position every time. I can see that in my local club. I like something a bit better at the world championships. Doesnt have to be big breaks. But playing like an amateur is not something I love to watch. Sorry.

I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing, but there a massive mental part to pro snooker.

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:
:clap:

It would,nt surprise me one bit if he did go on and win it,he knows full well that he,s in a very good position to do so. :-)

Higgins doesn't seem like the steely matchplayer he used to be. His potting and breakbuilding have come back, but he's not the same John Higgins.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Skullman wrote:

I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing, but there a massive mental part to pro snooker.

I love seeing players like Higgins, Ronnie, Selby, Ebdon get into great safety battles and tactical wars. But these last frames tonight was just watching Selby miss sitter after sitter, completely missjudge safeties etc... and he was playing a low ranked player who was struggling as well. I wouldn't exactly call that a classic match. Anyway, forget it.

Postby TheRocket

It was a pathetic match and Selby will be the first one to admit. It looked like he was embarrassed out there in the end and just wanted to leave the arena as quickly as possible.

It must be annoying for players like Neil Robertson to watch a match like that (if he has?) and see how Selby get away with it while he played a qualifier who played out of his skin.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:It was a pathetic match and Selby will be the first one to admit. It looked like he was embarrassed out there in the end and just wanted to leave the arena as quickly as possible.

It must be annoying for players like Neil Robertson to watch a match like that (if he has?) and see how Selby get away with it while he played a qualifier who played out of his skin.

Selby build up enough of a lead early on that he could let it slip. He didn't make many careless shots when he was behind like Robbo did :wave:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:It was a pathetic match and Selby will be the first one to admit. It looked like he was embarrassed out there in the end and just wanted to leave the arena as quickly as possible.

Selby build up enough of a lead early on that he could let it slip. He didn't make many careless shots when he was behind like Robbo did :wave:

Glad to see you're proud of Selby. I would be ashamed if Ronnie would crumble like that against any player, let alone a low ranked player.