Post a reply

Re: The Season Ticket Controversy

Postby eraserhead

Unless they stage the walkout for the entirety of the final I won't take them seriously. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Rubbish, glad they got rid of that crap.

So next year it's a 50 per cent rise, and from 2018 onwards no more season tickets I undertand.

Season ticket holders :wave: pmsl :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

Good riddance. They don't have a leg to stand on, as far as I'm concerned. Just be grateful you've had a big discount for as long as you've had, instead of moaning about having to pay up like the rest of us.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Unless they stage the walkout for the entirety of the final I won't take them seriously. <ok>

There's only 30 of them left. They'd barely notice. Barry would just upgrade a few of the people at the back to the front row, then flip the season ticketholders the bird.

Postby Morinas77

Wow I can't believe they even had a discount. Having to pay the same for a back row as for the front row is already bad enough, and they even paid less for the good seats! The front row at the baulk end for example has a lot of leg space, you can completely stretch your legs there. Don't think you can do this on any other seat.

Postby Cloud Strife

Morinas77 wrote:Wow I can't believe they even had a discount. Having to pay the same for a back row as for the front row is already bad enough, and they even paid less for the good seats! The front row at the baulk end for example has a lot of leg space, you can completely stretch your legs there. Don't think you can do this on any other seat.

What gets me is the sense of entitlement. Selfish idiots.

If they want to stage their walkout, they are more than welcome to buck off and do so. It won't make any difference to anyone if they did.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

If they want to stage their walkout, they are more than welcome to buck off and do so. It won't make any difference to anyone if they did.

Too bucking right. And if Hearn is reading this, and they do stage a walkout, I will happily take one of their front row seats for the final AND will happily pay full price. They are gold dust anyway, they're hardly ever even available to regular fans.

I've met some of the season ticketers, and the ones I have met seem nice. I have no problem with them. I'd love to have had the opportunity they have had. But if they want to moan about the fact that they've got discount tickets for 30 years, then tell them to snake hiss off and tell it to somebody who cares.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Too bucking right. And if Hearn is reading this, and they do stage a walkout, I will happily take one of their front row seats for the final AND will happily pay full price. They are gold dust anyway, they're hardly ever even available to regular fans.

I've met some of the season ticketers, and the ones I have met seem nice. I have no problem with them. I'd love to have had the opportunity they have had. But if they want to moan about the fact that they've got discount tickets for 30 years, then tell them to snake hiss off and tell it to somebody who cares.

They would never do it for the final, I would love it if they did because I wouldn't have to see a bloody Coventry shirt.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:They would never do it for the final, I would love it if they did because I wouldn't have to see a bloody Coventry shirt.

What, so they'd be thinking of doing it for a random session? Hey. That'll teach Hearn a lesson, won't it? It's Session 2 of Quarter Final number 4, and 30 people have chosen to go to The Graduate instead. <doh>

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:What, so they'd be thinking of doing it for a random session? Hey. That'll teach Hearn a lesson, won't it? It's Session 2 of Quarter Final number 4, and 30 people have chosen to go to The Graduate instead. <doh>

"there has been talk even of a staged walkout during play as a protest from these front-row seats"

Doesn't say when but I guarantee they'd never sit out the entire final.

Postby PLtheRef

I'm in the middle on this as to retain their season ticket there has needed to be a lot of commitment. To my knowledge (may be wrong) but I think that if you miss a year you lose the season ticket.

The prices are a huge mark up regardless of whether they have had a better rate than most for their commitment. - If you paid £30 to watch a session at the Crucible this year and was told you'd have to pay £45 to watch the same session of snooker this year you'd raise a few eyebrows.

The Crucible has become very expensive. I was fortunate to get tickets for the Monday night for the last Embassy final - tickets then cost £32 - I think they go to £80 next year - and in 12 years has the value genuinely gone up two and a half fold - and I think to maximise the experience it's better to go one session per round - should that be possible,. That said even though I've said I'll be cutting back I still try and get the tickets for the final stages should I be able - I know that being from Sheffield I'm fortunate that I can nip down and enjoy a session in The Graduate or be around the Winter Gardens with the plus as well that I'll try and get tickets but won't be upset by having to watch it on TV - I think it's getting to a stage where some events are better value for money than the Crucible - even to allow for the premium you might expect to pay for the World Championship.

Like I said, I have a good deal of sympathy with the season ticket holders and think that the price rise is a little bit mean but I hope that this talk of a walk out or protest is just a rumour though (and I guess it probably will be) - it's hard enough to get tickets without the knowledge that some are not using their tickets as a means of protest.

Postby ScottCorno

SnookerFan wrote:Yeah, Hearn is getting silly with the prices.

Just look at darts for how prices will go.

If there's demand, they'll go up.

Some darts events have gone up by £5/10 between various years.

Postby Skullman

The thing is the Crucible is the smallest venue for the most popular tournament. Everyone wants to be there, but only 900 can, which increases the prices. And the more popular snooker gets, the more expensive it becomes.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Also better that the venue and world snooker get the money than the touts making even bigger profits

That annoys me. About time they put a stop to that.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I like how Hearn wants young fans in the front row. He'll get a bunch of dolly birds in, I reckon.

you might even get in there between them lol

Postby Morinas77

Holden Chinaski wrote:I dislike the bloke in the Coventry shirt. Don't know why. I'm sick of looking at his face every year...

He probably feels like a celebrity. I wonder if someone like that will also go to the Crucible for many days, when he won't be on tv all the time in 2018. Of course, wearing football shirts at a snooker event is also a fashion crime.

Postby GJ

Firm but Fair from Baz and if it means we don't have to look at rexys ex anymore its all the better

:D :D :D :hatoff:

Postby TartanMc

I think it is a sad state of affairs.

Hearn is an interesting case. Darts has been taken to an unbelievable level of interest. I visited one of his Premier League outings but never again. The only chance of a view was a TV no bigger than a standard 32 inch half way down the arena. Drinks were nearly double and the fun was for people at the back to throw their drinks over the people in front. Clearly this appeals to some.

As for the season tickets he obviously wants greater income but it shows were his loyalties lie. Two years ago he gave his pals free entry to Pro snooker tournaments as they "deserved" loyalty - Davis, Wattans and Hendry who never took it up. That idea failed as they were no longer competitive or interested. He offered entry to all past winners in the World Championship, another idea that hasn't created interest.

But as for season ticket holders there is no loyalty. Clearly if they disappear it will make little difference to the event. But these people have shown tremendous loyalty and sometimes in life that should be more important than money. As for the Coventry City guy he is a regular at many events and has clearly put a lot of money and support into snooker. Can't imagine he just spends the money to get his face on television.

How mush do you think Danny Willett, new celebrity golfer, paid for his ticket? Or the other celebrities who turn up for the final? It is an odd world that the people who can pay the most get the freebies.

Postby GJ

TartanMc wrote:I think it is a sad state of affairs.

Hearn is an interesting case. Darts has been taken to an unbelievable level of interest. I visited one of his Premier League outings but never again. The only chance of a view was a TV no bigger than a standard 32 inch half way down the arena. Drinks were nearly double and the fun was for people at the back to throw their drinks over the people in front. Clearly this appeals to some.

As for the season tickets he obviously wants greater income but it shows were his loyalties lie. Two years ago he gave his pals free entry to Pro snooker tournaments as they "deserved" loyalty - Davis, Wattans and Hendry who never took it up. That idea failed as they were no longer competitive or interested. He offered entry to all past winners in the World Championship, another idea that hasn't created interest.

But as for season ticket holders there is no loyalty. Clearly if they disappear it will make little difference to the event. But these people have shown tremendous loyalty and sometimes in life that should be more important than money. As for the Coventry City guy he is a regular at many events and has clearly put a lot of money and support into snooker. Can't imagine he just spends the money to get his face on television.

How mush do you think Danny Willett, new celebrity golfer, paid for his ticket? Or the other celebrities who turn up for the final? It is an odd world that the people who can pay the most get the freebies.

Are you a season ticket holder or a family member

sounds like it tbh :?

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I like how Hearn wants young fans in the front row. He'll get a bunch of dolly birds in, I reckon.

you might even get in there between them lol

Not if we wanted them to stay there for longer than the first frame.

Postby TartanMc

No connection to any season ticket holder.

Just a sad person who thinks loyalty deserves reward.

Anyone watching the whole tournament for 30 years or however long deserves some credit. Fair enough not to create new ones or charge a higher price for new ones but they are top fans and deserve it.

Postby Cloud Strife

TartanMc wrote:No connection to any season ticket holder.

Anyone watching the whole tournament for 30 years or however long deserves some credit. Fair enough not to create new ones or charge a higher price for new ones but they are top fans and deserve it.

Loyalty for what lol? You make it sound like they've been doing World Snooker a favour for all these years. Fact is there are plenty of people who would quite happily have snapped those tickets up themselves if they were available.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
TartanMc wrote:No connection to any season ticket holder.

Loyalty for what lol? You make it sound like they've been doing World Snooker a favour for all these years. Fact is there are plenty of people who would quite happily have snapped those tickets up themselves if they were available.

Yeah, what about the loyal fans who'd love to have the opportunity they've enjoyed for years? The fans who've not been able to get tickets?