Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 22st) Last 16 !

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:You got to love long frame matches. What runt thought of best of sevens?

Watch your language or there will be better hope of you getting a season ticket than commenting on here <ok>

Duly warned.

I know how much you hate bad language. rofl

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:How is Holt playing so far? Anywhere near his standard from the first round?

Good to go 4-1 up, MJW ground out a 4-4 session, MJW has been better this session so far, but Holt will still get out 6-6 at MSI.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:How is Holt playing so far? Anywhere near his standard from the first round?

Good to go 4-1 up, MJW ground out a 4-4 session, MJW has been better this session so far, but Holt will still get out 6-6 at MSI.

See, three session matches. :hatoff:

Postby Cue Guru

Skullman wrote:Ants is pretty much done now. 12-8.

Maybe but he's got a license to thrill now so he's still dangerous. If he comes out firing, he may get two and things are back in the mixer. Did you notice anything about the chevrons on the close up of McGills safety?

Postby Wildey

Williams pot percentage in the first session was 81% that will always give Holt a chance to keep close but if Mark lifts his game Holt has problams

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:

Thanks.

I watched some of the Selby v Baird match. Are you optimistic Mark will win this? And if he does progress how likely is it he'll kick into gear? He looked quite beatable so far.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 22 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I watched some of the Selby v Baird match. Are you optimistic Mark will win this won? And if he does progress how likely is it he'll kick into gear? He looked quite beatable so far.

If I knew when Selby kicked into gear, he won't be so nerve wracking to watch.

I think Selby will beat Baird because he has before and both times Baird got twitchy when ahead.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Thanks.

I watched some of the Selby v Baird match. Are you optimistic Mark will win this won? And if he does progress how likely is it he'll kick into gear? He looked quite beatable so far.

when he sees ronnie at the other side of the chair he is up for it. he struggle to reach the semis but he will reach them. and if he meets ronnie he will play 150 % of his capability.

the welsh and masters are no barometers for the WC. selby won the two WC encounters vs ronnie. and he knows how to limit the damage in one session when things arent going well.

Postby Wildey

theres so many frames and sessions in this event if your in it long enough you can play yourself in to form.

Selby could do that because he has the credentials and history to call on.

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:You got to love long frame matches. What runt thought of best of sevens?

Watch your language or there will be better hope of you getting a season ticket than commenting on here <ok>

In defence of Sfan, he also posts at Snookery Dookery where there is no Stalinist censorship of posts.

Postby Cue Guru

Muppet147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

In defence of Sfan, he also posts at Snookery Dookery where there is no Stalinist censorship of posts.

I'm thinking SF's constant off-topic drivel is actually more offensive. How can anyone really get upset at the 'R' word? It's not classed as swearing, insulting maybe, if said the wrong way. Language control:

1984!

Orwell was clearly right about the abuse of power.

Postby Muppet147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I watched some of the Selby v Baird match. Are you optimistic Mark will win this won? And if he does progress how likely is it he'll kick into gear? He looked quite beatable so far.

I think Selby will beat Baird because he has before and both times Baird got twitchy when ahead.

Yes, I think Selby will beat Baird, even though Baird is scoring better when in the balls.

But he is a shadow of the player from a few seasons ago. I can see him taking a big beating - either from Allen / Wilson or from O'Sullivan.

Postby Muppet147

Cue Guru wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I'm thinking SF's constant off-topic drivel is actually more offensive. How can anyone really get upset at the 'R' word? It's not classed as swearing, insulting maybe, if said the wrong way. Language control:

1984!

If you go into your settings and jiggle them around, you can get the swear words as they appeared on my screen.

But I agree that Sfan's daily diatribe on what he is going to eat and drink is slightly more offensive than one off-colour remark.

Postby SnookerFan

Cue Guru wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

1984!

You only saw the R-Word because you have the swear filter on.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Yes, I think Selby will beat Baird, even though Baird is scoring better when in the balls.

But he is a shadow of the player from a few seasons ago. I can see him taking a big beating - either from Allen / Wilson or from O'Sullivan.

Kyren could be very dangerous to Selby, indeed

Postby Cue Guru

Skullman wrote:Hint: SF didn't actually say runt, there's a filter.

So why is there a problem if the filter has handled. Why is further action needed?

All I can see is 'runt'. Besides, we can point to stacks of pages where this filter has heavily edited what the mod has written, stacks. One rule for him, another for SF?

Postby QSM

Skullman wrote:Hint: SF didn't actually say runt, there's a filter.

but thats where the filter is for. You either have a filter and then theres no issue becuase everything gets filtered, or you dont have one and warn people for swearing.
You cant have a filter and still ban people for swearing.