Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 22st) Last 16 !

Postby Cheshire Cat

Holt is playing well I take it? Gutted that I'm at work straight after class. There's certainly been signs towards the end of this year that something had been clicking with him, ever since I saw him at the CL.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Holt's potting and positional play are excellent - just as they were against the Aussie chump.

He really could be a shock finalist.

would he meet Ronnie in the final? sorry - I know I'm being lazy and could work it out

Yes.

Postby Dan-cat

snookerlover wrote:Dale basically saying the pockets are buckets. In contrast to the BBC the other day trying to make out they were tough.

Yesterday someone said that Hendry and Davis had both said they were buckets. I didn't hear it though.

It's disgraceful. I want to see the best players winning.

Postby snookerlover

Dan-cat wrote:
snookerlover wrote:Dale basically saying the pockets are buckets. In contrast to the BBC the other day trying to make out they were tough.

Yesterday someone said that Hendry and Davis had both said they were buckets. I didn't hear it though.

When players are clearly playing pots off the jaws of the pockets you know they are too big. World Snooker need to get this sorted, it's making a mockery of the tournament.

Yes, there's an argument that the pockets are generous for everyone so the best players should still win.

Also, McGill should never have took that last pot on.

Postby Dan-cat

snookerlover wrote:
Yes, there's an argument that the pockets are generous for everyone so the best players should still win.

It think it's a leveller, the lesser players have more of a chance. I just tweeted Barry Hearn asking him to sort it

Postby Cue Guru

snookerlover wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

When players are clearly playing pots off the jaws of the pockets you know they are too big. World Snooker need to get this sorted, it's making a mockery of the tournament.

It could be argued that folk like Wilson have benefited from the bags. Snooker players are opportunists and if you give them candy, they'll take it. This has not helped the more tactically minded. And a lot of true fans are losing respect but Baz don't care, he loves the oohs and ahhs from the audience.