Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 22st) Last 16 !

Postby LC

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:Pot quiz?

Not seen that yet. What's it all about?

Basically like big break, 15 reds with black you get 5 questions and can take a red off for everyone right, fastest time to clear wins, selby leads with 1min 14s

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:Pot quiz?

Not seen that yet. What's it all about?

It's a feature thing they do during the mid-session intervals. Basically, they lay out a number of balls on a table and see how fast players can clear them up. Before that though, they get asked questions about their own career and the more they get right the more balls they are able to take off the table meaning an easier clearance. Kind of like Big Break from years gone by.

They have a leaderboard of everyone that's taken part so far. Selby currently leads it.

It's this years nonsense, just like previous years when they had feature like Pub Quiz, Potless etc.

Postby Cue Guru

LC wrote:Davis was saying that it could just be a fraction bigger when the fitters do the pockets combined with new clothes making balls slide in off the jaws

New cloth always helps the ball in it is true. But Dott said these pockets are huge, the biggest he's ever seen in Sheff. I trust Dott, he knows his stuff. I've hit shots like Wilson hit last night and I've hit them absolutely plumb and they won't drop on a 3.25" pocketed table. On those tables with a generous undercut at 3.5" the balls are dropping. The same happens at a different club I go to and we've measured the pockets at 3.5". You'd be amazed at how just a quarter of an inch can change the game. WS also use a generous undercut, this is the eliptical shape the rubbers are cut. Make no mistake, WS fitters are very experienced; this is no accident.

Postby LC

Cue Guru wrote:
LC wrote:Davis was saying that it could just be a fraction bigger when the fitters do the pockets combined with new clothes making balls slide in off the jaws

New cloth always helps the ball in it is true. But Dott said these pockets are huge, the biggest he's ever seen in Sheff. I trust Dott, he knows his stuff. I've hit shots like Wilson hit last night and I've hit them absolutely plumb and they won't drop on a 3.25" pocketed table. On those tables with a generous undercut at 3.5" the balls are dropping. The same happens at a different club I go to and we've measured the pockets at 3.5". You'd be amazed at how just a quarter of an inch can change the game. WS also use a generous undercut, this is the eliptical shape the rubbers are cut. Make no mistake, WS fitters are very experienced; this is no accident.

They had the template for the pocket the other day and parrot said they where 3.25, so I dunno what to believe

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
It's a feature thing they do during the mid-session intervals. Basically, they lay out a number of balls on a table and see how fast players can clear them up. Before that though, they get asked questions about their own career and the more they get right the more balls they are able to take off the table meaning an easier clearance. Kind of like Big Break from years gone by.

They have a leaderboard of everyone that's taken part so far. Selby currently leads it.

It's this years nonsense, just like previous years when they had feature like Pub Quiz, Potless etc.

Have they mentioned Functional Snooker?

Outside The Crucible, there was a big sign explaining the rules to Functional Snooker. But, at no point, was anybody playing it. Nor was there any kind of table set up, giving anybody the opportunity to play the game.

Postby Cue Guru

LC wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:

They had the template for the pocket the other day and parrot said they where 3.25, so I dunno what to believe

The template eh? Hmmm, not sure, the template doesn't cut the rubber, it's a bloke with a stanley.