Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Thurs April 21st) Last 32 & 16 !

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

As Round 1 comes to a close Round 2 gets underway.

One of the favrites Judd Trump could be following Neil Robertson, Shaun Murphy and Defending Champion Stuart Bingham out of the tornament unless he can overturn a 6-3 deficit against Liang Wenbo. And can Kyren Wilson record his first Crucible win as he leads Joe Perry 5-4.

Second Round Action Today features 3 qualifiers World no 29 Alan McManus playing World no 31 Ali Carter and Anthony McGill ranked 30th will take on 14th seed Marco Fu.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Thursday 21st of April

1pm

**Judd Trump 3-6 Liang Wenbo Liang leads 4-2
Anthony McGill v Marco Fu Marco Fu leads 2-0

7pm

Allister Carter v Alan McManus Carter leads 3-2
**Joe Perry 4-5 Kyren Wilson Perry leads 3-2

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thurs April 21st) Last 32 &

Postby Cue Guru

Angles for me, the deeper he goes the more chance we've got of some tartan troos.

Did someone say that they did not know what all the fuss about Kyren was?

McGill/Fu should be very good. I'll go with Fu.

Liang should do the job if he doesn't fluff. But it's a different day and Judd could come out on fire, he needs to.

No idea who will win from Perry/Wilson. Too close.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Ali Carter all the way! Bingham isn't much of a loss really, Carter more than makes up for his departure. So underrated IMO.

I don't get the fuss with Kyren, no. Perry v Kyren is a likely 10-9 either way. Neither player is particularly sensational, but Perry is a class act on his day. Kyren still has much to prove, with years on his side.

McGill / Fu, i'll happily take either of those two. Love them both.

Surprisingly, I don't care about Trump / Wenbo. I like them both too, surprise me.

Postby PoolBoy

Strange that GJ was raving about Kyren throughout qualifying, and in the build up to his game with Perry - yet, now that Kyren's actually in action, there's been not a word! :happy:

Mind you, his summary on the eve of Neil Robertson's match leaves so much egg-on-his-face that he's probably still wiping it all off! :wave:

Here it is again, for us to enjoy: <laugh>
GJ said:
"Anyway im very confident about this match bordering on arrogant as I don't see holt having the bottle to deliver v robbo over the longer format. He just won't keep up with Robbo. I'd be surprised if Holt wins more than 4 frames to be honest. I would love the whitewash..." :chuckle:

Postby Andre147

Yeah GJ loses all respect for me by not coming here after Robbo lost or indeed during that match, when he when always here before his match.

When Ronnie loses a big match, of course it's hard to take as someone who has him as their favourite player, but life goes on and I for one never been one to go into hiding, never will do that, as I'm a fan of Snooker first and foremost.

Not saying GJ isn't watching the rest of the tournament, but yeah according to him the best qualifier is still in the tournament, so why not come here and support him? Very very poor GJ. <doh> :td:

Postby SnookerFan

I've felt fair weather all week.

Only being in half-sessions when in Sheffield. Not seeing more than the odd frame since. I have something I've got to do quickly at 7pm tonight.

This weekend, you're going to have to kill me to get me away from the snooker.

Postby GJ

Keep it going kyren :hatoff:

Great response from 4-2 down.

Good luck

I have been watching all the snooker , I love the sport not going to deny though I was shocked by Tuesday.

Yes i slated holt pre match but if anyone else saw that coming they should be renamed mystic meg :lol:

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:Keep it going kyren :hatoff:

Great response from 4-2 down.

Good luck

I have been watching all the snooker , I love the sport not going to deny though I was shocked by Tuesday.

Yes i slated holt pre match but if anyone else saw that coming they should be renamed mystic meg :lol:

Robbo was very ordinary and Holty only needed to play his B game to win convincingly. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Despite going to Sheffield, I have been a real, real fair weather fan so far. Not seen much since I got back at all.

Was Ding lucky to win yesterday? After blitzing qualifying, has he looked like fluffing it at The Crucible again?

When are the three sessions of his second round match on?

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:Despite going to Sheffield, I have been a real, real fair weather fan so far. Not seen much since I got back at all.

Was Ding lucky to win yesterday? After blitzing qualifying, has he looked like fluffing it at The Crucible again?

When are the three sessions of his second round match on?

So many questions. I can't be bothered to look up the answers so you will have to do it yourself.

Postby Dan-cat

I watched the last session of the Ding / Gouldy match last night. It was brilliant to see Ding get fired up like that after losing that frame when Gould needed 3 snookers, to go 8-6 behind.. He came out angry and channelled it into a storming performance to kill Gould off. Ace. C'mon Ding!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Dan-cat wrote:I watched the last session of the Ding / Gouldy match last night. It was brilliant to see Ding get fired up like that after losing that frame when Gould needed 3 snookers, to go 8-6 behind.. He came out angry and channelled it into a storming performance to kill Gould off. Ace. C'mon Ding!

It's amazing how many players are like that.

Ali Carter has a habit of getting negative, but I honesty think he's a top act when he goes for his shots and plays aggressive. Probably one of the players with the most cue power in the game. Same with Robbo really, he too has a habit of getting negative, but we know how classy he is when he goes for his shots.

Ding was doing the same up up to 8-6, then just came out guns blazing. Surely he can see that he's a much better player when he plays aggressively. <ok>

Postby GJ

My thoughts on todays matches

Big task for trump because liang has strong bottle and is playing great.

McGill will play well imo , Marco can be so erratic but i think this will be a close one which goes late tomorrow night.

Really hope kyren wins tonight he played so well from 2-4 that yellow by Joseph was key but he's so experienced he will forget that , 50/50 for me given joes experience.

Carter clear fav will score to heavy for McManus.

Postby GJ

Pedro147 wrote:When is Ronnie back on? Seems to be having a long break so assuming he'll have a hectic second week on that basis (should he win his matches).

Sat 2.30

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:People keep telling me that Steve Davis is doing DJ-ing now. Like it's something I didn't already know.

I'm gonna do a little piece on the Nugget's new career on my radio show tonight on Hoxton FM. My guest tonight, a dj called Demi, is also a snooker nut!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Some drama on Twitter between Matt Selt and SnookerBacker. I was wondering what that was last night, was too busy with the Ding match.

Selt is a tosser.

Buck, have to wait like 3 hours for the snooker to begin. Cba studying. I dunno' what to do.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:People keep telling me that Steve Davis is doing DJ-ing now. Like it's something I didn't already know.

I'm gonna do a little piece on the Nugget's new career on my radio show tonight on Hoxton FM. My guest tonight, a dj called Demi, is also a snooker nut!

He's always done the Prog Rock Radio show, aint he? If he branching out doing more clubbing now, or something? Saw him doing that dopey party thing on Snooker Mavericks the other week. Just wondered why people kept telling me all of a sudden?