Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby SnookerFan

Cue Guru wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Has GJ surfaced yet? He must be devastated!

He's in the Mariana Trench under an ABR rock (anyone but Ronnie). rofl

Maybe that's the trench Ronnie is in. Hence his mental breakdown on winning the other night.

Postby Cue Guru

So, anyway....................................................
What are your hunches on who is going to win today Muppet?

Here's a round-up from yesterday's action if anyone missed the Hitman doing the full contract on the whimper from down-under:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/36083753

including the hitman's 140 break, highest of the tournament so far.

Postby SnookerFan

I saw the Eurosport punditry team for the first time last night. Colin Murray came across like he was trying to be less jokey than usual. Maybe with Ronnie absent, he was trying as hard to impress everybody. He's still a bit of a cockerel though. He has an annoying face.

Nice to see Dominic Dale, who does know a lot about snooker, to be fair. Unlike the entire roster of BBC experts combined. He did act like Anthony McGill beating Murphy was a massive upset though. Which, I don't think it was. McGill did well last year, why is it a surprise he won this year?

Jimmy White went off on one about how Michael Holt is known for not being afraid to play top players. Which is the opposite of what Holt is known for. However, they discussed the Terry fact might help improve his results, and so it proved.

And hey, at least Colin Murray didn't think his name was Hazel Irvine this time. <doh>

Postby Pedro147

Didn't realise Wenbo had a good record against Trump. Could be another possible upset on the cards although I think Trump is still favourite. The way Trump plays he needs luck though so when it's not his day he struggles.

Think Allen beats Mann comfortably enough. Hawkins the same.

Ding vs Gould should be interesting. Ding on his day beats him well but as we know that Ding hasn't showed up in some time. Could be an edgy match. 10-8 or 10-9 either way. Similar scoreline for Perry vs Wilson.

Postby Cue Guru

Pedro147 wrote:Didn't realise Wenbo had a good record against Trump. Could be another possible upset on the cards although I think Trump is still favourite. The way Trump plays he needs luck though so when it's not his day he struggles.

Think Allen beats Mann comfortably enough. Hawkins the same.

Ding vs Gould should be interesting. Ding on his day beats him well but as we know that Ding hasn't showed up in some time. Could be an edgy match. 10-8 or 10-9 either way. Similar scoreline for Perry vs Wilson.

Yeah, a lot of people want the Ding of two years ago back. Skully said most of Wenbo's victories over Trump where in matches of 7 frames or less, so not sure about the relevance of the stats. Should be a good match but I can see JT's composure edging Liang. Perry/Wilson is so hard to call for me.

Postby Dan-cat

Cue Guru wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Also I wanted to hear Michael White's presser but it doesn't seem to be anywhere, anyone know his thoughts after his match? :shrug:

Someone said something about depression. Apparently, he's a sufferer.

Michael should look at his diet, and exercise regularly. The brain will malfunction if you don't put the right stuff in your body and if you don't move around enough

Postby Cue Guru

Dan-cat wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Also I wanted to hear Michael White's presser but it doesn't seem to be anywhere, anyone know his thoughts after his match? :shrug:

Someone said something about depression. Apparently, he's a sufferer.

Michael should look at his diet, and exercise regularly. The brain will malfunction if you don't put the right stuff in your body and if you don't move around enough

CAT! <cool>

Allen went through some dark days following the split from Reanne Evans but seems better now. He said he would stay in one room, couldn't face anyone. Strangely, he seems happier with more chocolate and beer by the looks of things. Then we have the chunder from down under on door mouse diet, he doesn't look happy. Balance in all things?

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
CAT! <cool>

Allen went through some dark days following the split from Reanne Evans

Mark Allen went out with Reanne Evans?! You're blowing my mind right now Guru

Don't they have a kid together as well?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
CAT! <cool>

Come on Dan, even I knew that. You know the stereotype about nice women always having the worst taste in men. Certainly applied there. rofl

They had a kid together, didn't they? Or have I made that bit up.

Postby vodkadiet

'He is talented' - He doesn't win much, but he wears nice waistcoats.

'He plays the game the right way' - He makes it easy for opponents to beat him.

'We all like to see a century break' - Not really, as soon as the frame is safe you may as well set the balls up.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
CAT! <cool>

Don't they have a kid together as well?

JINX!

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:'He is talented' - He doesn't win much, but he wears nice waistcoats.

rofl

I like the second one especially. The amount of people that think playing safety is cheating, and that you have a moral obligation not to play a style that your opponent struggles with.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:'He is talented' - He doesn't win much, but he wears nice waistcoats.

rofl

I like the second one especially. The amount of people that think playing safety is cheating, and that you have a moral obligation not to play a style that your opponent struggles with.

Yes, it is like saying "He is a nice guy, he let's me shag his wife every other week".

Postby Cue Guru

Dan-cat wrote:
Cue Guru wrote:
CAT! <cool>

They had a young daughter together, who has no excuse for not being an awesome potter when she grows up. Possible world champion in 2029.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I don't agree with the likes of Hendry saying that 'so-so plays the game the right way dross.' On the other hand, I don't agree with people who just can't accept that the modern game is about scoring heavily and break-building.

There's a difference between playing a percentage game and playing negatively though. Nothing wrong with a percentage game, safety will always be important and anyone who says other is talking toss, but e.g Mitchell Mann played some negative shots yesterday that cost him frames, refusing pots, one black in particular along the back cushion that he refused. You just can't turn down opportunities to win frames.

Postby Dan-cat

'We all like to see a century break' - Not really, as soon as the frame is safe you may as well set the balls up.

HAHAHA laughing out loud here :)

Didn't Mark Williams used to get 80+ then just push the ball to the cushion?