Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby snucar

Cue Guru wrote:Pockets at the PTCs are tighter, it's all in reverse. See the tourneys at SWSA or Northern and you'll see true Star tables. I guess now though, after so many years of doing it, the pros know WS are gonna cut the pockets generous. Players who've practised on 3.25 or 3.3, whoever they may be will enjoy these tables. But the tables don't help the more tactically minded.

Judd will love these tables!

Exactly. General audience need to know these "little" details.

Barry Hearn has done the same thing at the Mosconi Cup in pool. Bucket pockets, bouncy rails and extremely super fast cloth. Add to that the TV lights and you get the picture what the players are facing. Drama? Yes. Good pool? Not much.

Postby Andre147

boris_the_butcher wrote:don't trust Holt to get the job done.

I certainly don't, but as someone said here, this gives him a nice cushion for the evening.

5-4 down and Robbo would just dominate from there.

6-3 makes it interesting at least.

what a miss that was on the pink from Robbo <doh>

Postby boris_the_butcher

Andre147 wrote:

I certainly don't, but as someone said here, this gives him a nice cushion for the evening.

The fact that this match finishes tonight rather than tomorrow will help Holt a bit. He won't have a sleepless night thinking about what a great opportunity this is for him.

Postby Andre147

boris_the_butcher wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The fact that this match finishes tonight rather than tomorrow will help Holt a bit. He won't have a sleepless night thinking about what a great opportunity this is for him.

good point. <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

boris_the_butcher wrote:

You're right, this changes things.

Postby Cue Guru

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:Anyway im very confident about this match bordering on arrogant as I don't see holt having the bottle to deliver v robbo over the longer format.

:bowdown: :bowdown: <ok>

pmsl

Come in GJ, don't bottle it son!