Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Tues April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 16th of April~Monday 2nd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 4 of the World Championship will see Mark Selby in the morning session conclude his match against Robert Milkins, requiring just 3 more frames to win. Also in action will be 2010 champion Neil Robertson, who begins his quest for a 2nd World Title.

Then we have John Higgins also with the same 7-2 lead against Ryan Day, and Players Championship winner Mark Allen goes up against the only debutant at the Crucible this year, Mitchell Mann.

In the evening we have Robertson finishing his match against Michael Holt, and Barry Hawkins will open his Crucible campaign against China's Zhang Anda.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 19th of April

10am

Neil Robertson v Michael Holt Robertson leads 6-1
**Mark Selby v Robert Milkins Selby leads 7-2

2.30pm

**John Higgins 7-2 Ryan Day Higgins leads 12-6
Mark Allen v Mitchell Mann Mann leads 1-0

7pm

**Neil Robertson v Michael Holt Robertson leads 6-1
Barry Hawkins v Zhang Anda Hawkins leads 2-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Image Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby GJ

Anyway im very confident about this match bordering on arrogant as I don't see holt having the bottle to deliver v robbo over the longer format.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Anyway im very confident about this match bordering on arrogant as I don't see holt having the bottle to deliver v robbo over the longer format.

He just won't keep up with Robbo.

I'd be surprised if Holt wins more than 4 frames to be honest. I would love the whitewash as I told you yesterday. :-D

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:Anyway im very confident about this match bordering on arrogant as I don't see holt having the bottle to deliver v robbo over the longer format.

He just won't keep up with Robbo.

I'd be surprised if Holt wins more than 4 frames to be honest. I would love the whitewash as I told you yesterday. :-D

lets not be too hard on him 10-1 will do :D

Postby Cheshire Cat

Well I said a few threads back that I saw Gilbert and Holt as potential banana skins. After seeing how well Gilbert played and still losing, I can't see Holt meeting that standard over 19 frames, not against Robbo.

If Holt wins the morning session 9-0 then I might just give him a chance, but even then I fancy him to bottle it 10-9.

Postby GJ

Cheshire Cat wrote:Well I said a few threads back that I saw Gilbert and Holt as potential banana skins. After seeing how well Gilbert played and still losing, I can't see Holt meeting that standard over 19 frames, not against Robbo.

If Holt wins the morning session 9-0 then I might just give him a chance, but even then I fancy him to bottle it 10-9.

<laugh> rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Good luck to Zhang Anda tommorow.

would you like Ronnie to face him instead of hawkins?

Ronnie will smash both of them, but it's about time Zhang started to produce on a more consistent basis so for that reason I want Zhang to win. That said of course, I do also think he will be an easier matchup for Ronnie than Hawkins.

As I said though, Ronnie will easily smash either of them irrespective of who gets through that one.

Postby vodkadiet

A question about re-racks and end of session cut off times:

What happens if a match starts their last frame of the session before the cut off time before being pulled off to make way for the start of the next session, the players play for a while, and then it is decided a re-rack must take place. However, by this time, the deadline has been past before a new frame can start.

Will the re-rack still take place in that session, or will it be carried over in to the next session? And has this ever happened?

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:A question about re-racks and end of session cut off times:

What happens if a match starts their last frame of the session before the cut off time before being pulled off to make way for the start of the next session, the players play for a while, and then it is decided a re-rack must take place. However, by this time, the deadline has been past before a new frame can start.

Will the re-rack still take place in that session, or will it be carried over in to the next session? And has this ever happened?

Very good question indeed.

I honestly don't know, maybe they would carry it over to the next session as effectively it's the start of a new frame. Say they start at 6:10 p.m, but then decide to have a rerack by 6:20.

I doubt this has ever happened, but referees need to be prepared for it anyway.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:A question about re-racks and end of session cut off times:

Very good question indeed.

I honestly don't know, maybe they would carry it over to the next session as effectively it's the start of a new frame. Say they start at 6:10 p.m, but then decide to have a rerack by 6:20.

I doubt this has ever happened, but referees need to be prepared for it anyway.

Thanks Andre.

I would actually be surprised if it hasn't happened before. Re-racks aren't that uncommon after all. Although I cannot recall any such eventuality myself.

It would most likely have happened in a first round match, as this is the round with more frames in any given session.