Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 18th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

This is typical Higgins, so it doesn't surprise me.

Usually plays superb in opening rounds of big tournaments like this, and then falls apart.

But still, this is impressive from him.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie has done really well to survive this first round against a very stubborn qualifier who threw everything at him. I'm not sure how many seeded players would have beaten this Gilbert. Maybe a handful.

Very good sign for the rest of the tournament.

Postby Andre147

boris_the_butcher wrote:Higgins playing brilliantly today but please no more world titles for this guy.

don't worry, he won't.

I've seen this all before. Impressive in opening rounds, then faces a top opponent, falls apart.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Can't wait to see how Selby's playing.

Yeah, I reckon he'll play very well, but who knows...

saying that, Milkins doing a 2013 similar type result wouldn't surprise me at all.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie has done really well to survive this first round against a very stubborn qualifier who threw everything at him. I'm not sure how many seeded players would have beaten this Gilbert. Maybe a handful.

But if he's with his antics TR... I honestly don't know.

Why didn't he make his post.match commitments? :chin:

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:This is typical Higgins, so it doesn't surprise me.

Usually plays superb in opening rounds of big tournaments like this, and then falls apart.

But still, this is impressive from him.

Well, looking at who his opponents are in the next rounds, the semi looks quite likely for him. And if he was to play Trump there. I don't know. Trump is scared of him, having never beaten Higgins in a big match.

O'Sullivan-Higgins final is on. This would be legendary.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Oh! Thank you peeps for reminding me that it's Selby playing this afternoon. I fancy Williams at 7-2 up to see the match out and was going to watch that one, but I think i'll tune in for Selby instead.

Would like to see how he is after his short hiatus from the game.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:But if he's with his antics TR... I honestly don't know.

Last time he caused some controversy was the Welsh open and if he plays like that again after this I won't complain. :-D

He's more likely trying to push people over to Eurosport.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnie has done really well to survive this first round against a very stubborn qualifier who threw everything at him. I'm not sure how many seeded players would have beaten this Gilbert. Maybe a handful.

Not really bothered about any of that. As long as he keeps winning.

Played well today against an inspired opponent. Seemed to really have his screwed on and was up for the challenge. So I'm not worried at all about him missing some proxy presser.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Not really bothered about any of that. As long as he keeps winning.

Played well today against an inspired opponent. Seemed to really have his screwed on and was up for the challenge. So I'm not worried at all about him missing some proxy presser.

Yes mate you are wight, as long as he keeps winning, he could miss every single of those pressers.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:Would trump have much left on paper 3 really tough matches before that :chin:

If Trump were to face Robbo again at Quarter-Final stage, it would be 2014 all over again. <ok>

:cracker:

Thinking back such fine margins for robbo in 14 semi potted black and went in off at crucial stage at 15-15 and the long red missed v hawk at 12-12 >-(

Hopefully this year the big moments will go his way :-D

Postby TheRocket

GJ wrote:Would trump have much left on paper 3 really tough matches before that :chin:

Trump/Robertson. One of them will be in the semis I think. Funny thing is. I think, Trump scares Neil a little bit, Higgins definitely scares Trump and Neil scares Higgins a little bit as well.

Doesn't mean of course that Neil can't beat Trump or Trump can't beat Higgins. But Neil always seems to bring the best out of Trump for whatever reason. That will be a hell of a match if they meet in the quarters.

Postby GJ

TheRocket wrote:

Trump/Robertson. One of them will be in the semis I think. Funny thing is. I think, Trump scares Neil a little bit, Higgins definitely scares Trump and Neil scares Higgins a little bit as well.

Doesn't mean of course that Neil can't beat Trump or Trump can't beat Higgins. But Neil always seems to bring the best out of Trump for whatever reason. That will be a hell of a match if they meet in the quarters.

Fair points , Although Higgins hasn't beat robbo in a big match for a long time where as with trump and robbo its more 60/40 trumps wins so far.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Ugh, those evening matches. I think i'm more interested in White v Baird this evening than Walden v RobWil. It was a dreadful match yesterday, no sugar coating it, whereas the White v Baird one was actually quite entertaining to watch IMO.

Postby stateofwonder

snooker_loopy wrote:Apparently Lord Ronnie of Sullivan is too precious to do any interviews after his matches and he's going to be disciplined by World Snooker. His legendary snooker abilities notwithstanding, he remains a prize tw_at. :pal:

It seems whenever he talks he gets in trouble, and now not talking also gets him in trouble. Can't win, really.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Oh pls, I don't think he'll be bothered having to cough up some pocket change for a fine considering he's going to pocket £330 000 by the end of next Sunday.

Jk folks. Monday banter.