Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 18th) Last 32 !!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Wow. Stephen Maguire in 2005 was the last person in the past decade to get more than 5 frames against ROS in a first round match; it was 10-9 to ROS on that occasion.

Since 2005, no one has managed more than 5 frames against Ronnie. Impressive stuff from Gilbert.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Wow. Stephen Maguire in 2005 was the last person in the past decade to get more than 5 frames against ROS in a first round match; it was 10-9 to ROS on that occasion.

Since 2005, no one has managed more than 5 frames against Ronnie. Impressive stuff from Gilbert.

Liang Wenbo in 2010 lost 10-7.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Andre147 wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Wow. Stephen Maguire in 2005 was the last person in the past decade to get more than 5 frames against ROS in a first round match; it was 10-9 to ROS on that occasion.

Liang Wenbo in 2010 lost 10-7.

Oh of course, the one year I accidentally miss, the facts go against me.

There goes my application for being a stats man. :-(

Postby mantorok

Maguires got 10-6 in 2004 didn't he?

Postby Andre147

Ronnie raised his game there, 77 breakto finish it off. :hatoff:

Gilbert deserves every credit, and had he been a tad more lucky at times, who knows... may have gone out the winner.

Doesn't matter, Ronnie played very well the whole match, 94% pot sucess rate justifies that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie raised his game there, 77 breakto finish it off. :hatoff:

Gilbert deserves every credit, and had he been a tad more lucky at times, who knows... may have gone out the winner.

Doesn't matter, Ronnie played very well the whole match, 94% pot sucess rate justifies that.

<ok> :hatoff:

Postby mantorok

mantorok wrote:

Maguires got 10-6 in 2004 didn't he?

Oh you said last. Nvm

Postby snucar

boris_the_butcher wrote:
snucar wrote:If Higgins eats one more burger, his waistcoat 's gonna explode.

Maguire, Allen, Bingham etc. This nando's had a lot to answer for.

That sound like an excellent line up for the McDonalds World Burger Championship semis. Best of 33 burgers.

Postby Andre147

boris_the_butcher wrote:
snucar wrote:If Higgins eats one more burger, his waistcoat 's gonna explode.

Maguire, Allen, Bingham etc. This nando's had a lot to answer for.

Allen has gained some weitght recently hasn't he... somehow got him to win the Players Champs.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:Accoring to SnookerBacker on Twitter, Ronnie has refused to do any media.

Faces disciplinary action.

Don't tell me he's got his antics back... <doh>

watch this gather more news than what anything else this week.

Postby Andre147

It's offcial then.

George Ryley, the guy who always interviews the players, has said on Twitter:

'Ronnie O Sullivan has just refused to do any media. Hasn't turned up for his press conference and world snooker say he'll be disciplined'

FFS Ron <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Cheshire Cat

He should be doing his media, but I don't really give a toss about press conferences for any player, so I guess it doesn't bother me much.

I suppose ROS fans should also remember that Steve Peters is actually with Ronnie in Sheffield this week, so it's hard to imagine him doing anything loony. But whatever, watch the furore begin.

Meanwhile, Day is really letting this slip. Poor shot to throw that frame away.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Higgins playing well and doing the business, helped in part by Day playing some admittedly poor shots. Really could have been 5-3 right now, but it's 6-2.

'Rolling over', as someone already said, is the best way to describe it. Day must win this frame to have any hope I feel.