Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 16th) Last 32 !!

Postby Cheshire Cat

boris_the_butcher wrote:As if anyone of sane mind would watch Ebdon/Fu over Bingham/Carter.

Well I mean from some of the comments on here over the season, you'd get the feeling that Bingham was just a pub player and not the World Champion, so..

I like watching Fu and I like watching Ebdon, so no brainer for me.

EDIT: Dross, I like watching Carter too when he's in flow. I really should get two screens rigged up to watch both.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Seems to be that Bingham is already feeling the breath of the mighty Crucible curse on his neck.

Yes, but even if Bingo does eventually lose and become another victim of the Curse and especially a first round defeat, it doesn't detract from the amazing achievment he did 12 months ago.

He beat Graeme Dott, Ronnie,, Judd and Murphy en route to the title. You can't fluke a title with opoosition like that.

Plus even one of the greatest in Steve Davis fell at th first hurdle, that famous shock 10-1 defeat against Knowles.

Postby Cheshire Cat

This has been a super break from Fu and it's won him the frame. Came on and off the side and black cushion to free the black up off the opening red, cannoned into the bunch off the side cushion from the blue and then into them again directly from the blue just to get that bunch moving.

It's breaks like this that show why he's one of the best break builders in the game.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:This has been a super break from Fu and it's won him the frame. Came on and off the side and black cushion to free the black up off the opening red, cannoned into the bunch off the side cushion from the blue and then into them again directly from the blue just to get that bunch moving.

It's breaks like this that show why he's one of the best break builders in the game.

True.

If Ebdon isn't careful he could get steamrolled by Fu. Marco isn't a Greene or Burns.

Postby TheRocket

Yeah no doubt. No one will ever take that away from him Andre. That was a brillant achievement and especially the way he beat Trump and Murphy who both had been playing fantastic throughout the whole tournament.
Bingham fully deserved the World title.

But that might happen just once for Bingham I'm afraid. I don't think he'll ever reach the level of last years WC again, nor will he come close to win the World title for a second title.

But it doesn't matter really. If he retires one day, he'll retire as a (former) World Champ who won the World Championship in style as well.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Just reminding myself of the stats and I that was Marco's 400th century :hatoff:

Just goes to prove how great a breakbuilder he really is.

Very very few in the game have over 400 centuries. :hatoff:

Postby PoolBoy

snooker_loopy wrote:Just been watching the start of BBC 2's broadcast on iPlayer and Hazel didn't mention Jimmy White lost in the final qualifying stage. Poor Jimmy! Steve and Ken got a mention about their losses.

Jimmy actually lost in the first round of qualifying!