Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 16th) Last 32 !!

Postby Dan-cat

kruppy wrote:For someone who doesn't live in the UK and never has heard Taylor commentating: is he really that bad? Or is it more of a love-hate relationship you all seem to have with him?!?

No, he's not that bad, we are just bored of him and his cumbersome cliches as we've been listening to him for about 118 years in the box. He has an extremely limited vocabulary and a whole host of stock phrases, he's a bit like a commentary robot. In fact he probably died years ago, but because the BBC is so scared of losing the granny demographic he may well have been replaced by a box with buttons that JV and the rest press at the right time to keep up the pretense that he's still alive.

I met him a couple of years ago when I treated my mate who'd been in hospital to VIP tickets to the Crucible final (obviously I didn't benefit from this trip at all, it was a truly altruistic move.) He was actually really sweet and said the right answer when I asked him who the best player ever was when he replied Ronnie. <runs off to hide>

C'mon Ali!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Probably Bingo's first good frame of the match. Carter will be annoyed if he got only 5-4 up when he was 5-1.

Yes maybe that frame was important after all if it does go 5-4.

Golden chance to be 6-1 and <doh>

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Probably Bingo's first good frame of the match. Carter will be annoyed if he got only 5-4 up when he was 5-1.

Yes maybe that frame was important after all if it does go 5-4.

Golden chance to be 6-1 and <doh>

As they always say though, if Carter had been offered 5 - 4 at the start of the session he'd have taken it. Strike it and move on and focus for the evening session.