Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 16th) Last 32 !!

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:So far McGill is looking quite good. If he can keep this up I can see an upset happening here.

I did say that if Murphy went for them and missed McGill would get plenty of chances.

Postby snucar

I know it's quite early but I firmly believe that Murphy's form is nowhere near as it was 12 months ago. Do not let his Grand Prix win fool you, he didn't play all that well. Last year he was flying and his long potting was scary.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Quite a few times this season the commentators have had a hard time justifying the balls dropping in.

Especially on BBC tournaments. Wonder why... :roll:

The pockets are exactly as World Snooker wants them to be.

You say that but Chinese events and PTCs are normally a lot tighter. Or at least it seems like it.

True but I can't imagine a BBC executive walking into Hearn's office and demanding the pockets to be looser than the usual standard for the BBC events. I think it's a deliberate decision by World Snooker to make the players look better in front of the biggest audiences.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 16 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Quite a few times this season the commentators have had a hard time justifying the balls dropping in.

You say that but Chinese events and PTCs are normally a lot tighter. Or at least it seems like it.

WS naturally knows BBC events have the most ratings so they do that in order to get more centuries and high breaks from the players.

Doesn't matter, big pockets or not, it's same conditions for every player.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

WS naturally knows BBC events have the most ratings so they do that in order to get more centuries and high breaks from the players.

My thoughts exactly.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I have to say it's pretty quiet around here considering it's the opening day of the World Champs.

Maybe it's becaue they now have that Snookery Dookery Forum :roll:

Some members here have acount there, including me but I don't post on it.

Postby eraserhead

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I was going to say golf is the most boring thing in the world. But it isn't. It is Dennis Taylor.....

Would you consider watching a golf match commentated by Dennis Taylor then? :wave:

Maybe he'd talk about snooker? :chin:

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Long ones haven't been going in for Shaun so far.

He depends on them an awful lot, similar with Judd, their game is very vulnarable is the long ones aren't going in.

Not like Robbo, who nowadays has other tools.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Doesn't matter? Of course it matters. It levels up playing field, skewing the balance even more towards luck, when it really ought to be more about skill and ability. It gives inferior players a better chance of competing.

I tell you what, why not make the pockets 12 inches wide! That way I too could compete against the best! But it doesn't matter, does it? I mean it's the same conditions for everyone, right? <doh>

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Doesn't matter? Of course it matters. It levels up playing field, skewing the balance even more towards luck, when it really ought to be more about skill and ability. It gives inferior players a better chance of competing.

I tell you what, why not make the pockets 12 inches wide! That way I too could compete against the best! But it doesn't matter, does it? I mean it's the same conditions for everyone, right? <doh>

If you put it that way yes it matters.

But still, at the end of the day it's about the player making the most of it. If they can't, then tough luck. :wave:

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:depends on them an awful lot, similar with Judd, their game is very vulnarable is the long ones aren't going in.

Not like Robbo, who nowadays has other tools.

Yeah I don't think Judd's as bad as Murphy anymore but for Smurph it seems to be all or nothing at times.

2-2 at the MSI

Postby LC

I tell you what, why not make the pockets 12 inches wide! That way I too could compete against the best! But it doesn't matter, does it? I mean it's the same conditions for everyone, right? <doh>[/quote]
I totally agree with this, it literally mate Bingham a world beater last year!

Postby Cloud Strife

LC wrote:Doesn't matter? Of course it matters. It levels up playing field, skewing the balance even more towards luck, when it really ought to be more about skill and ability. It gives inferior players a better chance of competing.

I totally agree with this, it literally mate Bingham a world beater last year![/quote]

Remember that plant that went in against Judd in the decider? Pathetic that was.

Postby Skullman

The pockets have been generous for years. If they didn't make Bingham a world beater before, I doubt it was just them that made him a world beater last year.

He's a player who had a good two weeks. It happens.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
LC wrote:Doesn't matter? Of course it matters. It levels up playing field, skewing the balance even more towards luck, when it really ought to be more about skill and ability. It gives inferior players a better chance of competing.

I totally agree with this, it literally mate Bingham a world beater last year!

Remember that plant that went in against Judd in the decider? Pathetic that was.[/quote]

almost as bad as that Murphy pink or the Hendry black for the 147. rofl

Postby snucar

Cloud Strife wrote:

Finally, someone speaks sense. Good post, mate.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:The pockets have been generous for years. If they didn't make Bingham a world beater before, I doubt it was just them that made him a world beater last year.

He's a player who had a good two weeks. It happens.

Precisely. <ok>