Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Qualifying Rd 3 (April 12th-1

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:What a crap choice for streamed matches... even for WS usual picks, this is beyond belief... they coulnd't have picked the 2 worst matches to televise... pmsl

Doherty v Day, great match up, Wilson v Stevens, a cracker, Carter v Dale, also good, Guodong v Wenbo, possibly the two greatest chinese players after Ding, and even Dotty v Dunn is better than the 2 streamed ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi1KN-t ... tml5=False

In case you didn't know they flick between all the tables with Fouldsy and Walker commentating. :spot on:

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:What a crap choice for streamed matches... even for WS usual picks, this is beyond belief... they coulnd't have picked the 2 worst matches to televise... pmsl

Doherty v Day, great match up, Wilson v Stevens, a cracker, Carter v Dale, also good, Guodong v Wenbo, possibly the two greatest chinese players after Ding, and even Dotty v Dunn is better than the 2 streamed ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi1KN-t ... tml5=False

In case you didn't know they flick between all the tables with Fouldsy and Walker commentating. :spot on:

Yes I know mate, but why are the 2 streamed matches those I mentioned? Very poor choice really.

That Youtube stream only shows glimpses of some of them, not the whole match like the 2 streamed tables.

Postby kolompar

eraserhead wrote:Neal mentioned they have the rights to show six tables I'm guessing that's why there are some odd streaming choices. This way world snooker are able to flick through all the interesting matches.

And they managed to stick livesport with Ebdon. :-D

So they were actually choosing the worst matches on purpose. I don't know, that youtube stream is a bit chaotic that they keep switching to other matches, hard to enjoy.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:Yes I know mate, but why are the 2 streamed matches those I mentioned? Very poor choice really.

That Youtube stream only shows glimpses of some of them, not the whole match like the 2 streamed tables.

If you look at my post above my theory is that world snooker wanted to be able to flick through the matches you mentioned.

They only have the rights to six tables.
Last edited by eraserhead on 12 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

kolompar wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Neal mentioned they have the rights to show six tables I'm guessing that's why there are some odd streaming choices. This way world snooker are able to flick through all the interesting matches.

So they were actually choosing the worst matches on purpose. I don't know, that youtube stream is a bit chaotic that they keep switching to other matches, hard to enjoy.

Exactly.

Postby PoolBoy

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie once won 3 frames in 22 minutes in some CL match...

And he would still have been 3-0 up if it had taken 2 hours and 22 minutes.
No prizes for speed in snooker. Last night's contest saw a match over 19 frames that was spectacular in it's unfolding drama - probably the most intriguing contest in professional snooker this season.
One 50+ break in 19 frames. Nobody complained. That's the essence of snooker.
Who's Ronnie? That hammer had nothing to do with last night!

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie once won 3 frames in 22 minutes in some CL match...

And he would still have been 3-0 up if it had taken 2 hours and 22 minutes.
No prizes for speed in snooker. Last night's contest saw a match over 19 frames that was spectacular in it's unfolding drama - probably the most intriguing contest in professional snooker this season.
One 50+ break in 19 frames. Nobody complained. That's the essence of snooker.
Who's Ronnie? That hammer had nothing to do with last night!

Please forgive me if I'm not allowed to mention a stat on a Snooker Forum.

And I like all styles of play, slow and fast, defense and attacking, so you're talking to the wrong person. :wave:

Postby Andre147

Has Goudong ever played at Crucible?

He's 5-3 up v his good pal Wenbo, I would love if Xiao made it.

EDIT: yes he has, 2014, lost 10-8 v Carter.

last year he lost in the final qualifying round v Jimmy Robbo, lost it on the final pink in the decider.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Imagine Ebdon gets drawn with Ronnie.

I would enjoy that match, clash of styles, love it.

Last time they met at Crucible Ronnie hammered him 10-4. <ok>

Yep. And Ebdon again wouldn't have the slightest of chances. His scoring is just too weak to compete with Ronnie in a bo19 match.

And Ronnie's head is much stronger than it was 11 years ago so Ebdon wouldn't get under his skin with deliberate slow play.

Postby Wildey

yes thats exactly what has happened.

the worst matches have been placed on liveworldsnooker.tv for a reason.

Postby Andre147

For all the slow play the two Ebdons are producing, the real Ebdon is leading 6-0.

I guess that 10-9 win yesterday from 9-3 down really fired him up. His confidence must be sky high after that win. I'd rather see a former Champion at Crucible than a certain Ian Burns.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Have to say it looks like the strongest group of qualifiers in a few years and most in good form.

GJ I was thinking exactly the same thing.

This year we may see quite a few shocks early exits for the seeded players, record is 8 in 1992 and 2012.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Thep is such a classy player to watch, it's just a shame he just can't find any consistency.

Ali Carter is playing like a machine it seems. DD is getting torn apart by heavy scoring.

Hopefully Kendo sends Day packing.

Would love Zhou Yuelong to pull through. He's such a talent right now.

The possibility of drawing someone like Ding or Ali in the first round.. that is brutal.

Postby Wildey

Cheshire Cat wrote:Thep is such a classy player to watch, it's just a shame he just can't find any consistency.

Ali Carter is playing like a machine it seems. DD is getting torn apart by heavy scoring.

Hopefully Kendo sends Day packing.

Would love Zhou Yuelong to pull through. He's such a talent right now.

The possibility of drawing someone like Ding or Ali in the first round.. that is brutal.

personally i think drawing a top player is better and you hit the ground running instead of being complacent......

if you going to be WC might as well get rid of rivals early.