Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Qualifying Rd 3 (April 12th-1

Postby snookerlover

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:Robbie would love to draw Perry really got under his skin at UK ....

I actually think that would fire Perry up even more to beat him.

Robbie's best hope would be against someone like Fu, Walden, or even MJW who has been struggling of late.

What happened at the UK? Is Perry the one who ranted about Robbie's playing style?

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
snookerlover wrote:The idea of Ding/Carter v Ronnie/Robbo/Selby/Trump/Murphy etc in the first round is as eye-watering as it is ludicrous.

Personally I'd love to see O'Sullivan draw Ebdon.

Now that would be somethin. :mosh2:

And it,d be really somethin if Peter would spank Ronnies bottom and send him packin. :-D

So there,s gonna be 5 Scots at the crucible this time,thats not bad at all. <ok>

If he does draw him, he will be the one who gets spanked like in 2012.

This isn't 2005 anymore, Ebdon long ago doesn't get in Ronnie's head plus he doesnt have the scoring power to stop Ronnie.

Well as you fully know yourself dear Andre,it all comes down tho the day,The Ebdonator just might get to Rons head again,alone the presence of The Ebdonator will scare,in fact terrify him+ Ebdon might serve up tough matchplay,bring his full mental ability which will cause Ronnie to lose his patience and crack like a egg does when it gets dropped on the floor + he might have his pottin boots on and serve up all the other fantastic skills he has as well,it,ll then be :wave: bye :wave: bye Ronnie. :D

Judgement day will have returned and The Ebdonator will terminate The Rocket and send him deeeeeeeeeeep into dispair and outer space. :kill: :D

Postby snookerlover

eraserhead wrote:Who does everyone think are the most vulnerable seeds?

Fu, Maguire and White for me

Bingham - Crucible curse and all that. And he's been a bit dodgy lately.
Marco Fu - you've never know which one'll turn up
Perry - a 16-24 player masquerading as a Top 16er
Gould - never seems to quite reach the levels he used to promise.
M. White - his safety play is utter marmite

I think they are the 5 most likely to lose in the first round to anybody.
On the flip side the 5 most threatening qualifiers seeds could draw

Ding - obviously
Carter - obviously
Ebdon - let's be honest nobody likes playing Ebdon, and it's ugly but he gets results
Lliang Wenbo - could easily be in the Top 16 if he'd had a few slightly better runs
Wilson - he's been steadily improving for ages

Postby Master Blaster

hendry_fan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
snookerlover wrote:The idea of Ding/Carter v Ronnie/Robbo/Selby/Trump/Murphy etc in the first round is as eye-watering as it is ludicrous.

Personally I'd love to see O'Sullivan draw Ebdon.

Now that would be somethin. :mosh2:

And it,d be really somethin if Peter would spank Ronnies bottom and send him packin. :-D

So there,s gonna be 5 Scots at the crucible this time,thats not bad at all. <ok>

If he does draw him, he will be the one who gets spanked like in 2012.

This isn't 2005 anymore, Ebdon long ago doesn't get in Ronnie's head plus he doesnt have the scoring power to stop Ronnie.

Well as you fully know yourself dear Andre,it all comes down tho the day,The Ebdonator just might get to Rons head again,alone the presence of The Ebdonator will scare,in fact terrify him+ Ebdon might serve up tough matchplay,bring his full mental ability which will cause Ronnie to lose his patience and crack like a egg does when it gets dropped on the floor + he might have his pottin boots on and serve up all the other fantastic skills he has as well,it,ll then be :wave: bye :wave: bye Ronnie. :D

Judgement day will have returned and The Ebdonator will terminate The Rocket and send him deeeeeeeeeeep into dispair and outer space. :kill: :D

Ebdonator; never heard of this animal. Is it related to one of these?

Postby Master Blaster

snookerlover wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Who does everyone think are the most vulnerable seeds?

Fu, Maguire and White for me

Bingham - Crucible curse and all that. And he's been a bit dodgy lately.
Marco Fu - you've never know which one'll turn up
Perry - a 16-24 player masquerading as a Top 16er
Gould - never seems to quite reach the levels he used to promise.
M. White - his safety play is utter marmite

I think they are the 5 most likely to lose in the first round to anybody.
On the flip side the 5 most threatening qualifiers seeds could draw

Ding - obviously
Carter - obviously
Ebdon - let's be honest nobody likes playing Ebdon, and it's ugly but he gets results
Lliang Wenbo - could easily be in the Top 16 if he'd had a few slightly better runs
Wilson - he's been steadily improving for ages

I think White could blow up if he doesn't get things going his way, re the Welsh Open; up his own chuff and believes the hype from prats like Morgan.

Perry is a class match player and terrific bloke; leave him alone. One of the few pros who will answer a twitter question and retweet fans' stuff. He predicted that Ronnie will win the Worlds by the way.

Postby Andre147

snookerlover wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:Robbie would love to draw Perry really got under his skin at UK ....

I actually think that would fire Perry up even more to beat him.

Robbie's best hope would be against someone like Fu, Walden, or even MJW who has been struggling of late.

What happened at the UK? Is Perry the one who ranted about Robbie's playing style?

He's the one yes.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/141107 ... ship_loss/

Postby eraserhead

Holt gets away with it, played a terrible safety left everything on but King couldn't get position on the blue and left it over the pocket.

So with that we now know everyone who will be at the crucible!
Last edited by eraserhead on 13 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby PLtheRef

In addition to the World Snooker youtube channel programmes tomorrow night and on Semi-Final Thursday BBC Radio Sheffield are hosting a 'Snooker Heaven' from 7-8. You should be able to listen to it from their website.

Postby PoolBoy

snookerlover wrote:Who holds the record for most consecutive appearances and can anyone beat it this year?

Stephen Hendry played at the Crucible for 27 consecutive seasons - he was ever-present throughout his career. Steve Davis has played at the Crucible 30 times! (but not in consecutive seasons)