Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Qualifying Rd 2 (April 10th-1

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:I cannot see either of these players beating Burns after this, especially not Greene.

Burns tucked up in bed oblivious to who he will be playing.

Postby PoolBoy

vodkadiet wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:
fridge46 wrote:Wasnt Greene 9-3 up at one point?!

He was 9-3 up...but it's now 9-8!
This would be an incredible comeback from Ebdon if he could take the next two frames!
Not sure what the greatest ever comeback is in professional snooker, but this would be impressive!
To be honest, at 3-9, most players would subconsciously have resigned themselves to losing - but not Peter Ebdon!
I remember Hendry winning the Masters 9-8 from 2-8...which is similarly '6 down with 7 to play'.

Nigel Bond beat Cliff Thorburn 10-9 in the 1994 first round at The Crucible from 9-2 down.

Great stat - cheers, vodkadiet.

Postby vodkadiet

PoolBoy wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:
fridge46 wrote:Wasnt Greene 9-3 up at one point?!

He was 9-3 up...but it's now 9-8!
This would be an incredible comeback from Ebdon if he could take the next two frames!
Not sure what the greatest ever comeback is in professional snooker, but this would be impressive!
To be honest, at 3-9, most players would subconsciously have resigned themselves to losing - but not Peter Ebdon!
I remember Hendry winning the Masters 9-8 from 2-8...which is similarly '6 down with 7 to play'.

Nigel Bond beat Cliff Thorburn 10-9 in the 1994 first round at The Crucible from 9-2 down.

Great stat - cheers, vodkadiet.

I have a head full of garbage stats!

Postby vodkadiet

eraserhead wrote:VEGAN POWER!!!

Can't believe I stayed up for this.

A good day for Vegan power!

Highfield, Carter, and Ebdon all winning. Albeit maybe only dietary, but still it shows the endurance of plant based diet players!

Postby vodkadiet

PoolBoy wrote:What a win for Ebdon! I'm sure there would have been a fist pump at the end! It's just after 2am UK time!
That's a sore one for Gerard Greene - losing his Tour spot as well.
Just shows there's more to snooker than big breaks...

Yes, that was excellent. What a choker for Greene. I am sure he will be back though.

Postby Andre147

Yes excelent win for Ebdon, one of the biggest comebacks this Sport has ever seen. I'm thinking of others like the Hendry one at the Masters 1991 from 8-2 down to 9-8, Murphy also from 8-2 down v Ding at the Wuxi Classic, the two 5-0 comebacks in a Best of 11 we had recently at the Uk Champs, and obviously that Nigel Bond one at the Worlds against Thorburn from 9-2 down.

Gotta give every credit to Ebdon, even if Greene at one point seemed completly lost, Ebdon still had to pot them, and he duly did. :hatoff:

Postby PoolBoy

Ronnie79 wrote:Can it really be classed as one of the sports greatest ever comebacks ?. Its in a qualifier for a start and greene is hardly a world beater

Strange take on it. Particularly, as a few weeks ago, you were poster most fervently claiming Ronnie's 38 successive wins as the all-time record - as they were in 'professional' competition. They were all qualifiers!
You can't have it both ways!

Postby Vallomas

I fell to bad just when Ebdon made it 9-5 and I was joking at my fb profile that when I will wake up, I will catch the decider. :-D

At last Ebbo made it and the match had finished some hours earlier than I was expecting. Hats off to him, although it was very tough for Greene (whom I like very much). That's life, especially in sport!

Postby barrydoherty54

I was following the updates from the match on twitter thanks too Matt@ProSnookerBlog

Only Peter would make a comeback like this. You can see from the breaks that he was struggling badly, I dunno how he finds it in himself to makes these comebacks. 9-3 down playing sh!te and he continues to play sh!te and rolls off 7 in a row lol.

Postby Dan-cat

barrydoherty54 wrote:I was following the updates from the match on twitter thanks too Matt@ProSnookerBlog

Only Peter would make a comeback like this. You can see from the breaks that he was struggling badly, I dunno how he finds it in himself to makes these comebacks. 9-3 down playing sh!te and he continues to play sh!te and rolls off 7 in a row lol.

He probably started playing very slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly